• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jace

jace

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 04:07 AM

Hi all. As I am from Australia and a beginner at ghost hunting. I would like to know what you guys think. I am after a book on how or where to find spirits also equipment I might need. Now the other problem I have is that any books related to ghost finding or ghost kits are hard to find in Australia. So if anyone can give me any leads on books and kits I would be very thankful , especially if I can get hold of it in Australia. If not where can I buy them safely from the U.S.

#2 twinklestar

twinklestar

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Interests:holistic therapies, spooky stuff, reading, cinema

Posted 23 April 2006 - 07:20 AM

hi jace, spirits are everywhere , there isnt any place in particular they prefer.. you dont have to go to supposed haunted houses or grave yards. they can be in the local shop that was built a few weeks ago, so it doesnt have to be an old place either. as to books have you tried the internet, as i hate the internet i cant give you any sites for books, but im sure if you type in something like spooky books you would end up with something.
i know a good site that is in england that does hunting, they might be able to advise on books when you join them for free. its www.tmgrs.co.uk its based in the city of coventry, nice people, very helpfull too.
also a site called www.assap.co.uk does research in that sort of thing and training sessions, not that that would help you being miles away.
good hunting :whee:

#3 spelling

spelling

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 07:32 AM

i would check out the major book sites like borders.com and amazon.com. i know those two have alot of informational books. i'm not sure what you're looking for? as far as equipement, what i carry is the following: non-contact thermo gun(radio shack), sony cybercam(anywhere, small dowsing rods, notebook, cellsensor emf detector(radio shack), compass, micromini cassette recorder and digital( radio shack), 35mmcamera, seasalt, and i think that's about it at this time. i don't always use it all but i have it with me. all of these things are moderately priced for the most part. you may need to buy some of it on line , i am not aware of the availability in your area. i hope this helps a little! :whee:

#4 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,386 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 24 April 2006 - 09:15 AM

hi, and welcome!
Posted Image

#5 jace

jace

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 11:08 AM

Thankyou peoples I will let u know what I find as in the way of equipment. Also I can't seem to upload any pics. I tried goin 2 that website but nothin happens. I'm obviously doin something wrong so if you can help me out it would be much appreciated.

#6 iaintafraid

iaintafraid

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Interests:i work for a marketing company in the DC area. i am addicted to reality tv. i am a swimmer and sometimes a triathlete depending on how dedicated i am. i love to travel and love the beach.

Posted 12 May 2006 - 02:48 PM

Welcome! Where in Australia do you live? I love your country - so beautiful! Are you getting any sort of error message when you try to upload pictures? Are you using jpegs??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users