Dice Road Cemetery, Saginaw, Michigan

• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

#61 unimatrix02

unimatrix02

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 09:13 PM

Grew up in Saginaw Twp., Sister now lives across the road from the Dice road cemetary. We used to go out there as kids, to scare girlfriends, in the mid 80's. Until we ran into a group of adults around a fire at the turn around clearing at 2 in the morning. Never been there since. The Lone road church was torn down in the late 80's or early 90's. Been there, too. The one at Bintz's Apple mountain is NOT the Lone road church, it is an old schoolhouse that was moved from the corner of State and Midland roads. It was right next to the old brickyard house on the corner. (Last I knew, there was a small building in it's place, right at the edge of the parking lot. My HS friend's Dad ran Gridley Music in the brick house, and his son Tom sold windsurfers out of the smaller building.) My aunts and uncles went to school there. It was dressed up to look like a church after it was moved. This is 100% accurate, as my Dad, (still living) had a business just east of Midland on State for 50 years, and lived next to where he built the business, for years with his parents. I saw the post about the Lone road church, and joined this site specifically to correct the info given.

Hey my name is Charles. I grew up in Chesaning, if anyone knows where that is (about 20 miles from Saginaw). I had read all of this thread a while back, but never joined. I have always wanted to go out there, but never did. I used to work in midland and live in Chesaning, taking freeland rd. most of the way and passing by dice (I think), all the time, but never knew. Wow.
Anyways, anyone still wanting to go out there sometime, maybe when it's still a little light out and it just creeping on dusk (yea, I know the pun), lol. Let me know.

Charles

#62 Seived

Seived

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 09:52 PM

I actually drove by the cemetary just yesterday.. Didn't seem all that spooky, though I didn't go in(my father probably would've thought it was a pointless stop). I wasn't expecting it to be completely surrounded by the woods though.

#63 Dante

Dante

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 07:58 AM

I've always wondered if anyone else has experienced anything at the Dice Road cemetery in Saginaw, Michigan. Growing up as a teenager, I had always heard stories, even in the Halloween issue of the newspaper it featured the cemetery in it and how the sheriff at the time could not explain the things he saw and heard. My curiosity finally got the best of me and I had to see for myself. Everytime I have visited the cemetery (never alone) something different has happened. If its not a car with no lights being right behind us and then gone, its whispers, vapors and other weird things have happened. Your never disappointed if your looking for a good scare. I was just wondering if anyone else has visited Dice Cemetery or the area itself is supposed to be haunted. It would be nice to know other people know what I'm talking about. Let me know if you know what I'm talking about.

Nikkikat,

I lived on freeland rd and went to Hemlock School's, so I have visited it. The story about the car is false. The truth is, a girl and her two friends were murdered by a man who had recently lost his wife. These girls walked over the grave showing no respect. Out of rage , the teens were punished and hung by the bridge. The Warlock was caught , and burned.

Stay away from the bridge

I'm from California, That's some scary stuff out there....

#64 erikanoelle7

erikanoelle7

• Deleted
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 02:49 PM

Thanx for replying to my post. Dice Road Cemetery has also intrigued me for a long time which is why I go out there and check it out at least once a year when its nice out. Some of the adults in town will tell you a tale or urban legend about it but I've never really met anyone interested in actually researching it with me. There used to be a church that burnt down too. I still haven't gone to our main library to check the history out, but whenever I inquire its very hush-hush, like nobody wants to talk about it. This is what it says about Dice Road Cemetery at "theshadowlands.net".

Saginaw - Dice Road Cemetery - A lady in white that was seen by a jogger one night around 7:00P floating through the cemetery.

Saginaw - Dice Road - One Lane Bridge - A warlock who is said to have hung three girls from the bridge after they stepped on his wifes grave, which is in his front yard near the bridge. Late at night at the bridge you can hear male and female voices, the female voices are screams. Visions of objects moving and things such as ropes being tossed over the side rail, which is where the girls were actually hung. A white car is often said to be following people when they are driving down the road. Waves of smoke are also seen while driving away. There is also a graveyard down the street.

Let me know what you think.

Nikkat

I've always wondered if anyone else has experienced anything at the Dice Road cemetery in Saginaw, Michigan. Growing up as a teenager, I had always heard stories, even in the Halloween issue of the newspaper it featured the cemetery in it and how the sheriff at the time could not explain the things he saw and heard. My curiosity finally got the best of me and I had to see for myself. Everytime I have visited the cemetery (never alone) something different has happened. If its not a car with no lights being right behind us and then gone, its whispers, vapors and other weird things have happened. Your never disappointed if your looking for a good scare. I was just wondering if anyone else has visited Dice Cemetery or the area itself is supposed to be haunted. It would be nice to know other people know what I'm talking about. Let me know if you know what I'm talking about.

Nikkikat, I've also been very interested in certain so-called "haunted places." the dice rd. cemetery is indeed very intruiging......i have been there once....but i didn't really see anything...but i was with two people that were too scared to even get out of the car.....i got out and walked around a little by myself.....for a fraction of a second i saw a human-like shape glowing in the back of the cemetery.... i also felt a sudden gust of wind that sent chills down my spine......i'm very interested in possibly figuring out what is there......i have also been researching the dice rd. cemetery for the past 3 or 4 months....i have found some very interesting information in the past few months.....i found shadowlands index.....i also believe that shadowlands is not a trustworthy website.....being as any person can go on there and make something up....but i have found many more websites....all of which are telling the same story.....so i have been convinced by so many people knowing the same story and experiencing the same things.....let me know if u find out any more information.

#65 erikanoelle7

erikanoelle7

• Deleted
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 02:56 PM

Ok, I am posting, because there seems to be some confusion on certain matters. Yes, the cemetary is the Richland Luthern Cemetary. I have seen several people say that the bridge looks to small to hang people from. Obviously they don't pay very close attention, as there is a plaque on the south side of the bridge that says that it was constructed in the 1990's to replace an older bridge. Now my mom has lived in the area for almost her entire life, and the bridge that was replaced was an old steel trussed bridge (much like the one in Bridgeport that is closed down). See http://www.fayettevi...ings-Bridge.jpg for an example. And NO this is not the same bridge. It is a similarily styled bridge. If anyone has any other questions, please let me know.

vamphunter1462, i'm wondering if the bridge is east of the cemetery.......i have been to the cemetery and i think i've been to the bridge.....i'm not sure but there was a plaque on the bridge....although i cannot remember what it said.

#66 erikanoelle7

erikanoelle7

• Deleted
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 03:02 PM

Yo people! This is insanely cool. I live right by that cemetery. I have heard some rumors but only just recently. I guess it' supposed to be the second most haunted cemetery in Michigan. I heard there is an old indian woman buried there. There was also supposed to be a warlock that used to live in my house who killed two young girls, I don't know if that would contribute to the haunting or not.

jhn_bohn, it is actually the #1 most haunted cemetery in michigan....i have done alot of research and have found that there was a warlock that lived in a house near the cemetery and he hung two girls over the bridge.....and yes....that does contribute to the haunting. i have researched the indian woman and i haven't found anything about her yet, but i'll be sure to let you know if it is true or a myth.

#67 erikanoelle7

erikanoelle7

• Deleted
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 03:10 PM

I am really feeling like there is nothing out there me and a few people have gone out there a coulple of time and nothing has happend no footage no werid feel we all felt a calm over the place there only think we have is orbs on pictures but thats about it im kinda disapointed

i have heard from many people that they've never seen anything on their first trip there....i have talked to friends and most of them said it took at least 2 trips to see something.....try going again....you might see something.

#68 erikanoelle7

erikanoelle7

• Deleted
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 03:30 PM

Ok sorry I had to post again, Its really weird reading thru all of the stories cause I've almost had all of those things happed to me and my friends, Our car too which at that time was 1 year old stalled out the second we reach the turn around. Dark object in the corner of the cemetery. And I have seriously peed my pants at the bridge! For some reason I grew balls the size of melons and walked all the way down and pretty much got in the water, at this time rocks were "raining" down on me and a big masuline figure was approaching me. Everytime i go to dice cemetery I get this feeling that i just want to start crying (mind you i think im a pretty emotional tough guy I've done 2 tours in iraq and seen some crazy BAD_WORD) There has only been 1 time that i felt in danger being at dice road. and that was christmas time to be exact, as soon as we pulled in there i started to get images of dead bodies and evil spirits. I take these visions seriously, cause I have esp. so we turned around and I havent been back since. but for some reason when i get back to america i will be taking another trip there. anyone thats wants to chat more about this drop me a message.

I can't believe i found someone that also has esp. i also have it.....it is very creepy sometimes....i have been there once....and the second i got out of the car......i got visions of evil entities and other insanely creepy things.....now i am only 13 but paranormal investigation is my chosen career and i have dona alot of research.....now i am also a medium....so i can talk to all of the spirits on the cemetery......i also had the crying feeling when i was there.....and a very strong feeling i wasn't wanted there......i haven't really told anyone about the visions or me being a medium.....my dad doesn't believe in that stuff and i kinda tried to tell my mom one time and she treated me like i was an idiot and that i didn't know what i was talking about......there are 2 of my friends that know......i told them before we went......and they thought it was pretty freaky......i'm not sure if they were totally convinced, but at least someone believes me.......i knew i had certain abilities when my friends saw only small orbs and i could see complete bodies floatin around......and when i was talking to the spirits and i was the only one that could hear them talking back.

#69 Social Scene. What.

Social Scene. What.

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:music. writing. art. concerts. friends. creepy things. tattoo's peircings. fun. dirt biking. swimming. basketball.

Posted 03 July 2008 - 08:36 PM

So im new to this sight, but ive read most of the posts about the dice road cemetry.
ive been there three times. first time i didnt get out just wanted to see were it was, me and my boyfriend pulled in and about two car lengths in my entire body felt like crying. we left after that.
then today me and my mom went back there to the bridge too and nothing..
Rather disapointing.
Does anybody know the name of the man who hung those girls?
the mans wife? the girls names?

#70 Gina M.

Gina M.

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 10:11 PM

Richland Lutheran Cemetery is also known as Dice Road Cemetery, it's a pretty cool and fun cemetery

My friends and i went and looked for this cemetery. we looked for 2 hours. We cant find it. We came across a cemetery Richland Luthern?? Something like that. But i dont think that it is the right one. There is no bridge there. Other than that there was no cemetery on dice rd. At least not that we seen. So i was wondering if u could tell me more specific directions because we would like to check it out. Like where is it by? How far from the other cemetery? How far from Zion Luthern church? So if anyone can help me with this it would be highly apprecaited. Thank u.

#71 Breezy

Breezy

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 10:27 AM

I found this board from a myspace blog.... so I thought I'd share my story with the blog owner as well as here......

Okay.. so....my first visit to Dice Road was fairly normal. We just had a disposable camera and took pictures. The pictures we got back all looked kind of dark but we just attitributed that to possibly poor film.

The second time we went back with a digital camera. All was fine; for a good hour or so we walked around reading stones and taking pictures. A little later towards late afternoon/evening, my friend and I kept feeling drops on our arm in one part of the cemetary. Come to find out, it was raining underneath one of the trees. It was a sunny, cloudless day,and it was raining, only under that tree. We were kind of in awe at this, but decided we had spent enough time and that it was time to go home.

When we started walking back towards the car, we noticed that there were a ton of flies all over the outside of the car. My friend said something jokingly about it looking like a scene from the exorcist. Then it just got very quiet and very still. No breeze, no birds, nothing. My friend, who has some pychic ability, said that it was definately time to go and to get in the car, right now. So we got in the car and started driving away.

She was holding the camera in her lap on the way back to her house, and she said that the camera was getting really hot. She took the batteries out and they were so warm she could hardly hold onto them. That just doesn't happen with digital cameras....

Anyway, when we got back to her house, the camera was shot. It wouldn't work at all, even with new batteries. It had been perfectly functioning when we left. We put the memory card in a different camera to load onto the computer, and all our pictures were gone! The card was completely empty. I still have this card in my camera today and it works perfectly fine for all my other pictures.

So ya... not sure what happened that day, other than apparently someone wasn't happy about that exorcist comment. Something or somethings bizarre there and I don't think I'll be venturing back that way.

#72 scarsoftime014

scarsoftime014

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 11:09 PM

soo,
with my dad, step mom, step sis, and step cousin.

drove to the cemetery and sat in the turnaround for a couple mins,
then some truck came in saw us then immediatly turned around.
so we drove to the bridge next,
supposedly you hear stuff and see shadows over the water or something,
not BAD_WORD happend there.

then we went back to the cemetery went to the turn around and i got out,
just me so i know any noises i heard wasnt anything that was with us haha,
and i heard BAD_WORD moving and cracking in the woods so like a sissy i jumped back in my car and we pulled up to where both sides of the cemetery are.

i got out and a couple mins later everyone else did,
and when they got out, again i heard something in the woods.

then we were standing looking twords the larger part of the cemetery and one of the gravestones next to the big BAD_WORD tree lit up.

i shined a flashlight on it to see if it could reflect and it didnt,
so i tried my cell phone and again no reflection.

my dad got back in the car and we were standing outside and a couple mins later we hear LOUD cracking and rustling in the woods and again we jumped in the car,
the whole time i felt like something was watching me.

so as we were driving away there was a patch of fog and there was a deer in it, so after we drove for a couple mins we went back,
and again a patch of fog and a deer in it and it did the exact same thing it did before in the same spot.

and i looked stuff up and ive seen other stories about stuff in the woods and deer in fog.

idk,

oh yea also,

i got a call on my phone and when i went to look at it the screen was all miss shaped and dissoriented looking, idk if it was paranormal or not but it had never happend before.

Edited by Crone, 26 August 2008 - 05:34 AM.

#73 issyb

issyb

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 02:38 PM

who wants to go? i remember hearing lots of stories about it being haunted back in high school but never went to check it out. i moved away for 9 years and now that i'm back i wanna go check it out. let me know if you're interested in making a trip out there soon

#74 Sheryl

Sheryl

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 12:42 PM

In my younger days some friends and I would make a weekly trip to the Dice Rd. Cemetry and would stay there most of the night just talking about all the stories that we have heard..I don't know what happened today but I was just sitting at my computer and something inside me said to look up any information on the cemetry and that's when I came across this fourm..Anyway~Like I said, we would stay there most of the night talking about the stories we've heard about the place being haunted and I'll have to say that some of the things I experienced there were of the paranormal..I've seen lights, orbs, unexplained mist, dark shadows and I have also heard numberious noises from whispers, crackling twigs, and some not so friendly cries, but each time I heard something or my friends heard things we would want to stay longer to maybe find out what was making the noises and/or unexplained mist and lights and we never came up with any kind of explanation for anything and we never got that unwelcome feeling..I'm 38 now and had moved away for some years but now I'm back and I thought this place was long gone or forgotten and I'm glad to see that things still go bump in the night...My friends and I would also frequent the Lone Rd. Church which is no longer standing but we had ALOT of weird things happen to us there as well...

#75 inthenameofDT

inthenameofDT

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 12:25 AM

Hello all, doesn't seem like there's been much activity here lately, but i wanted to post this and maybe get some insight anyway.

I'm a freshmen at SVSU, and my buddy and i just got back from checking out "dice road"

here's exactly what i posted on another forum just minutes ago.

ok just got back. nothing really to report, but we stopped at the cemetery and it was absolutely freaky.

we also stopped on the only bridge on the road, which was supposedly where someone hung three girls from, and you're supposed to be able to hear their screams. we had the car off, lights off, and windows somewhat down. didn't hear any screams, but at 1230 AM, we heard a dog. that was somewhat odd.

also when we reached the end of the PAVED road, we did a uturn, and there was a HUGE cloud of dust and dirt...there was no wind, i was looking at driveways for any dirt that could have caused this, but only a small ridge on either side of the driveway that was about 4 inches wide or so. nowhere near enough to cause this - it was like incredible dense fog that lasted for about 30 feet...that was by far the most bizarre thing we encountered.

we're planning to go back tomorrow during the day and just observe, and look through the cemetery, and probably bring one or two other people with us.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users