48 replies to this topic

#1 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,380 posts
  • Interests:Art

Posted 27 March 2006 - 01:23 PM

Now that we are older and think back to childhood....were some to the thing that we encountered real? Most of us have had imaginary friend but were they imaginary or paranormal? The boogey man, was he made up by our parents or was there really somebody or something there? What do you think.

Back when I was little I remember having an imaginary dog that I would play with. The strange thing is that we own 3 or 4 dogs at any given time....so there was no need for me to make beleave I had one. Could it have been a puppy that had died in that house?

Anybody else have anything like that happen to them? Lets hear it.
Check out my artwork at:http://www.jimdemick.com/
and on Facebook
Posted Image https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Art-of-Jim-Demick/261669903877527

Posted ImagePosted Image

"There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#2 spelling

spelling

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 01:28 PM

i wondered about that too! when my children say there's something in the closet i usually leave the light on. do i know if there's something there or not? they might know something i don't :P

#3 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,380 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 01:34 PM

Exactly....they say children can see things that most adults can't.
and on Facebook
Posted Image https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Art-of-Jim-Demick/261669903877527

Posted ImagePosted Image

#4 evad_83647

evad_83647

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts
  • Interests:Military, parnormal, UFO's. I am an author, photographer and mechanic.

Posted 27 March 2006 - 01:46 PM

I am of the mind we can see things when we are more receptive and have let our guard down, like dreams.
Once I get there, there is somewhere else.Is it the beginning of the end or the end of the beginning?

#5 Vivienne_DuBois

Vivienne_DuBois

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 01:54 PM

Very interesting...

Children are often considered much more sensitive than the general adult population. So, it would make sense that children may have "imaginary friends" who are, in fact, spirits. I had two: Jenny and Jody. :P

I've sometimes wondered if Jenny and Jody were paranormal in nature. But, I guess, I'll never know.

I can't remember most of my childhood, but from what I can recall, I was never afraid of monsters or anything like that. I was deeply afraid of fire and dogs but I can trace those two fears to things that happened to me when I was a kid.

Neat topic.

Viv

#6 seakla

seakla

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts
  • Interests:My biggest interests are reading and writing. I also love to research my genealogy and love to research other little historical people or events that catch my attention. I am really getting into homespun crafts and have recently learned howe to weave a basket, make my own paper and am currently learning to carve wood. <br /><br />I am married (10 years in 2006) and have two daughters who will be 10 and 8 in 2006. We all enjoy hanging around outside in our own yard, but also are fond of grabbing a South Carolina map, looking at it and saying &quot;this looks like a cool place&quot; and we will take off and drive there. <br /><br />I also enjoy meeting other people and learning about other places and cultures and have a few penpals that I am trying to be better at writing to regularly.

Posted 27 March 2006 - 08:30 PM

I always swore that if my kids said they saw something weird I was going to believe them.

I never had imaginery friends or pets. But I never did like the feeling in that house. I could never sleep upstairs alone, and we had one room that used to terrify me to death. It was okay during the day but at night...I would not be in there at all!! I used to think it was just childhood fears but then when I talked to my brother as an adult he said he had similiar feelings and weird things happening. So, I now know that it was just not me.
Believe and you will be rewarded~Check out my newest release: Magick for the Kitchen WitchVisit my site http://seakla.tripod.com for an autographed copy or purchase it at any online bookstore [

#7 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,380 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 05:07 PM

It makes you wonder about things.
and on Facebook

Posted ImagePosted Image

#8 lulaboo

lulaboo

Beware of her lil' redneck girl rage

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,298 posts
  • Interests:too many to list

Posted 28 March 2006 - 05:17 PM

I can't say that I ever had an imaginary friend but my sister did his name was Michael (for some odd reason whenever she and I got into an arguement my things would come up missing)

What's weirder still is for a little while over the last couple of years my sister told me that her daughters had started talking about having an invisible friend by the same name. I'll have to ask her if they still mention him or not.
Is it Peeps season yet?Gallon of citronella oil--$5.95Having said oil blessed by local Catholic priest--FreeThe look on a psychic vampires face after you douse it with blessed oil and call it a psychic mosquito--Priceless!!!There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#9 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,380 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 05:20 PM

That is very interesting Boo. I would be pretty cool if that entity has been with your sister all these years.
and on Facebook

Posted ImagePosted Image

#10 lulaboo

lulaboo

Beware of her lil' redneck girl rage

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,298 posts
  • Interests:too many to list

Posted 28 March 2006 - 05:41 PM

Too true, I'm pretty sure it's likely that he stayed close to her for a long time if my nieces mentioned him. It's not something we ever really brought up between us until maybe the summer of '04? That's when she mentioned that the girls were talking about an invisible friend named Michael and if I remembered him or thought it may be the same one. Now that I'm thinking about it. I wonder if maybe if he is one in the same if he's a relative and not just a random ghost.
Is it Peeps season yet?Gallon of citronella oil--$5.95Having said oil blessed by local Catholic priest--FreeThe look on a psychic vampires face after you douse it with blessed oil and call it a psychic mosquito--Priceless!!!There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#11 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,380 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 05:58 PM

That would make sense to me, Boo.
and on Facebook

Posted ImagePosted Image

#12 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 30 March 2006 - 12:44 PM

The house I grew up in was haunted. We moved there when I was two years old. My sister told me that I began talking and singing to my 'imaginary' friend about three weeks after we moved in. I called him Mr. Ghost, and he was a good pal. After I started kindergarten, I stopped talking about him. Probably because the teacher may have discouraged it? Don't remember. I never stopped being aware of him. I came to think of him as Harold. My mother would hear things moving in the attic, and would see a mist at my feet when I was sleeping or ill. He was always a part of my life and when I got married and moved away, I tried my level best to encourage him to move on to where he needed to be. I know that if I need him or want him, I have but to think of him and ask him to come and he will. I truly believe that children are able to see things until they are told that they can't or they are just dreaming, etc. Why else do so many children talk about 'friends' and then stop when they get older?
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#13 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,380 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 02:32 AM

They are thought that there are no such things as invisible friends. After you got older Redhead, could you still see him?
and on Facebook

Posted ImagePosted Image

#14 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 31 March 2006 - 12:53 PM

Oh, yes, Kats. He was a friend of mine. I felt him come around more than saw him. Once, when I was in high school, I woke up around dawn. It was very grey out, and I was simply awake. My bed was under the window, and looked out on a field we owned. Our property joined to a farm field and on the fence line was a large, large tree. I looked out the window and saw a man hanging in that tree. Just dangling sort of. My father happened to walk past my door and saw me. He asked me what it was I was looking at, probably thinking there might be a deer out there (we lived a mile from a river/swamp). I told him that there was a man hanging in the tree and he came and looked. He didn't see him, but I still did. He kept reassuring me that I was not quite awake and dreamed it. I "knew" it was Harold and that he had been lynched, maybe nearby. I would see him in my closet doorway if I had left the door open - usually late at night. He would be standing there, watching me quietly. I always felt, once I was older - teens - that he was very sad and lonesome, but glad that I loved him. Sounds kind of goofy, I guess, but I am tearing up right now, just thinking of him. I just miss him is all. The house I live in now doesn't really have that kind of presence. Just some random pranks on me now and again. Funny, to me, hauntings are the norm, not the other way around.
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#15 rat girl

rat girl

Iron Strangler that feasts on beer!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Interests:my interests are reading, anything on the paranormal - checking out other peoples ghost photos and watching horror movie, reading anything by Richard Laymon, i like photoshop and other photograph program's. I live in Scotland with my partner, we have a mini zoo in our house. At the moment we have 4 rats, unfortunately 8 of our ratties have passed away, we also have 2 guinea pigs, a rabbit, a corn snake, a bearded dragon and 2 degus!!

Posted 31 March 2006 - 07:47 PM

i had an imaginary friend when i was about 4 - 7 years of age, his name was eric and i can still remember what he looked like.

i stopped seeing him when my brother was born when i was about 7 years old.

the strange thing is that a few years ago i had a dream that i lived in victorian times and in my dream my imaginary friend eric was actually my brother.
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)