Were they real???

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#31 rat girl

rat girl

Iron Strangler that feasts on beer!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Interests:my interests are reading, anything on the paranormal - checking out other peoples ghost photos and watching horror movie, reading anything by Richard Laymon, i like photoshop and other photograph program's. I live in Scotland with my partner, we have a mini zoo in our house. At the moment we have 4 rats, unfortunately 8 of our ratties have passed away, we also have 2 guinea pigs, a rabbit, a corn snake, a bearded dragon and 2 degus!!

Posted 12 April 2006 - 07:50 AM

He HAD been a Real Person at some time, he's just minus a flesh and blood body now is all

lol true darkprincess. Now, I'm just curious if casper and that boy I saw years ago are the same. Course I'd settle for casper returning my dvd's at this point. I finally got my fork and teapot back.

LOL that's good! I'm still missing so many things at this point that I've stopped worrying about it! I used to be a pretty heavy smoker, one day I went and got a pack of cigarettes and when I got home I laid them on the kitchen table and went to the bathroom, when I came back I made a cup of tea and went to pick up the pack. It was gone. I retraced my steps thinking I had lost my mind and laid them elsewhere Finally after a hour of searching I was going back to the store to get a new pack, I grabbed my shoes from the closet and there was the pack of cigs in my shoe!!! Sheesh.

LOL :weeee: something or someone was maybe trying to tell you something!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

did you give up smoking after that?? :(
Posted Image

#32 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,374 posts
  • Interests:Art

Posted 12 April 2006 - 04:24 PM

I would have.

Here is a new question on this same subject. Did your parents believe in "the boogey man"?
Check out my artwork at:http://www.jimdemick.com/
and on Facebook
Posted Image https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Art-of-Jim-Demick/261669903877527

Posted ImagePosted Image

"There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#33 GhostCat

GhostCat

Certified husband trainer....guaranteed he won't track dirt

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts
  • Interests:Travelling New England by land and sea, local history, houses - as I am a real estate appraiser, I teach Special Education too, love all the kids I work with... they teach me too, lol, and add lots of smiles to my day....my cats, my goffin cockatoo parrot that is loud, smart and talkative, walking, bicycling, skiing, ice hockey, watching the Patriots, the Bruins and the Red Sox (Woo Hoo.. Fenway Painters..My sister and brother in laws business that paint the Park and my nephew that paints the famous "green monster") lighthouses, antiques, gardening, trying new restaurants, classic movies (love Cary Grant and Alfred Hitchcock), big band music, laughing and being around others that like to laugh, ghost stories - I love to hear other peoples experiences as I have so many to tell myself.

Posted 12 April 2006 - 05:48 PM

I would have.

Here is a new question on this same subject. Did your parents believe in "the boogey man"?

My parents did not, but I sure did. We had a second stairway in our house off of a big back hallway, which was not used much, my older brother told me that is where the "Boogey Man" lived. I stayed out of there. I also thought the Boogey Man" also slept under my bed, so when the lights were out, I would run and jump quick so he wouldn't grab my feet.
"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."-- Robert A. Heinlein

#34 DarkPrincess

DarkPrincess

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Interests:Actually...A little bit of everything...I really love posting on GV and I enjoy the chat a lot also. Everyone has been just great! <br />If you have Yahoo or MSN ask me for ID :) feel free to PM me too.

Posted 12 April 2006 - 07:35 PM

I would have.

Nope! My Mother got VERY ticked off :Spaz: whenever my sisters or cousins tried to pull the Boogy Man crap on me. I was Always scared of the dark when I was little, had to really work hard at it when I was a teenager to get past it to some degree.

Edited by DarkPrincess, 12 April 2006 - 07:36 PM.

Posted Image

#35 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,374 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 06:59 AM

But why were you afrade of the dark?
and on Facebook
Posted Image https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Art-of-Jim-Demick/261669903877527

Posted ImagePosted Image

#36 DarkPrincess

DarkPrincess

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Interests:Actually...A little bit of everything...I really love posting on GV and I enjoy the chat a lot also. Everyone has been just great! <br />If you have Yahoo or MSN ask me for ID :) feel free to PM me too.

Posted 14 April 2006 - 12:41 PM

But why were you afrade of the dark?

That's a good question, and I don't have an answer. I just always was for as long as I can remember even to this day at nearly 39 years old (in June) I still have a problem with dark, Not out side, but inside. Closterphobia doesn't help either. :lol: Drives me Mad! I hate basements with a passion and to be honest, I avoid basements if at all possible, tornado season is the worst for me, If I'm alone in the house with just the dogs, I won't hit the basement unless I can actually SEE the tornado. If I don't see it I don't bother. The dogs hate our basement too, none go down there unless I physically carry them down. and even then they are shivering and fussing around, No Problem getting them back up though...I open the safe room door and they are gone like little furry bullets. LOL I feel the same way, all to often when forced to go down it's all I can do not to fly up those stairs. LOL
Posted Image

#37 civilwarbuff

civilwarbuff

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Interests:making my crafts,love anything that has to do with american history.but mostly civil war.love to read ghost books.go to civil war battlefields.those are haunted to.so i get the history with the ghosts.

Posted 22 May 2006 - 04:04 PM

i had an imaginary friend named tito.where in the world i got that name i dont know.i didnt even know of the jackson 5 back then.when i was younger i use to hear whispers in my room.my sister who was always asleep never heard it.we shared a room.my parents thought i had an overactive imagination.but i dont ever remember seeing him.just talking to him.but the whispers sounded like more than one person talking.i couldnt make anything out but it scared me as a kid.my sister never had an imaginary friend.her loss huh. :wow:

maybe thats why i have always loved the paranormal.it started out when i was very young.
when sliding down the bannister of life, may the splinters never point the wrong way...an irish blessing.......may those that love us, love us, as for those that dont love us, may God turn their hearts.and if God cant turn their hearts, may God turn their ankles, so we will know them by their limp.

#38 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,374 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 12:57 PM

I think this is a pretty interesting thread so I figured i'd wake it back up and see if any newer villagers would like to add some.
and on Facebook

Posted ImagePosted Image

#39 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,374 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 12:58 PM

Now that we are older and think back to childhood....were some to the thing that we encountered real? Most of us have had imaginary friend but were they imaginary or paranormal? The boogey man, was he made up by our parents or was there really somebody or something there? What do you think.

Back when I was little I remember having an imaginary dog that I would play with. The strange thing is that we own 3 or 4 dogs at any given time....so there was no need for me to make beleave I had one. Could it have been a puppy that had died in that house?

Anybody else have anything like that happen to them? Lets hear it.

Here is the original post from 2006
and on Facebook

Posted ImagePosted Image

#40 biada

biada

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 05:09 PM

From age 9-12, I use to see shadow people. Just dark silhouette staring at me from a distance as I slept or just walking about the house.

I didn't see any eyes. And they didn't disappear once I saw them. (most say they see it from the corner of their eyes). I saw them dead on.

1st time lasted for a long time. It was a women with curly hair, and she just watched me. While I was sleeping.

2nd time, was a man walking from the kitchen to the living room. Last for about 30 seconds, he turned around, ducked, covered his head, and vanished into thin air.

Once we moved out, I no longer saw anything.

So I believed that house was haunted. And what I saw was real.

Edited by biada, 30 September 2009 - 05:09 PM.

#41 dancinmiriam

dancinmiriam

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Interests:Classical ballet, Flamenco, Classical Indian (heck, any classical dance form-though Ballet is my muse and my profession); religious studies; history;paranormal and spiritual studies.

Posted 30 September 2009 - 05:33 PM

Thank you, Kats, for bringing back the thread. I wanted, first, to say to Redhead what a beautiful story of your 'imaginary' friend Harold! You related it perfectly - I felt the pathos of that story right through the monitor. I grew up with fairly 'believing' parents - my mom held rather unorthodox beliefs as it was, and my dad had grown up with a family from the Appalachians with lots of stories of the local 'witch' and how my grandmother could doctor any illness/wound, magically. Some houses seemed to be busier than others, but all the activity pretty much followed me wherever I went. One incident happened actually in my adult life, but Redhead's story made me think of it, as I also experienced it with my sister. We had a house together in our early twenties that had been many things and only recently, a house. At one point it had been a chiropractor's office - back in the 40/50's- who unfortunately (for those he botched) took on a side job of doing abortions. For you youngin's out there - it was very, very illegal then. Well, we had gotten used to a woman hanging around, especially in the back bedroom which turned out to be the OR as it were. We never saw her, but you could sense this almost overwhelming sadness when she was around - it was palpable. We had guests over for a dinner, most of which were doubters about the supernatural, and as we related the story of this sad event in our home, one of the guests heard crying and was himself brought to the brink of tears. We felt like we had somehow abandoned her when we moved.
I see dance being used as communication between body and soul, to express what is too deep, too fine, for words. ~ Ruth St. Denis

#42 seekeroftruth

seekeroftruth

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 12:09 PM

My oldest daughter had an imaginary friend until she turned 9. His name was Duncan. She would spend hours talking or playing with him. She says that he lived on this land first and that his mom was not liking that we lived here. She stayed scared for a long time, until one day she came to tell me that Duncan's mom said it was ok that we lived here as long as Duncan could stay her friend. Which worried me, but still i said Ok, then well tell duncan he has to clean up his messes and put away the toys when hes done. That seemed to work just fine until her 9th birthday. We went shopping for party supplies and came home to a turned upside down bedroom. It looked as if someone went thru it putting everything in the floor. She yelled at Duncan, You cant come back to my room anymore you made a mess and You arent my friend. She says that it was the only time she didnt feel like he was watching her all the time. Now my youngest is talking to a "friend" named Grace. Who knows, children im told can see what adults cant. I sure hope its nothing malicious. I always say outloud in my home, Im not afraid of you, this is My home and you arent allowed to touch, harm or do anything to us. So far peace has maintained.
Mr. Meant-to has a friend, his name is Didn't-Do. Have you met them? They live together in a house called Never-Win. And I am told that it is haunted by the Ghost of Might-have-Been. Marva Collin

#43 Kittie Danger

Kittie Danger

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 09:47 PM

I had not one, but two imaginary friends, Coozie, and Sambo, Coozie was a little girl & Sambo, just as the name implies was a huge African American man. I don't know if these were ghosts, to me they were real, but people told me they didn't exist, so eventually they either went away or I blocked them I guess. Coozie would get me in trouble by helping me make mud pies & see how many would stick to the house. Sambo would try to talk me out of it. We grew up on a farm & he would go w/me on feeding rounds, tell me what chickens would peck & chase me, or if a goat w/a mean streak was coming up behind me & things like that. He was older, not elderly but he always had on overalls and his hair was just graying at the temples, he'd always have a big smile & the kindest way about him, he was almost a bodyguard or protector. I haven't thought of them in years, but in doing so now, it almost brings tears to my eyes at how wonderful my 'friends' were & how much fun we had togeather, the trouble Coozie got me into & what Sambo would help me to say to get out of it.

#44 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,374 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 01:05 PM

I had not one, but two imaginary friends, Coozie, and Sambo, Coozie was a little girl & Sambo, just as the name implies was a huge African American man. I don't know if these were ghosts, to me they were real, but people told me they didn't exist, so eventually they either went away or I blocked them I guess. Coozie would get me in trouble by helping me make mud pies & see how many would stick to the house. Sambo would try to talk me out of it. We grew up on a farm & he would go w/me on feeding rounds, tell me what chickens would peck & chase me, or if a goat w/a mean streak was coming up behind me & things like that. He was older, not elderly but he always had on overalls and his hair was just graying at the temples, he'd always have a big smile & the kindest way about him, he was almost a bodyguard or protector. I haven't thought of them in years, but in doing so now, it almost brings tears to my eyes at how wonderful my 'friends' were & how much fun we had togeather, the trouble Coozie got me into & what Sambo would help me to say to get out of it.

Thats pretty interesting kittie...thanks for sharing it with us.
and on Facebook

Posted ImagePosted Image

#45 GiaCat21

GiaCat21

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Interests:I love to sleep!!! I also enjoy reading, some of my favorite authors would be Stephen King, Anne Rice, and Edgar Allen Poe. My favorite tv shows are Ghost Hunters, America's Most Haunted, I Shouldn't be Alive, anything on the Discovery Health Channel, Myth Busters, Desperate Houswives, Grey's Anatomy, House, American Idol, Trading Spouses, The Simpsons, Family Guy, King of the Hill. But I obviously don't watch any tv. I also enjoy making new, pretty medic alert braclets, and earrings.

Posted 04 January 2010 - 10:47 AM

I'm STILL afraid of the monsters under my bed and refuse to dangle any body part over the edge at night... Of course if you looked at that abyss you'd be frightened too! And I still HATE closets and can not sleep if my closet doors are open even a crack. And when I sleep I have the covers pulled up over my head because what I can't see can't see me (or so I'd like to think).
Love life.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users