Need locations

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Medicus

Medicus

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Interests:was naive and belived now skeptic.

Posted 21 March 2006 - 05:10 PM

Hello new to ghost hunting and my group and I need some locations to go to. I live near chicago Illinois and we don't mind if it is in another state next to illinois. Just post if you konw any thanks.

#2 Vivienne_DuBois

Vivienne_DuBois

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 06:37 PM

Hi Medicus,

There's a bunch of places in Milwaukee (I know mainly Wisconsin haunts, but Milwaukee is close enough to you). Here's a list of some of them. I'm sure some of these are private property/public dwellings. So, perhaps you can get permission to investigate there. :ghost:

The Rave/Eagles Ballroom - Milwaukee. – Lots of paranormal activity: a ghost is felt, disembodied sounds of children playing or crying are heard, cold spots as well as negative energy in many parts of the building. Supposedly, the pool room (which is kept locked at all times) and the Eagles Ballroom are the most haunted areas here, but I have heard reports of people feeling strangely and hearing disembodied noises in several areas of the building.

Kemper Hall - Kenosha. Former seminary and school with a long history of ghosts, including ghostly nuns.

Marquette University - Milwaukee. Various buildings connected with the school are haunted.

Pfister Hotel - Milwaukee. Charles Pfister (the founder) greets and helps guests out. He is seen watching guests from the grand staircase and likes to walk in the gallery above the ballroom.

Shaker’s Cigar Bar - Milwaukee. Many spirits witnessed here. Shadows are seen, bad spirits reside in the basement and a playful spirit named Elizabeth (she usually resides in the ladies restroom) among many, many others.

Brumder Mansion - Milwaukee. Bed and Breakfast which is haunted by George Brumder’s aunt. She typically hangs out in the Gold Room, but strange occurances happen throughout the mansion. Investigators have captured paranormal activity here.

Tabernacle Cemetery - Waukesha (near Milwaukee). The farm adjacent is private property. The cemetery is under constant surveillance. So, be careful. The phenomenon reported: the apparition of a man by the cemetery sign (he stands next to a tree there) and strange lights.

Here's a link to some great haunts from all over Wisconsin if you're willing to travel:

http://www.ghostvill...showtopic=12713

Tons more if you Google. Happy hunting. :headbang:

Viv

Edited by Vivienne_DuBois, 21 March 2006 - 06:40 PM.

#3 Medicus

Medicus

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Interests:was naive and belived now skeptic.

Posted 22 March 2006 - 02:09 PM

Wow thanks so much for all the info. :weeee:

#4 Frogbat

Frogbat

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 06:42 PM

Hey Med,

I'm in Joliet and know of quite a number of local places. If you post where you're at I can give you more specific places but here are some in the Chicago area;

Beverly Unitarian Church- nicknamed the Irish Castle, the ghost of a young woman in a long dress has been seen here. It's at 10233 South Longwood Drive.

Biograph Theater- John Dillinger was killed by the police here in 1934, his ghost has been said to appear and run down the alley next to the building. 2433 N. Lincoln Avenue.

Clark Street Bridge- The Eastland Steamer capsized between the Clark and La Salle Street bridges in 1915 and nearly 200 people died. Screams and shadows are reported here.

Evergreen Cemetery- 87th Street and Kedzie Avenue. The ghost of a brunette girls hitchs rides here.

Excalibur Nightclub- 632 N. Dearborn. Smells, sightings,disembodied cries, and poltergeist activity have all been reported here. Excalibur was even featured on the TV show Sightings. In 1871 the Chicago Historical Society occupied the building and several women were killed in a fire, the building was also used as a temporary morgue after both the great Chicago fire and the Eastland disaster.

Graceland Cemetery- A life-size statue of a young girl named Inez Clarke that disappears,cries, and sobbing sounds that come from the vicinity. And a green-eyed wolf-like creature that prowls around the underground vault of Ludwig Wolff. 4001 N. Clark Street.

Hull House- one of my personal favorites, although I've never been able to visit it myself. Monk-like figures have been photographed on the stairway to the second floor, as well as ectoplasmic mists. My fav though- legends of a devil-baby that people still report sighting to this day. 800 South Halsted Street

Red Lion Pub- 6 or 7 different ghosts have been reported here and it's located right across the street from the Biograph Theater. 2446 North Lincoln Avenue.

and no self-respecting Chicago-based ghosthunter can forget what mey be the most famous ghost legend...

RESURRECTION MARY! Resurrection Mary's ghost appears along Archer Avenue outside of Resurrection Cemetery 7600 South Archer Avenue Justice Il.

Hope this helps ya some. If you want more specific sites or more info post or contact me.

Froggy
Knowledge is power. Power corrupts.Study hard. Be evil.Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users