Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Photo

Do all of us have spirits around us at some point?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 wyldefyre67

wyldefyre67

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 April 2006 - 03:16 PM

:) Ok so im new to this but can't help being somewhat intrigued about discussing this subject with someone who no doubt knows more than I.

I live in my grandparents house, they are both alive and living in a nursing home not far from me. As far as I know this house isn't very old. Two weeks ago I watched the movie Exorcism of Emily Rose, since then above my room in the attic there have been so much racket up there I now sleep with my scapula around my neck and holy water by my bed. I am nervous and live alone with my son who is 19 months. For some reason I thought if I told whatever it is to stop because I was scared it may help........well there haven't been any noises coming from the attic since I put in my request. Any feedback and telling me im not out of my mind would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
[font=Comic Sans Ms] [font=Comic Sans Ms] wyldefyre67

#2 autumnbelle

autumnbelle

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts
  • Interests:Am curious about almost anything . . .

Posted 21 April 2006 - 03:42 PM

Welcome to Ghostvillage! It is a very good resource for all things ghostly and otherwise!

Unfortunately, I can't answer your question for certain based on expert testimony. Someone will come along with better information than I. But in the mean time, you are doing the good things - holy items are a good line of defense and talking about what happens to you is another method of defense. Isolation or silence because 'someone might think I'm crazy' are two methods used against us all the time.

Besides keeping up those two, please just make sure to keep notes of anything that happens. Hopefully nothing else ever will - hopefully you and your little one have heard the last of the activity upstairs (and hopefully it was just a fiesty racoon or something like that). The fact it has stopped around when you asked it to is probably the best news of all! Whatever it was, please keep posting and asking and learning!

Eat, drink and be scary. ~Author Unknown

#3 Vivienne_DuBois

Vivienne_DuBois

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 21 April 2006 - 05:09 PM

Hi Wyldefyre67 and welcome to GV. :weeee:

Spirits can pop up from time to time. I've never heard of one being induced to haunt a home due to watching a movie, but, perhaps it can happen. It could have been an animal as suggested as a possibility by Autumnbelle. But, I'll treat yours as a paranormal encounter in my answer to you, here.

First of all: you're not out of your mind. In fact, for someone somewhat new to the ways of the paranormal, you seem to have great common sense concerning it.

When I was followed home by an evil entity after an investigation, I went through about a month of very frightening paranormal encounters like you had. To try to get rid of the entity (or, to at least make myself feel better), I put up my rosary beads all around my apartment and said prayers for protection. Well, that did help me feel safer because I knew God was hearing me and watching out for me. But, it still didn't stop the haunting from going on (although, it seemed to get better with God's help).

One day, I got so fed up with the entity, though, that I stood up in my living room and said out loud to the entity that: it was dead; that it was NOT allowed in my apartment or around me and my fiance; and that it must go to the light. Bingo. No more entity. It took me telling it out loud and in a very firm manner that it must leave for it to actually go.

You did the right thing by telling it to go and keeping your religious items near you. And, it certainly seems to have helped you like it helped me.

And, yes, GV is a great resource. Any questions you have or help you need, you can certainly find it here.

:)

Viv

Edited by Vivienne_DuBois, 21 April 2006 - 05:09 PM.

#4 wyldefyre67

wyldefyre67

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 April 2006 - 05:21 PM

Hi Wyldefyre67 and welcome to GV. :weeee:

Spirits can pop up from time to time. I've never heard of one being induced to haunt a home due to watching a movie, but, perhaps it can happen. It could have been an animal as suggested as a possibility by Autumnbelle. But, I'll treat yours as a paranormal encounter in my answer to you, here.

First of all: you're not out of your mind. In fact, for someone somewhat new to the ways of the paranormal, you seem to have great common sense concerning it.

When I was followed home by an evil entity after an investigation, I went through about a month of very frightening paranormal encounters like you had. To try to get rid of the entity (or, to at least make myself feel better), I put up my rosary beads all around my apartment and said prayers for protection. Well, that did help me feel safer because I knew God was hearing me and watching out for me. But, it still didn't stop the haunting from going on (although, it seemed to get better with God's help).

One day, I got so fed up with the entity, though, that I stood up in my living room and said out loud to the entity that: it was dead; that it was NOT allowed in my apartment or around me and my fiance; and that it must go to the light. Bingo. No more entity. It took me telling it out loud and in a very firm manner that it must leave for it to actually go.

You did the right thing by telling it to go and keeping your religious items near you. And, it certainly seems to have helped you like it helped me.

And, yes, GV is a great resource. Any questions you have or help you need, you can certainly find it here.

:)

Viv

Thank you both for your input but just an add on to the story.....I had heard noises once before and had my uncle come look up in the attic for me because.......I am petrified of what I don't know. He looked and also looked around the house and in the garage and told me nothing could get in up there because there was no entry except through inside the house. He also said my two cats would keep mice and the such at bay. I was told how frightening the movie was and I know it wasn't my imagination that during and after watching the movie I heard noises and not only that would continue to wake up at 3am every night until I asked it to please go........AND Hail Mary full of grace,,,,,,,,is there also a certain protection prayer someone could let me in on???? Thank you!

#5 autumnbelle

autumnbelle

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts
  • Interests:Am curious about almost anything . . .

Posted 21 April 2006 - 06:32 PM

Reading a book right now (nonfiction) and the man who wrote it keeps talking about the Pope Leo XIII prayer . . . but it's more for exorcism. If you'd like to see it, I found it here: http://www.catholict...els/michael.htm

Here is a site that has protection prayers of various religions/faiths: http://www.beliefnet...lst.asp?paid=62

My Roman Catholic people (grandmother, et. al.) used the basic Rosary and the Lord's Prayer.

Eat, drink and be scary. ~Author Unknown

#6 wyldefyre67

wyldefyre67

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 April 2006 - 07:03 PM

Reading a book right now (nonfiction) and the man who wrote it keeps talking about the Pope Leo XIII prayer . . . but it's more for exorcism. If you'd like to see it, I found it here: http://www.catholict...els/michael.htm

Here is a site that has protection prayers of various religions/faiths: http://www.beliefnet...lst.asp?paid=62

My Roman Catholic people (grandmother, et. al.) used the basic Rosary and the Lord's Prayer.

May I just mention that as the sun set and the subject is in my mind again about the noises they are again becoming more pronounced up above......I to am Roman Catholic and believe the Rosary will come in handy tonight!!!

#7 Anomaly

Anomaly

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Interests:The Occult, Paranormal investigation/research/studies, mediumship, free-lance photography, writing (short stories, poetry), hiking, horticulture, music, baseball, tennis, animal welfare, counceling....to name a few of the more important. *wink*

Posted 21 April 2006 - 09:40 PM

I believe in spirit guides (also known as "guardian angels"). I believe that spirits are always around, you just don't see them all the time. Some people are more sensitive to their presense, this is true.

It's comforting in a way, but to some people it can be quite terrifying when they do actually sense or see something that can't be explained.
Posted ImageThere was something awesome in the thought of the solitary mortal standing by the open window and summoning in from the gloom outside the spirits of the nether world.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users