Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

demons from the dark

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_firefightermay11_*

Guest_firefightermay11_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 April 2006 - 12:19 AM

I am a guest to this site but was very disturbed to hear about and read "Demons in the Dark" You see, I actually lived in the house in Southington described by the Snedeker woman. I moved in with my family in 1987. Some strange things did happen there but no wheres near the extreme that Carmen states. As far as "discovering" the house was a former mortuary, It was quite obviuse to me from the ramp leading to the basement. The two living rooms and the trap door to the basement ( which by the way was just big enough to raise and lower a coffin through). The tools that were "discovered" were in the embalming room. in the basement. How do I know this you ask. As morbid as this sounds... I left them in place. Including the stretcher the embalming was done on. I was 23 years old and thought it was cool. I lived there with my Mother, Step Father, two of my brothers and my sister. Don't get me wrong, the house was definately haunted. The night we were moving in a door flew open and hit my Stepfather in the butt. I don't think I had ever laughed so hard as when I saw the expression on his face. We often heard voices in the apartment upstairs. No one lived there but we had keys as My Stepfather was also hired to care for the place. I can remember one day the voices were so loud you could actually hear the conversation going on. We could also hear loud footsteps. There were stairs in our apartment that led to the upstairs apartment without going outside. When we went up to investigate ALL the sounds just stopped. we searched the aprtment and the attic. We found nothing. Maybe we moved in after Carmen moved out. It was afterall almost two decades ago that we moved in. But I think her story is exagerated quite a bit.

#2 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 03 April 2006 - 12:31 AM

I think that you should join up here at ghostvillage and pay us visits regularly! I have not read "demons in the dark" but it is surely the case that one person's take on a haunted house can be different from another's. Just look at the Amityville house for example. I hope that you will join up with us and stick around.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#3 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,384 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 03 April 2006 - 12:41 AM

That is a scary experience I would say. You are welcome to our community, register with us and jump in with more of your experiences!
Posted Image

#4 Guest_amndamay_*

Guest_amndamay_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 April 2006 - 01:29 PM

Firefightermay11 is my brother...I turned him on to this story when I discovered that they were making a movie about our old place. I would have to agree with him that there was nothing so extreme as Carmen Snedeker reports going on when we lived there. Im not sure what the dates were that she lived there, but I know from context clues that it was very very close to the same time. I was 17 when we moved to the house, and also thought that it was all pretty cool. My brother took that embalming room as his bedroom, and I slept down the hall in a room that we surmised must have been used for displaying caskets for sale. I have loads of pics from that house!! What I remember most clearly was the footsteps and voices from the upstairs apartments. There was nobody living there, but the stairs went up to it right from our living room. We went up there more times than I can count to investigate the sounds we heard, but as soon as we reached the top of the stairs, they stopped. I also remember that the front door was always locked, because the driveway went right around the house, so we would park in the back and use the back door. We never, EVER used the front, and therefor, never had cause to open or even unlock it. I can remember more than a few times, always during dinner, that door would come FLYING open!! It was always startling for the moment, but never turned downright scary. Also, kind of creepy was the fact that there were always crows pecking at the windows. They would just screech and peck until you finally had to go outside and actually shoo them away. And they were brave, sometimes refusing to leave, letting you walk right up and pick them up and throw them into the air before they would fly away. That was really creepy, but again, not scary by any means.
I do remember hearing about the history of the house from other poeple, after we moved in. I heard about a former tenant's neice supposedly having been tormented in her sleep by spirits. I heard that she had been institutionalized right before we moved in. I also heard about an exorcism that had supposedly shut down all electricity in town for a few minutes. Phones and lights all over town went dead, according to the story I heard from a personal friend who lived in town at the time. She says she was on the phone at the time and that everything went dead all over town.
The thing that strikes me the most about the Snedeker story is that the exorcism took place when I was 16. I moved in there at just barely 17 - I think it might have even been the month of my birthday. Carmen Snedeker is supposed to have lived there, happily, for at least two years after the exorcism. That makes no sense to me. How could she have lived there for two more years when we moved in no more than a year later?

#5 Guest_tam_*

Guest_tam_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 April 2006 - 06:24 AM

Firefightermay11 is my brother...I turned him on to this story when I discovered that they were making a movie about our old place. I would have to agree with him that there was nothing so extreme as Carmen Snedeker reports going on when we lived there. Im not sure what the dates were that she lived there, but I know from context clues that it was very very close to the same time. I was 17 when we moved to the house, and also thought that it was all pretty cool. My brother took that embalming room as his bedroom, and I slept down the hall in a room that we surmised must have been used for displaying caskets for sale. I have loads of pics from that house!! What I remember most clearly was the footsteps and voices from the upstairs apartments. There was nobody living there, but the stairs went up to it right from our living room. We went up there more times than I can count to investigate the sounds we heard, but as soon as we reached the top of the stairs, they stopped. I also remember that the front door was always locked, because the driveway went right around the house, so we would park in the back and use the back door. We never, EVER used the front, and therefor, never had cause to open or even unlock it. I can remember more than a few times, always during dinner, that door would come FLYING open!! It was always startling for the moment, but never turned downright scary. Also, kind of creepy was the fact that there were always crows pecking at the windows. They would just screech and peck until you finally had to go outside and actually shoo them away. And they were brave, sometimes refusing to leave, letting you walk right up and pick them up and throw them into the air before they would fly away. That was really creepy, but again, not scary by any means.
I do remember hearing about the history of the house from other poeple, after we moved in. I heard about a former tenant's neice supposedly having been tormented in her sleep by spirits. I heard that she had been institutionalized right before we moved in. I also heard about an exorcism that had supposedly shut down all electricity in town for a few minutes. Phones and lights all over town went dead, according to the story I heard from a personal friend who lived in town at the time. She says she was on the phone at the time and that everything went dead all over town.
The thing that strikes me the most about the Snedeker story is that the exorcism took place when I was 16. I moved in there at just barely 17 - I think it might have even been the month of my birthday. Carmen Snedeker is supposed to have lived there, happily, for at least two years after the exorcism. That makes no sense to me. How could she have lived there for two more years when we moved in no more than a year later?

#6 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,384 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 05 April 2006 - 06:36 AM

hello Tam, you haven't posted anything, but merely quoted the previos post. Feel free to vice your opinion, you can also consider registering with us.
Posted Image

#7 The Ghost Lady

The Ghost Lady

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 09 April 2006 - 04:15 PM

Interesting stuff from you two in the old Snedeker house. I've seen ads for one of them, I think Carmen, out doing the lecture circuit. So it seems she sensationalized the stories from the house? How about any of the Warrens accounts of what happened? Have you ever read their book about it "In a Dark Place" ?

Btw, I live right in Wallingford and my fiance's mother has a house in Southington just around the corner from your old house (Rustic Oak Rd) and we have a friend who's a Southington dectective - I always ask him if they ever get called out to the old Snedeker house for anything and he always says no. He did say that they tend to keep the lights on all night - actually I think last I heard no one was living there. I haven't been around there for a few months.

Too cool that you lived there - I'd have had fun with that. I grew up in a haunted house in New Haven. I always wonder if whom ever is living there sees the nun or any of the other people that were haunting the place when I grew up there.

Amndamay, in the pictures you said you have, did you ever capture any type of ghost in any of them?

Edited by The Ghost Lady, 09 April 2006 - 04:18 PM.

Posted Image

#8 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 April 2006 - 09:23 AM

[size=3]

Interesting stuff from you two in the old Snedeker house. I've seen ads for one of them, I think Carmen, out doing the lecture circuit. So it seems she sensationalized the stories from the house? How about any of the Warrens accounts of what happened? Have you ever read their book about it "In a Dark Place" ?

Btw, I live right in Wallingford and my fiance's mother has a house in Southington just around the corner from your old house (Rustic Oak Rd) and we have a friend who's a Southington dectective - I always ask him if they ever get called out to the old Snedeker house for anything and he always says no. He did say that they tend to keep the lights on all night - actually I think last I heard no one was living there. I haven't been around there for a few months.

Too cool that you lived there - I'd have had fun with that. I grew up in a haunted house in New Haven. I always wonder if whom ever is living there sees the nun or any of the other people that were haunting the place when I grew up there.

Amndamay, in the pictures you said you have, did you ever capture any type of ghost in any of them?

Sadly, there are no oddities in any of my pics. They are just the typical stuff of teenagers. I find it very sad that it is empty mow. It really is such a beautiful place... I would live in it again in a heartbeat!! We did have fun with it! We loved it! I always felt a little gypped when we had to move out. :o(
I wonder ...... hhhmmmmm........

#9 karma22

karma22

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 01:13 AM

i really don't know how to feel about posting this on the net because i know someone will read it and figure out who i am , but i am so tired of hearing about all this crap. i know the snedeker boy who was 'possessed' by a demon, and let me tell you, i don't know if i believe in all that , but if he ever really was , then he definitely still is. I'm pretty sure this particular family is just in it for the money.

Edited by karma22, 05 December 2007 - 01:14 AM.

#10 UnScene

UnScene

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 10:27 PM

I am a guest to this site but was very disturbed to hear about and read "Demons in the Dark" You see, I actually lived in the house in Southington described by the Snedeker woman. I moved in with my family in 1987. Some strange things did happen there but no wheres near the extreme that Carmen states. As far as "discovering" the house was a former mortuary, It was quite obviuse to me from the ramp leading to the basement. The two living rooms and the trap door to the basement ( which by the way was just big enough to raise and lower a coffin through). The tools that were "discovered" were in the embalming room. in the basement. How do I know this you ask. As morbid as this sounds... I left them in place. Including the stretcher the embalming was done on. I was 23 years old and thought it was cool. I lived there with my Mother, Step Father, two of my brothers and my sister. Don't get me wrong, the house was definately haunted. The night we were moving in a door flew open and hit my Stepfather in the butt. I don't think I had ever laughed so hard as when I saw the expression on his face. We often heard voices in the apartment upstairs. No one lived there but we had keys as My Stepfather was also hired to care for the place. I can remember one day the voices were so loud you could actually hear the conversation going on. We could also hear loud footsteps. There were stairs in our apartment that led to the upstairs apartment without going outside. When we went up to investigate ALL the sounds just stopped. we searched the aprtment and the attic. We found nothing. Maybe we moved in after Carmen moved out. It was afterall almost two decades ago that we moved in. But I think her story is exagerated quite a bit.

Dear Board:
I must be "out of the loop" but I would like some information exactly what this "read" is that your are referring to. I am not familar with the title, but it sounds like it should be checked out.
I can understand about the descrepency, I found myself in the same situation last week. I found my hometown listed on another site as one particular place that was haunted. I have checked every possible way to locate this place, even the name. Noone has ever heard of it. When I confronted the site, I was told "anyone can submitt their "experiences" and they have no way to validate the information."
What is that all about. How many people take this very serious? How many people use this information for important research, etc.etc.etc. Is there anyway for us to know what is legitimate, and what is not, other than reputation?
I would hope so.

#11 Kira

Kira

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • Interests:Intellectual discussions about anything as long everyone respects all opinions given.<br /><br />My dogs, cooking, studying (yes), painting and decorating, and learning something new almost every day that I visit Ghostvillage.

Posted 06 December 2007 - 12:06 AM

I think the problem here Unscene is that this thread was originally posted back in April 2006.............a really long time ago. I never heard of the book either to which the guests are referring. Also, if people don't register, it's kind of hard to take them seriously because we don't get the chance to know them. For all we know it was a couple of kids who found the site one night and decided to play around.

When I see posts that started more than 5 months ago, I usually ignore them unless they were started by someone on GV who's been a member for a long time. I have found the best way to always ensure viewing new posts only is by clicking on "view new posts" rather than "supernatural message boards." I only go on Supernatural message boards when I want to see who else is online and when I want to go in the chatroom.

Kira
The Power of 8 Make Your Wishes Come True!<-Click Here Now

#12 karma22

karma22

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 04:13 AM

I think the problem here Unscene is that this thread was originally posted back in April 2006.............a really long time ago. I never heard of the book either to which the guests are referring. Also, if people don't register, it's kind of hard to take them seriously because we don't get the chance to know them. For all we know it was a couple of kids who found the site one night and decided to play around.

When I see posts that started more than 5 months ago, I usually ignore them unless they were started by someone on GV who's been a member for a long time. I have found the best way to always ensure viewing new posts only is by clicking on "view new posts" rather than "supernatural message boards." I only go on Supernatural message boards when I want to see who else is online and when I want to go in the chatroom.

Kira

the name of the book is actually IN A DARK PLACE , by Ray Garton...

#13 Seeker

Seeker

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 06:57 PM

I saw a portion of the 1 hour dramatisation of this story (I think the history or discovery channel ran it?) and got bored. I have a hard time with slow talking dragging out of things. The parts I saw looked like boring fictional drama. The book reviews are 9-1 as it being terrifying, exciting book. The one mentions something about the Warrens reputation.

Edited by Amylew, 06 December 2007 - 06:58 PM.

There is nothing left to say.Me

#14 neb_enigma

neb_enigma

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 03:41 AM

i really don't know how to feel about posting this on the net because i know someone will read it and figure out who i am , but i am so tired of hearing about all this crap. i know the snedeker boy who was 'possessed' by a demon, and let me tell you, i don't know if i believe in all that , but if he ever really was , then he definitely still is. I'm pretty sure this particular family is just in it for the money.

You could be right. I was skimming through a book that was about hauntings and it mentioned the Snedekers and the section featured "Stephen's" real name. Well, I tried looking him up on the internet wondering if he's okay these days. I found him on MySpace. His profile paints the picture of someone very angry. Last time I checked he even had his mood selected as evil. I just don't understand how a man could feel this way if he overcame childhood cancer and POSSIBLY survived an attack from evil spirits. I'm not saying he is or was possessed but I can understand how you could think he's not that great of a guy.

#15 ikapie

ikapie

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 05:11 PM

I think that's amazing and so cool that you lived in the haunted house. I saw previews of the movie and. Right when I got home, I jumped online to find out the real story. I saw in the movie that the boy, which I'm guessing is the young man who had cancer, had scars or carvings of words or letters all over his body. If you claim that you lived there, I'm not doubting that you have, then why would she have left all the objects out there in the open, like the embalming instruments. And on her website, she claims to possess powers and that spirits have followed her since she was younge. After the exorcism she says that her son was cured of the :odgins, hodgins is very rare at an early age. I don't know, the story of her haunting is a little strange. And why wait so long. I think things are embellished. But nonetheless, firefighter, that was awesome sahring your story, I am waiting to find you pics on the site, seeing as how I'm new.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users