Columbine

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 GiaCat21

GiaCat21

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Interests:I love to sleep!!! I also enjoy reading, some of my favorite authors would be Stephen King, Anne Rice, and Edgar Allen Poe. My favorite tv shows are Ghost Hunters, America's Most Haunted, I Shouldn't be Alive, anything on the Discovery Health Channel, Myth Busters, Desperate Houswives, Grey's Anatomy, House, American Idol, Trading Spouses, The Simpsons, Family Guy, King of the Hill. But I obviously don't watch any tv. I also enjoy making new, pretty medic alert braclets, and earrings.

Posted 15 April 2006 - 08:13 AM

I just wanted to take a moment to remember everyone who lost their lives in Columbine...
I am having such a hard time believing that it has already been seven years. My elementry school was down the street... I can remember that day sooooo vividly! I was in fourth grade and we were at lunch when it happened, the prinipal came in and told us that there would be no recess but he didn't tell us why. We all thought that there was like a convicted felon on the loose in the area. Turned out that they didn't want us outside due to the fact that they were afraid of a possible shootout between the police and Dylan and Eric (geez can you believe that I remember those names!)... At the time they didn't know that they had commited suicide. They placed the school under lockdown and told us what had happened. We all cried because almost everyone knew someone who went there, but I cried for a different reason... What can cause so much anguish that you must go off and masacare your fellow classmates, and teachers? We were sent home early, and my mom took me to the store... Everyone there was talking about what had just happened. At the time my mom was actually getting her hair done, and she saw it on tv. We went home, and I went to my room and cried. When my dad came home we finally had a talk about how people can simply murder another person. A couple of years later after 9/11 I was really upset (as was everyone else) and my dad and I had another one of THOSE talks. My mom and dad actually think that I am an old soul (my old piano teacher told my mom that was there to teach them) as I am so sensitive to other people, always have been.
Please take a minute to remmeber these lives that were cut so short in such a violent matter. Also please pray for the souls of Eric and Dylan Kleebald, I believe that maybe if they had gotten the proper help for their depression that this whole situation could've been avoided.
Alexa
Love life.

#2 ...:~Never_Forgotten~:...

...:~Never_Forgotten~:...

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 04:15 PM

I don't mean to bump an EXTREMELY old thread, but I just HAD to comment on your amazing heartfelt post.

And with yesterday being the 10th Anniversary of this horrific occurrence, let's hope that the future holds a much better fate for any other individuals who ever find themselves caught up in this type of situation.

Edited by ...:~Never_Forgotten~:..., 21 April 2009 - 04:15 PM.

Posted Image

The Billion Dollar Princess.

#3 GhostCat

GhostCat

Certified husband trainer....guaranteed he won't track dirt

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts
  • Interests:Travelling New England by land and sea, local history, houses - as I am a real estate appraiser, I teach Special Education too, love all the kids I work with... they teach me too, lol, and add lots of smiles to my day....my cats, my goffin cockatoo parrot that is loud, smart and talkative, walking, bicycling, skiing, ice hockey, watching the Patriots, the Bruins and the Red Sox (Woo Hoo.. Fenway Painters..My sister and brother in laws business that paint the Park and my nephew that paints the famous "green monster") lighthouses, antiques, gardening, trying new restaurants, classic movies (love Cary Grant and Alfred Hitchcock), big band music, laughing and being around others that like to laugh, ghost stories - I love to hear other peoples experiences as I have so many to tell myself.

Posted 23 April 2009 - 07:23 PM

I don't think anyone will ever forget. Because of Columbine, it has made everyone aware of what can happen. I teach at a middle school, and once a month we have "lockdown" drills. It is very serious, and I think of Columbine each time it happens... we never know if it is a drill or not, so it is a very tense time. The kids are nervous too... they see/know what is going on in the world. After each drill, they aren't the same, they are quieter and a sense of nervous relief about them...
"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."-- Robert A. Heinlein

#4 GiaCat21

GiaCat21

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Interests:I love to sleep!!! I also enjoy reading, some of my favorite authors would be Stephen King, Anne Rice, and Edgar Allen Poe. My favorite tv shows are Ghost Hunters, America's Most Haunted, I Shouldn't be Alive, anything on the Discovery Health Channel, Myth Busters, Desperate Houswives, Grey's Anatomy, House, American Idol, Trading Spouses, The Simpsons, Family Guy, King of the Hill. But I obviously don't watch any tv. I also enjoy making new, pretty medic alert braclets, and earrings.

Posted 24 April 2009 - 03:45 PM

I still live fairly close to Columbine (about 20 mins)... I also live about 30 mins from Platte Canyon (where Emily Keyes was killed in a hostage situation). It saddens me to live near so much violence. Anyways this post is about Columbine... I remember driving past there for several months after the massacre... The windows in the Library and Cafeteria were covered with wood... It's still an eerie place. The school has retained that energy. Every time we drive past there a shiver goes down my spine. Last year CSHS *finally got their memorial that they had been working so hard to raise money for. I watched the special ceremony on TV and tears of both joy and sadness rolled down my face as the names were read... I still cry every anniversary for those young lives that were lost... They should be graduated from college now and beginning to start families of their own...
I have to stop now as it's getting to me... This wasn't something that I just watched on TV. At my grade school we were locked down and could hear the cop cars whizzing by. I know people who were in the cafeteria and library as the shooting took place. Some ran for their life, some played dead (probably what I'd do). For me Columbine isn't just another school shooting, it's very real to me.
Lex
Love life.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users