• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 spelling

spelling

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 09:23 PM

i have recently become aware that when i visit particularly high energy locations, i've been getting ready to faint. i'm not prone to this and haven't ever been before. i recently visited the jennie wade house in gettysburg, pa and had this happen twice in there and once in the farnsworth house. each time it happened i felt like i was going to just pass out. it was like i should have just closed my eyes and let it happen! i had to keep fighting it because i was with my 13yr old son and his friend. it wouldn't have been a good thing to have happen. i just wondered if anyone had any ideas on this? i have been working on developing my abilities as a sensitive, is it working? :weeee:

#2 Vivienne_DuBois

Vivienne_DuBois

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 10:34 PM

Hi Spelling,

I am a firm believer that we experience spirits in various physical ways. Whenever I would investigate a place, I knew where spirits were because my heart would start beating very rapidly and produce panic attack-like symtoms (faintness included). That is how my body responds to paranormal activity, typically.

So, you're quite normal as far as I'm concerned. And, yes, it does appear your development of your psychic abilities is working. Too, I believe that there are probably a lot of psychics/sensitives that have these same types of symptoms when encountering the paranormal. I know it gets to be a drag when we're investigating and have to deal with various physical symptoms. But, it seems to be our body's manner in which to inform us of what is around us.

I would say to try to relax and not fight your physical symptoms in this case because they are probably just your body's way of alerting you to paranormal activity. And, that is what you want to accomplish as a sensitive. If you feel faint (and, that has happened to me before, too), just sit down right where you are (whether on a chair or even the floor or grass) and take some deep calming breaths for a few minutes. You should feel better after a few minutes of sitting and breathing. If you don't and/or continue to feel worse, I would recommend leaving the area as that could be a sign your systems are "over-loaded" or that there are very negative entities around.

Good luck. :weeee:

Viv

#3 lulaboo

lulaboo

Beware of her lil' redneck girl rage

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,298 posts
  • Interests:too many to list

Posted 11 April 2006 - 01:10 AM

I am a firm believer that we experience spirits in various physical ways. Whenever I would investigate a place, I knew where spirits were because my heart would start beating very rapidly and produce panic attack-like symtoms (faintness included). That is how my body responds to paranormal activity, typically.

That's usually how I got when I visited a high energy place. Very exciteable but mostly without the fainting symptoms. (More happened on the occasions I got to visit my favorite cemetery. Ive seen, felt and experienced more there than anywhere else) Though on one occasion on an 'investigation' at a former friends place, I did almost faint when a spirit passed very close to my right.

On the occasions I'd visited my favorite cemetery I'd have to take a few minutes out to calm down some in order to enjoy myself. Sitting down and deep breathing does work to help you center yourself and it shouldn't take more than a few minutes, if it does then it's best to put some distance between yourself and the area for a little while, then possibly try a slower re-approach. Definitely sounds like your sensitivity development is working Spelling :ghost:
Is it Peeps season yet?Gallon of citronella oil--$5.95Having said oil blessed by local Catholic priest--FreeThe look on a psychic vampires face after you douse it with blessed oil and call it a psychic mosquito--Priceless!!!There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#4 spelling

spelling

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 05:39 AM

the weird part was is that i almost just wanted to faint.!!? i couldn't leave right a way anyhow because we were in the middle of the stories. it just this was really unusual.

#5 twinklestar

twinklestar

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Interests:holistic therapies, spooky stuff, reading, cinema

Posted 11 April 2006 - 09:26 AM

once when i was part of a group listening to some meduim channel some one important(forget who) i was sitting in a circle and this medium was directly infront of me across the way. well i have no idea of what she said or anyone else as i spent the whole two hours looking at the pattern in the carpet and trying not to faint or throw up.after this meduim did her channeling stuff i told her how i felt as she was every so apologetic she didnt realise her energy was affecting me that way. it wasnt very nice. now days though if i feel like that i am brave enough to say or interupt or even remove myself.

#6 GhostCat

GhostCat

Certified husband trainer....guaranteed he won't track dirt

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts
  • Interests:Travelling New England by land and sea, local history, houses - as I am a real estate appraiser, I teach Special Education too, love all the kids I work with... they teach me too, lol, and add lots of smiles to my day....my cats, my goffin cockatoo parrot that is loud, smart and talkative, walking, bicycling, skiing, ice hockey, watching the Patriots, the Bruins and the Red Sox (Woo Hoo.. Fenway Painters..My sister and brother in laws business that paint the Park and my nephew that paints the famous "green monster") lighthouses, antiques, gardening, trying new restaurants, classic movies (love Cary Grant and Alfred Hitchcock), big band music, laughing and being around others that like to laugh, ghost stories - I love to hear other peoples experiences as I have so many to tell myself.

Posted 11 April 2006 - 06:58 PM

I had that "almost ready to faint" feeling twice. The latest was in the Lizzie Borden House on a tour. I had been feeling a strong energy presence since I entered the house, then about 10 min into the tour, it felt like all the blood rushed to my head (go figure in that house and a strange rush to my head,lol) , I thought for sure I was going to pass out. I held out, and luckily did not pass out, but I kept trying to visualize myself making it to the door and to just get out when this feeling hit me. It felt like pressure inside me and then it "zoomed" to my head in a big rush.

If you are feeling that feeling too, your abilities are working.

Edited by GhostCat, 11 April 2006 - 07:02 PM.

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."-- Robert A. Heinlein

#7 spelling

spelling

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 11:59 PM

i'm glad to hear that it was what i thought. i just wish i could control it a bit better. thanks for the feedback!

#8 Yosei

Yosei

Thinks bats and skeletons are.....CUTE?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 12:04 PM

the weird part was is that i almost just wanted to faint.!!? i couldn't leave right a way anyhow because we were in the middle of the stories. it just this was really unusual.

Do you think it could have been that you might have been on the verge of a kind of trance state, like a medium would go into? Just a thought, based on the idea of "wanting to". Of course maybe you just meant it was too hard to keep alert and I'm just misinterpreting or projecting a bit...
"I could die a thousand times, but I'll always be here..."---Rozz Williams"It's not the sound of a new generation, it is the noise of a degenerate nation...the Nightmare of the American Dream..."---DomianaNeed gifts for goths? Handmade jewelry, clothing, porcelain & more! http://www.accentuateyourlook.com

#9 spelling

spelling

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 05:10 PM

i really don't know what feelings that a medium might feel exactly.?! i have been trying to work on being more tuned in to things and would be very happy to know if it was actually working for me! but on the other hand if i don't know how to turn it off as well as develope it further.....? then what?!

Edited by spelling, 14 April 2006 - 05:12 PM.

#10 GhostCat

GhostCat

Certified husband trainer....guaranteed he won't track dirt

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts
  • Interests:Travelling New England by land and sea, local history, houses - as I am a real estate appraiser, I teach Special Education too, love all the kids I work with... they teach me too, lol, and add lots of smiles to my day....my cats, my goffin cockatoo parrot that is loud, smart and talkative, walking, bicycling, skiing, ice hockey, watching the Patriots, the Bruins and the Red Sox (Woo Hoo.. Fenway Painters..My sister and brother in laws business that paint the Park and my nephew that paints the famous "green monster") lighthouses, antiques, gardening, trying new restaurants, classic movies (love Cary Grant and Alfred Hitchcock), big band music, laughing and being around others that like to laugh, ghost stories - I love to hear other peoples experiences as I have so many to tell myself.

Posted 14 April 2006 - 07:02 PM

I'm not sure how a medium feels going into a trance state. The two times it happened to me, it was just a "I feel like I am going to pass out" thing. There were no feelings like a trance or feeling anything from it. It was something very physical that was caused by something paranormal, that is what I felt. It was as if the energy from the room entered my body and felt like my blood pressure rose (even though I was not nervous or scared) and the pressure just "zoomed" to my head and that is when I felt like I was going to pass out.
Both times I stuck it out, it was if I just strong and overcame it. What a horrible feeling, especially when you are around a room full of people.

Edited by GhostCat, 14 April 2006 - 07:02 PM.

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."-- Robert A. Heinlein

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users