• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,361 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 27 April 2006 - 04:55 PM

Perhaps the most bizarre influence that Teed's ideas had was in Nazi Germany. Some of Teed's publications fell into the hands of Peter Bender a German aviator who had boen'badly wounded. Bender was inverted, and though he was to die in a Nazi concentration camp, the hollow earth ideas that he proclaimed sparked interest in the anti-intellectual climate of Nazi Germany.

In April 1942, the Nazis sent an expedition under Dr. Heinz Fischer, an expert on infrared rays, to the island of Ruegen in the Baltic. One of the purposes of the expedition was to get a picture of the British fleet by turning their cameras upward and shooting across the center of the hollow earth! Astronomer Gerald S. Kuiper observed. "High officials in the German Admiralty and Air Force thought this would be useful for locating the whereabouts of the British fleet because the concave curvature of the earth would facilitate long-distance observation by means of infrared rays which are less curved than visible rays."

Read More --> Hollow Earth

Hole in North Pole! hahahahahaha
Posted Image

#2 johnspurling

johnspurling

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 12:00 AM

Although of course the "Hollow Earth" theory is ridiculous, there's something strangely charming about the concept ... in the way Greek Myths are charming.
- John Spurling -

#3 snakebiteoftexas

snakebiteoftexas

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts
  • Interests:searching for haunted places as i drive cross country in my 18 wheeler with my lovely wife and meeting people to go ghost hunting with and playing fantasy sports

Posted 11 July 2006 - 12:38 AM

no way the eartg is hollow but it makes good book and movies tho
Posted ImageWWW.SOUTHERNSPIRITSEEKERSOCIETY.COM

#4 Axman

Axman

Chainsaws are better......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 11 July 2006 - 12:53 AM

It's not hollow but it is flat! :D
Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#5 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,361 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 11 July 2006 - 08:42 AM

It's not hollow but it is flat! :(

You haven't seen this thread Axman, have you? -->Flat Earth Society

But Hollow Earth theory holds lot of potential, especially since the north/south polar holes are said to be existing.
Posted Image

#6 snakebiteoftexas

snakebiteoftexas

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts
  • Interests:searching for haunted places as i drive cross country in my 18 wheeler with my lovely wife and meeting people to go ghost hunting with and playing fantasy sports

Posted 11 July 2006 - 11:07 PM

flat????? i guess that why i fell off lol :clap:
Posted ImageWWW.SOUTHERNSPIRITSEEKERSOCIETY.COM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users