Dice Road Cemetery, Saginaw, Michigan

• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

#1 nikkikat

nikkikat

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 04:22 PM

I've always wondered if anyone else has experienced anything at the Dice Road cemetery in Saginaw, Michigan. Growing up as a teenager, I had always heard stories, even in the Halloween issue of the newspaper it featured the cemetery in it and how the sheriff at the time could not explain the things he saw and heard. My curiosity finally got the best of me and I had to see for myself. Everytime I have visited the cemetery (never alone) something different has happened. If its not a car with no lights being right behind us and then gone, its whispers, vapors and other weird things have happened. Your never disappointed if your looking for a good scare. I was just wondering if anyone else has visited Dice Cemetery or the area itself is supposed to be haunted. It would be nice to know other people know what I'm talking about. Let me know if you know what I'm talking about.

#2 Vivienne_DuBois

Vivienne_DuBois

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 01:17 PM

Hi Nikkikat and welcome to GV :lol:

Well, I've never been to the cemetery you mentioned, but it does sound very intriguing. What are some of the stories or legends that you've heard about the cemetery? Do they mimic the experiences you've had there?

Viv

#3 nikkikat

nikkikat

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 01:24 PM

Thanx for replying to my post. Dice Road Cemetery has also intrigued me for a long time which is why I go out there and check it out at least once a year when its nice out. Some of the adults in town will tell you a tale or urban legend about it but I've never really met anyone interested in actually researching it with me. There used to be a church that burnt down too. I still haven't gone to our main library to check the history out, but whenever I inquire its very hush-hush, like nobody wants to talk about it. This is what it says about Dice Road Cemetery at "theshadowlands.net".

Saginaw - Dice Road Cemetery - A lady in white that was seen by a jogger one night around 7:00P floating through the cemetery.

Saginaw - Dice Road - One Lane Bridge - A warlock who is said to have hung three girls from the bridge after they stepped on his wife’s grave, which is in his front yard near the bridge. Late at night at the bridge you can hear male and female voices, the female voices are screams. Visions of objects moving and things such as ropes being tossed over the side rail, which is where the girls were actually hung. A white car is often said to be following people when they are driving down the road. Waves of smoke are also seen while driving away. There is also a graveyard down the street.

Let me know what you think.

Nikkat

I've always wondered if anyone else has experienced anything at the Dice Road cemetery in Saginaw, Michigan. Growing up as a teenager, I had always heard stories, even in the Halloween issue of the newspaper it featured the cemetery in it and how the sheriff at the time could not explain the things he saw and heard. My curiosity finally got the best of me and I had to see for myself. Everytime I have visited the cemetery (never alone) something different has happened. If its not a car with no lights being right behind us and then gone, its whispers, vapors and other weird things have happened. Your never disappointed if your looking for a good scare. I was just wondering if anyone else has visited Dice Cemetery or the area itself is supposed to be haunted. It would be nice to know other people know what I'm talking about. Let me know if you know what I'm talking about.

#4 Vivienne_DuBois

Vivienne_DuBois

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 06:37 AM

Interesting info., Nikki.

The Shadowlands isn't always the best place for info. You're doing well by asking people about it (even if they don't answer you - which only leads one to believe there really is something going on at the cemetery). The library will be a great place for you to check, as well or even a historical society in your area. Googling it up might yield some interesting info. for you, too.

Good luck and happy hunting. :ghost:

Viv

#5 bigb

bigb

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 05:58 PM

Iv been there

#6 RowanG

RowanG

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 05 November 2006 - 02:39 PM

The Shadowlands has established itself as a well-known and often quoted site for supernatural stories, just like Ghost Village. Everything online points back to their information, so you're better off going to your local library for information. Why do you need someone to do the research with you? Just do it on your own.

#7 wingit999

wingit999

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 02:31 PM

Nikkikat,

I lived on freeland rd and went to Hemlock School's, so I have visited it. The story about the car is false. The truth is, a girl and her two friends were murdered by a man who had recently lost his wife. These girls walked over the grave showing no respect. Out of rage , the teens were punished and hung by the bridge. The Warlock was caught , and burned.

Stay away from the bridge

#8 wyze1517

wyze1517

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 02:35 PM

wow...for a long time in my life ive been thinking of an event that happend to me at dice cemetary when i was around 13, im 28 now. so today i decided to google info on dice cemetary and this thread popped up....the story starts lik this.
my older cousin and a friend of his were tellin me stories about a place called dice cemetary and how it was haunted and stuff and how devil worshipers use to hold cerimonies there and sacrifice animals and burn pentagrams in the ground and how the keeper of the cemetary was called crazy larry and he lived down the street from it. so me, my cousin, his friend and their girlfriends decided to check it out that night. we drove from my cousins house on the eastside of saginaw all the way out there and pulled in to the cemetary. we got half way through and all of a sudden the car shut down. everything shut off, the headlights,everything, it was dark as hell and i was gettin scared cause my cousins friend coudnt get it started again. this car was a few years old and never did that before.it took about four more cranks to get it started and once it did we would drive a few feet and it would shut down again. it shut down three times before we got the hell out of there. we were all trippin and once we finally got out we drove down the street to find the house where crazy larry supposed to live. we came to an intersection where we seen a big old house and we figured thats where he lived. so my cousins friend started yellin BAD_WORD crazy larry and all types stuff as we turned left at the intersection. once we started driving down the street we could see about a mile down ahead a bunch of police lights shining so we made a u turn cause the driver didnt have a license. when we got back to the intersection all of a sudden a man came out of nowhere and started beating on the car. we were all screaming and i couldnt see anything on him except a dark image with shaggy hair sticking out everywhere. we got the hell out of there and as i looked back i saw he was gone. when we got home none of us could sleep that night. real talk man this is a true story and i think back on it now and then

#9 tennisballer07

tennisballer07

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 05:05 PM

I'm a senior at Hemlock High school, where the cemetery is located, and I've always heard of a bunch of weird things that have occured out there. For a project, my class will be researching all of the "urban legends" about that place.

Someone I know is buried out there, so I've been there several times. I've never heard or seen anything at all out of the ordinary, but a few of my friends have swear to have seen something.
I don't know the truth, but it sure is interesting.

#10 Eliz

Eliz

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 06:58 PM

I have a question. I want to go their and see what kind of stuff happens, but I have no clue where its at! So could you give me an address, please! Thanks!

#11 MizzBeck

MizzBeck

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 10:29 PM

I know this post isnt new but I had to comment. There is a Dice Road Cemetary, thats not the real name but its on Dice Road anywho...its in Hemlock which is Saginaw County. We went there on 8/3/07 with my friend who is a Medium, her friend who is a Medium, my mom, husband and myself who is a Medium in training LOL...anywho...we had our video camera and digital and got a few pics of some random orbs but what was odd....my husband and my friend Laura saw something in the woods...so they of course got nosy and inspected...my husband toook off running after it you could literally see something in front of him pushing branches aside and the ground being stepped on. I had the video camera on a head stone sitting still and as we were playing it back you can see my husband coming out of the woods but behind the camera you hear twigs breaking and something running softer and then louder as it ran by the camera...nothing was seen which leads me to believe it ran behind the camera...no one was near the camera at that time or running for that matter. We also have a quick glimpse you have to pause the camera to see it...but its a figure crouching behind a headstone, you can make out its a figure and its transparent but you can tell its a person. That place doesnt seem threatening, I dont feel threatened out there but definatly activity. Its a very emotional cemetary...the ratio of small children/babies etc is probably even with the amount of adults burried there.

#12 vamphunter1462

vamphunter1462

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 12:35 AM

I'm new here to this board, but I have been to Dice Road several times in the past two years. Almost each time has involved some sort of creepy phenomenon. The first time I was there was for a school project on parapsychology. My friend was filming and claimed to have seen bushes moving with no wind blowing them out of the corner of his eye. While leaving, there was a sudden patch of fog and as soon as we emerged from the fog there were deer crossing the road. That was in November of 2005. Several subsequent trips were less impressive. That is until this week. Me and my friends have been out there 3 times in the past week. The first time...which was either Sunday or Monday was uneventful and we ended up leaving. The second time, which was Wednesday ended up being more terrifying, as we had gotten out of the car in the cemetery and had stood outside for several minutes when i heard a howling sound in the distance. Everyone dismissed it as a domesticated dog. But then a few minutes later, there was a growl from the woods....it sounded larger than a dog. We all climbed back into the car and booked it. The last time we went, Friday...I just got back an hour and a half before this post...was by far the creepiest. We (the same four has the past 2 times) decided we wanted to see the supposed ghostly lady...but ended up not going out there until 8:30 or so. Once there, we got out on the bridge and looked around. We looked over the north side (if you are going towards Hemlock Road, it would be on your right) of the bridge and saw something very eerie. It looked like a small body covered in a muddy canvas or tarp. It may have been our eyes playing tricks on us, but we were very alarmed. I fired several airsoft rounds at it and they all ricocheted off...whether this means it was rocks or what, it was hard, and a very, very thin layer of mud covered it. We then heard a car coming, so we left to go to the cemetery. As we were cresting the small hill, we saw the car come up, its lights shining, but then it disappeared. Ten or so minutes later, a car pulled into the cemetery with its lights off. It turned out to be a group of three girls from Mt. Morris who came to check out Dice Road. We ended up banding together with them, 7 of us in all, as it was starting to get dark, and anyone who has been out there knows how dark it gets in the cemetery. Turns out they were the car we had seen, and the reason for the lights disappearing was that they had stopped at the bridge too. And they saw the same thing and thought it looked like a body as well. That just shocked us. And we were out until about 9:30 or so when all of a sudden we hear screams. They were very bloodcurdling screams of help, but they seemed to come from all directions. One one person claimed not have heard them. So, terrified, we got into our cars and drove to the bridge and got back out. They took pictures of the area and caught hundreds of orbs floating around, including one red one over the creek. As we were checking out the north side of the bridge we hear a raspy breathing coming from the darkness and fled back to our cars. After shining our headlights and flashlights in that area, we got back out. It was then that the temperature dropped dramatically and gunshots could be heard in the distance. At this point we decided we had had enough and went to the McDonalds in hemlock to discuss what had happened. Despite the happenings, we talked of going back Saturday night, if our friends want to. So, that is my story in a very large nutshell. There is something at Dice...I don't know what....its scary, but alluring.

#13 vamphunter1462

vamphunter1462

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 12:49 AM

I have a question. I want to go their and see what kind of stuff happens, but I have no clue where its at! So could you give me an address, please! Thanks!

Hey,
Ok....if you are coming from Saginaw/Shields...go down Gratiot towards Hemlock and then turn north on Hemlock Rd (That would be a right). You then go north past Until you pass Frost. Dice will be the next road. You turn right and then go down that for a ways. The cemetery will be on your left. It should be like the 2nd or 3rd "road" on your left. The bridge is another several hundred feet down the road going that same direction.

Edited by vamphunter1462, 11 August 2007 - 12:49 AM.

#14 MizzBeck

MizzBeck

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 10:08 AM

I just wanted to say, its interesting to see things, there is definatly activity out there. Just be careful, you dont want to provoke something. There is something negative out there just havent figured out why. Were getting there though.

#15 vamphunter1462

vamphunter1462

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 12:06 AM

I just wanted to say, its interesting to see things, there is definatly activity out there. Just be careful, you dont want to provoke something. There is something negative out there just havent figured out why. Were getting there though.

Ok, well just got back from another trip out. This time we had a different driver, my fiance. She says that as soon as she turned onto the road she felt her stomach drop and an overwhelming feeling that something didn't want us there. We pulled into the cemetery hoping to see the girls from last night, but saw no one. At this point she felt the feeling come on even stronger. We then drove to the bridge and got out. I then proceeded to say a pray invoking St. Michael to protect us. My fiance says that while I was doing this, she heard a low raspy breathing. We looked around and I took some pictures, only capturing one orb at this point. We then went and turned around so we were on the other side of the bridge and I proceeded to take more pictures, catching another orb. Then my fiance started to freak out because she saw a large black object in the center of the road about a hundred or so feet back moving towards us. All she can recall is that it was very large and human in shape. She drove off in a hurry, but we ended up turning around again, heading back towards the bridge and when we drove through, there was no sign of anything having been there. Everyone was on edge. As we were driving back towards Shields, the sky began to flash rapidly, probably from heat lightning, but nonetheless added to our edginess. Tonights actions help to reaffirm my belief that there is some sort of evil out there. Tonight was the first time I have used the Prayer of Saint Michael and with the appearance of that shadowy object and the raspy breathing nearby again....I am sure that evil lurks out on Dice Road.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users