Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Photo

West Virginia Mental Asylum; Weston, WV (closed down)

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#31 ralphieboy57

ralphieboy57

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:The Paranormal, writing poetry and music, playing guitar and bass, fast cars, and most sports.

Posted 08 January 2009 - 11:53 AM

What a beautiful building. To bad it's going to be torn down. I look at the pictures and I feel a sadness. Maybe an Investigative Paranormal Group can do an investigation on this site before it's leveled.
The night is ours forever.

#32 BethInSC

BethInSC

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 06:52 PM

It has it's own certain charm and at the same time looks as tho it holds a terrible secret. One of pain and suffering. It's a shame they want to tear it down and not make it historical. When a building is haunted it tends to upset the spirits when someone does something to the building. Just building onto or remodeling it can upset the spirits, I'd be weary. It's sad how in those days people with mental illnesses was treated. They didn't know how to treat the illness or really know what it was, they simply did what they thought was best. It's no wonder that they are SO many haunted mental hospitals. I was born and raised in south carolina, but my husband was born and raised in Kentucky. He lived next to the famous Waverly hills Sanitaruim. I think it's sad they want to tear these places down. :wave:
Don't Judge what you don't understand.....Beth

#33 saucyboss

saucyboss

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 08:26 PM

i was at this place today, they are not leveling the building and are doing what they can to restore it. The travel channel has been there recently and will be doing a live 7 hour investigation on the building on oct. 30. check it out the place is pretty awesome

#34 PHANTOM MONK

PHANTOM MONK

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Interests:Trying not to step on the land mines that others have planted in front of me. No sense saying more, as this will be removed anyway.

Posted 31 July 2009 - 07:52 AM

i was at this place today, they are not leveling the building and are doing what they can to restore it. The travel channel has been there recently and will be doing a live 7 hour investigation on the building on oct. 30. check it out the place is pretty awesome

Never been there but sounds so interesting that it might be worth a drive from North Carolina. :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users