dreaming of my dead dad

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 rat girl

rat girl

Iron Strangler that feasts on beer!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Interests:my interests are reading, anything on the paranormal - checking out other peoples ghost photos and watching horror movie, reading anything by Richard Laymon, i like photoshop and other photograph program's. I live in Scotland with my partner, we have a mini zoo in our house. At the moment we have 4 rats, unfortunately 8 of our ratties have passed away, we also have 2 guinea pigs, a rabbit, a corn snake, a bearded dragon and 2 degus!!

Posted 21 March 2006 - 09:40 AM

i just wanted to tell everyone about an experience i had a few years ago.....

one night i had a dream about my dad, who passed away seven years ago.
in the dream my dad was saying to me that he would look after my dog for me when she dies, and in the dream i got the feeling that he was telling me that it would be quite soon, well when i woke up i was quite upset - i had just moved into a flat of my own and my partner had broken up with me, so all i had was my dog who i loved so much.

now, my dog wasnt very old was still eating and playing and showing no signs of going anywhere.
about a week after i had the dream i was sitting in with my dog and she started acting really strange - kind of gasping for breath, this really upset me and i didnt know what to do, so i sat with her and just tried to comfort her for a while then eventually i had to call the vet - a friend took me down to the vets in their car and i sat in the back seat with her, so was laying across my lap looking up at me, i felt so close to her at that time and i knew she was leaving this world, as we got to the vets she was almost dead but the vet gave her an injection to help her on her way. i was so upset about her dieing - i have never felt as close to an animal as i did to her.

i think my dad came to me to warn me about her and to let me know that she would be looked after.
i have dreams now and again about her and my dad, and in the dreams she feels so real - its almost like im seeing her again, im convinced that when my dad visits me in a dream he brings her with him so i can see her.

after having one of these dreams i always wake up feeling like i have seen her again, and IF there is such a thing as an afterlife - i hope she will be there waiting for me as i cant wait to see her again.
Posted Image

#2 spooksareus

spooksareus

Graceful leader of men who harvests wheat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,003 posts
  • Interests:Healthy friends, supernatural science (oxy morans, lol!), cooking & baking, all animals, playing music (mostly jazz), art (all mediums), interesting & open minded people, truth, justice and liberal politics...

Posted 21 March 2006 - 09:54 AM

:clap:

"It is perfectly monstrous the way people go about, nowadays, saying things against one behind one's back that are absolutely and entirely true." -Oscar Wilde “The Picture of Dorian Gray”

#3 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 21 March 2006 - 12:36 PM

;) At least you have the comfort of seeing your beloved dog and father again. They are probably trying to communicate that they love you and are around you quite often. That is a wonderful thing to have happen, and more people would love to experience it. Animals are givers of such unconditional love that we sometimes don't realise how lucky we are to have them, even for such a short time. I have a Cairn who is about 14 now, blind and deaf. I dread the day that he will leave me to cross the Rainbow Bridge, so I love him as much as I can.
If you meditate at all, Rats, try calling your father and/or dog to mind. Then mentally try to communicate your feelings to them. You might be surprised at the results...
Whirly Dude
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#4 spiritlady

spiritlady

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts
  • Interests:what ever comes to mind............

Posted 21 March 2006 - 01:19 PM

i had some experences too that went like that. sorry to hear about your pet, at least you knew about it and your father was the one to tell you , i hope you know how lucky you are to be that blessed.

Spiritlady ;)
My Sesshomaru , my protectorPosted Image

#5 rat girl

rat girl

• PipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Interests:my interests are reading, anything on the paranormal - checking out other peoples ghost photos and watching horror movie, reading anything by Richard Laymon, i like photoshop and other photograph program's. I live in Scotland with my partner, we have a mini zoo in our house. At the moment we have 4 rats, unfortunately 8 of our ratties have passed away, we also have 2 guinea pigs, a rabbit, a corn snake, a bearded dragon and 2 degus!!

Posted 21 March 2006 - 04:41 PM

hi spooksareus, redhead and spiritlady,

i know i that im lucky to have experienced what i did and i will always remember it.
i was feeling very depressed at the time and im glad my dad was looking out for me.

redhead, im sorry to hear about your dog being deaf and blind, im sure he appreciates all the love you give him, and when his time is called im sure he will be watching over you till you meet again.

animals DO give unconditional love and i think that it amazing that you can have such a strong bond with an animal, my dog always knew when i was feeling depressed and would come over to me, rest her head in my lap and just look up at me with her beautiful brown eyes, it seems like she was saying to me im here for you.

i am clearing out the spare room at the moment to turn into a quiet place to try and meditate.

thanks for replying, loads of hugs to you all and an extra big hug to your little dog redhead!!

:headbang:
Posted Image

#6 leslie_dragonlvr

leslie_dragonlvr

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,396 posts
  • Interests:Enjoying life, again.<br />Anything paranormal, mostly spiritography and spirit communication.<br />The wilderness, traveling, historical places and a beach.<br />All that involves my heart and soul.

Posted 21 March 2006 - 05:27 PM

Hi Ratgirl,
So sorry to hear of both losses. They all do come to us in one way or another. I get the dreams too, I have very psychic dreams, mostly major disasters around the world and nearby. But when our pets leave us, I must say they either stay with us for a while or they do come back as another pet for us to love again. My daughter gets pet spirits too. She asked me a couple of weeks ago, did Dad ever have a white dog? (he did several years before she was born, the dog passed away) I asked her why? She said she is back, I saw her walking around the house. I had felt one of our dogs was home again, I had heard the toenail footsteps just the day before and looked to see no one was there. I've had one of my cats come back and rub my chin the way he always did. Its a bit creepy, but once you feel them again, its very comforting.
:headbang:
Leslie
Greg - You and no other - Forever and Always! Gv ge yu!

#7 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 23 March 2006 - 07:56 PM

redhead, im sorry to hear about your dog being deaf and blind, im sure he appreciates all the love you give him, and when his time is called im sure he will be watching over you till you meet again.

Thanks. He is quite happy and content. I make sure I walk with him in the house, and dont move furniture around on him. I email with someone in England who is in a Cairn club. He told me blindness in the breed is a bit common. As long as Casey eats and enjoys being with us, I will continue to be his seeing eye person, and love him up.
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#8 Mist

Mist

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,977 posts
  • Interests:Ghosts, dancing, writing and tornados. Long baths are a great relaxer! Love meeting people. Going for walks. I love to write poems and short stories. Enjoy meeting new people, making new friends. Getting out of the city for a weekend is my fav thing to do but can't always do it. LOL

Posted 23 March 2006 - 08:40 PM

That is great that your dad comes to you in dreams. My grandmother use to do that. Feels good to know they are near you.
Posted Image

#9 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,386 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 25 March 2006 - 05:20 AM

Dreams, aer means of comunication with the other realms. On reason why dreams are selected by the dead o contact us, could be the fact that we could be more receptible while we are sleeping.
Posted Image

#10 rat girl

rat girl

• PipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 11:07 AM

has anyone else had anything like this happen to them??
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users