• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Aireygrey

Aireygrey

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 12:13 AM

I have read all about Astral Travel and how it comes about. But while reading one of Hans Holzer's books I saw a section on Astral Travel that you can do any time. I had never thought of trying it and checked on the net and found a few articles on it. I got really confused about half way through each one.

I was just wondering if anyone here has ever tried it and if you have how did you do it. But, please keep it simple and descriptive because this is something that I think I would really want to try. Thanks

-Bone

#2 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,400 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 22 March 2006 - 12:34 AM

Hiya bone, check out these links, where I am sure people have explained about what you are asking for. I for one have done this, and with help from two or three of the posts in here.

http://www.ghostvill...astral travelfo the posts in one of these threads.

Thank you
Posted Image

#3 Aireygrey

Aireygrey

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 01:17 AM

Thanks a lot Moon. Guess I shouldve searched first....too late now. I actually tried doing it earlier. I got to a point where I couldnt feel my arms and a few seconds later it felt like my arms were being lifted but I know I wasnt doing it. By the time my legs started to feel like this I was startled by our dog who barks over nothing.

I dont even know if that was the start of it....was it?

#4 MoonChild

MoonChild

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,400 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 03:41 AM

With my limited experience, and reading through other's experience, I will have to say YES. For me, it was a bit scary when that tingling sensation set in, but eventually I would say it felt good B) Seeing my physical body lying on the cot was perhaps the excitement part! :blush:
Posted Image

#5 Aireygrey

Aireygrey

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 05:06 AM

Seems a little scary, the thought of watching yourself. Did you ever think that you may not be able to..."go back in"?

#6 lulaboo

lulaboo

Beware of her lil' redneck girl rage

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,298 posts
  • Interests:too many to list

Posted 23 March 2006 - 09:05 AM

I've tried on occasions before to self induce the astral travel and what you describe sounds alot like what I was experiencing. I can never really get too much farther than hovering just above my body. Most times for me it happens by accident. I get a little creeped out though by the thought of looking back and seeing my own body. :)
Is it Peeps season yet?Gallon of citronella oil--$5.95Having said oil blessed by local Catholic priest--FreeThe look on a psychic vampires face after you douse it with blessed oil and call it a psychic mosquito--Priceless!!!There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#7 MoonChild

MoonChild

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,400 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 01:51 AM

Seems a little scary, the thought of watching yourself. Did you ever think that you may not be able to..."go back in"?

Yes, that feeling that we get since we are not experiened. Infact, I did not venture out of the room, I wanted to see my body all the time, I was walking around the room.
Posted Image

#8 petunia4998

petunia4998

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 12:00 PM

You will always be able to reenter your body because your astral is connected by the silver cord and the only time the silver cord is severed is during death, a preordained occurance. So astral travel should not be a problem.
petunia4998

#9 Ryan540

Ryan540

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Interests:I have always been interested in the paranormal. I also like listening to music, playing guitar, and videogames.

Posted 25 March 2006 - 03:23 PM

What are any dangers in astral travel. I was maybe thinking about giving it a shot.
Don't trust the shadows because they throw things at you.

#10 petunia4998

petunia4998

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 04:42 PM

There are no dangers, Ryan. You do it every night when you sleep; it's a very natural thing. Just doing it consciously is difficult. I remember trying to do it one night and when I felt myself lifting from my body, I got so excited, I slammed right back in. Not very helpful.
petunia4998

#11 twinklestar

twinklestar

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Interests:holistic therapies, spooky stuff, reading, cinema

Posted 26 March 2006 - 04:14 AM

i think there are a few dangers when trying to astral travel on purpose. i think that you youself have to be feeling good and happy and not depressed or angry at the time. and as you are trying to make it happen then if your able to do it and you are feeling depressed and such like you might not be able to control where you go and end up in the negative realms where all the bad things hang about, can you imagine how scary that would be, of coures you will be able to get back into your body but you might bring back something with you. so in my ideal world i wouldnt try unless im happy. i know we do it naturally when we sleep, but then our consciuos(?) mind isnt in conrtol is it and we go to safe places.

#12 lulaboo

lulaboo

Beware of her lil' redneck girl rage

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,298 posts
  • Interests:too many to list

Posted 26 March 2006 - 06:35 PM

Good point Twinklestar and Welcome to Ghost Village :)
One thing I did read up on when it comes to meditating and astral travelling is that you should always visualize your problems and a way of releasing them before making the journey. That way there's nothing hanging around in the back of your mind that can alter the direction you wish to take to have a more productive journey.
Is it Peeps season yet?Gallon of citronella oil--$5.95Having said oil blessed by local Catholic priest--FreeThe look on a psychic vampires face after you douse it with blessed oil and call it a psychic mosquito--Priceless!!!There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#13 Azzy Levith

Azzy Levith

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 09:07 PM

On the sleeping aspect, while the conscious isn't controlling where you go, there are places that aren't safe that you may travel into. Anyone else experience this?

#14 Ryan540

Ryan540

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Interests:I have always been interested in the paranormal. I also like listening to music, playing guitar, and videogames.

Posted 28 March 2006 - 07:46 PM

I havent tryed it yet. I just wanted to know becuase some stuff like this can go horribly wrong
Don't trust the shadows because they throw things at you.

#15 Aireygrey

Aireygrey

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 08:36 PM

There are no dangers, Ryan. You do it every night when you sleep; it's a very natural thing. Just doing it consciously is difficult. I remember trying to do it one night and when I felt myself lifting from my body, I got so excited, I slammed right back in. Not very helpful.

Oh no, I think there are some dangers. In the book I read it said that rarely the astral body cannot "become one" with your physical body. This may cause some problems when you wake up and may need to go through hypnosis to be put back in place. But, this is very rare, so don't worry...if I had the book I would type it down in detail.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users