Can 'ghosts' follow you home?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 MaryCeleste

MaryCeleste

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Interests:Martial arts,Cryptozoology,TheParanormal,Singing,<br />Animal Rights,Art,Weightlifting,History,Magic/Illusionsists,Buddhism

Posted 03 May 2006 - 09:02 AM

Lets assume that we're talking about an intelligent spirit that is aware of it's surroudings...

Has anyone ever heard of this or experienced it?

My ex girlfriend and I visited an old house my uncle owns...my father and him grew up in it as children.
It has been abandoned for at least 40yrs.
We had no intentions of looking for ghosts or having experiences...we were just having fun and i've always been fascinated with old buildings.

While we were there it was fun..interesting..a bit thrilling..but nothing strange or out of the ordinary.
Until we got home...

I was laying on the couch getting ready to go to sleep and she went to use the bathroom.
Shortly after she leaves I hear her scream.
So i jump to my feet and run in to see whats up.

She tells me that out of the corner of her eye she'd seen a shadowy figure run into my closet.
So I go over and put my hand/upper body in the closet..and tell her ..'nothings in here' (of course i thought she was telling stories,the girls loved drama)
Much to my surprise the inside of the closet feels very very cold.
Quite unusual for late July weather.
Now as I'm telling her this i turn my head to look at her telling her what i feel.
When all of a sudden the end of her nightgown lifts up...not as if a breeze is blowing it...but as if it were being pulled out and up.The window was open...but was far away and it was not windy or breezy at all that night.Quite warm and calm.
It goes out and up like five or six inches..then very slowly gets let back down.
Then she stares at me...sorta freaked out.
Thats when i shut out the lights and decided to go to bed.
And thats the moment i wanted to start looking into this stuff.
Nothing again ever happened in my house like that.
Perhaps these were all explainable things,or perhaps not.
A wave doesnt have to die to become water,it's already water

#2 DarkPrincess

DarkPrincess

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Interests:Actually...A little bit of everything...I really love posting on GV and I enjoy the chat a lot also. Everyone has been just great! <br />If you have Yahoo or MSN ask me for ID :) feel free to PM me too.

Posted 03 May 2006 - 11:09 AM

I definetely believe they can. We've always had odd things happening in our house but since we went on a vacation this is what's been happening....(Thread Link) http://www.ghostvill...showtopic=13815
Posted Image

#3 snappygator

snappygator

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 12:38 PM

Other's may have a different take, but yes they definitely can follow you, at least in my experience. I'm not an expert but person opinion/experience says yes.

Andrea

#4 DukeofBoogie

DukeofBoogie

Did the Time Warp at his wedding!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,274 posts
  • Interests:The Paranormal, Rock music, Movies, History (Especially the American Civil War), and spending time with my wife and daughter.

Posted 03 May 2006 - 01:30 PM

It's happened to me more than once.
http://www.facebook....59567008?v=wallhttp://www.cdbaby.co...eblackriverboyshttp://www.zoarcivilwar.com/In great deeds something abides. On great fields something stays.....Spirits linger, to consecrate ground for the vision place of souls. And reverent men and women from afar, and generations that know us not and that we know not of, heart-drawn to where and by whom great things were suffered and done for them, shall come to this deathless field, to ponder and dream; and lo! The shadow of a mighty presence shall wrap them in its bosom, and the power of the vision pass into thier soles.-Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

I've been hit byPosted Image mrsspookypants

#5 dan_nwmps

dan_nwmps

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 04:10 PM

It has happened to me once .. the activity stopped after about 2 weeks
"Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open."Lord Thomas DewarPosted Image

#6 Vivienne_DuBois

Vivienne_DuBois

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 07:29 AM

Yes, it happened to me once, too. Something very negative followed Jack and I home from a tuberculosis sanitarium, once. I told it to leave after dealing with it for a while and it left.

Viv

#7 DukeofBoogie

DukeofBoogie

Did the Time Warp at his wedding!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,274 posts
  • Interests:The Paranormal, Rock music, Movies, History (Especially the American Civil War), and spending time with my wife and daughter.

Posted 04 May 2006 - 08:15 AM

Most notible for me was when 3 followed us home from Gettysburg. One particularly got my attention. I kept seeing a figure on the porch, moving back and forth as if on guard duty. After a couple weeks it stopped. I was reesting on the couch on day after work and I heard a voice in my ear. After that I never saw the "Guard" again. It's like he was saying goodbye.
http://www.facebook....59567008?v=wallhttp://www.cdbaby.co...eblackriverboyshttp://www.zoarcivilwar.com/In great deeds something abides. On great fields something stays.....Spirits linger, to consecrate ground for the vision place of souls. And reverent men and women from afar, and generations that know us not and that we know not of, heart-drawn to where and by whom great things were suffered and done for them, shall come to this deathless field, to ponder and dream; and lo! The shadow of a mighty presence shall wrap them in its bosom, and the power of the vision pass into thier soles.-Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

I've been hit byPosted Image mrsspookypants

#8 nohara_megami

nohara_megami

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • Interests:darn, so many:<br>reading books by:<br> 1. Marrion Zimmer Badley<br> 2. Terry Brooks<br> 3. Amy Tan<br> 4. Susan Cooper<br> 5. Anne Rice<br> 6. and an infinate amount of others, i read everything and anything<br><br>anime:<br> 1. Escaflowne<br> 2. Fushigi Yugi<br> 3. Miyaziaki movies<br> 4. and once again, anything and everything<br><br>crafts:<br> 1. needlepoint<br> 2. scrapbooking<br> 3. and whatever else i do not blow up in the process^_^<br><br>also:<br>videogames, playing on the comp, researching the paranormal, listening and playing music, and anything else that comes to mind:)

Posted 04 May 2006 - 05:12 PM

There is a particular ghost that follows me from my house to anywhere that I spend the night, like a friend's house and when I was a counselor at a camp. I am not sure he actually came originally from my house, but he pretty much goes everywhere I do.

I have also visited places and have had ghosts follow me home, but the activity is only a few days long.
Hellsing: In the name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished into eternal damnation. Amen.I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!Rome did not create an empire by having meetings. They did it by killing those who opposed them.Witches... Not just for burning.

#9 seakla

seakla

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts
  • Interests:My biggest interests are reading and writing. I also love to research my genealogy and love to research other little historical people or events that catch my attention. I am really getting into homespun crafts and have recently learned howe to weave a basket, make my own paper and am currently learning to carve wood. <br /><br />I am married (10 years in 2006) and have two daughters who will be 10 and 8 in 2006. We all enjoy hanging around outside in our own yard, but also are fond of grabbing a South Carolina map, looking at it and saying &quot;this looks like a cool place&quot; and we will take off and drive there. <br /><br />I also enjoy meeting other people and learning about other places and cultures and have a few penpals that I am trying to be better at writing to regularly.

Posted 04 May 2006 - 07:12 PM

I believe so too, if the spirit felt a connection to you (and since it was a family home, then that is very possible) or if maybe you have a high energy level that attracts the ghost.

One thing to try and pay attention to is if the entity around you now feels bad or good. I had an entity in my room that felt like it hated me but no one else in the house. I had had a dream where ghosts were wandering the house. My friend thinks that I accidentally summoned the spirit and trapped it and that is why it hated me. So every night I would chant "you are free to go, you do not belong here" and eventually the spirit was gone.

If it is bothering you, you might want to try that to detach it from you.
Believe and you will be rewarded~Check out my newest release: Magick for the Kitchen WitchVisit my site http://seakla.tripod.com for an autographed copy or purchase it at any online bookstore [

#10 lulaboo

lulaboo

Beware of her lil' redneck girl rage

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,298 posts
  • Interests:too many to list

Posted 06 May 2006 - 10:22 AM

Ghosts can and will follow people back to their homes. In most cases I think it's the matter of the ghost being curious about seeing a new face for a little while ;)
Is it Peeps season yet?Gallon of citronella oil--$5.95Having said oil blessed by local Catholic priest--FreeThe look on a psychic vampires face after you douse it with blessed oil and call it a psychic mosquito--Priceless!!!There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#11 dan_nwmps

dan_nwmps

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 06 May 2006 - 01:21 PM

I am wondering.. has anyone used a prayer such as St Micheals and still had one follow them home.. I do not practice this but if it has indeed proven to work i would consider trying it.. I would use it if we where investigating a place with a known negative entity in it just to be on the safe side.
"Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open."Lord Thomas DewarPosted Image

#12 Vivienne_DuBois

Vivienne_DuBois

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 06 May 2006 - 01:31 PM

I believe prayers of any sort seem to help keep spirits from following one home. Kindly, yet meaningfully, telling them they are to stay and not follow you can help, as well.

I used to leave "gifts" when I would visit a place such as a cemetery to not only thank but to hopefully appease the spirits. That seemed to work, as well.

Viv

I need to add: it is very important if one is sick with either a physical or mental ailment that they do not go on ghost hunts or to places that are supposedly haunted. Negative spirits can easily latch onto a person who is ailing in some way moreso than someone who is pretty much healthy all the way around. I say this because it's happened to me and many, many people adhere to this rule.

Edited by Vivienne_DuBois, 06 May 2006 - 01:34 PM.

#13 house1864

house1864

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 07:28 AM

Yes, spirits can and do follow the living. I had a ongoing experience when I work for a funeral home. Mine would leave with me when I closed down the funeral home for the evening and follow me home. And then "hitch" a ride back with me the next morning. Funny thing is it never followed me home on weekends, I think because I was the office worker and had very little to do with the funerals the spirit was afraid they would miss the weekend funerals (my belief is that it was one of the first owners of the funeral home that past away, and they needed to make sure everything ran correctly). She kind of became one of the family, I really would have loved to know her when she was alive, she would have been a very likeable person.

This spirit was the first to really bring out my interest in the paranormal. Hard to dismiss a spirit that likes to talk, and move things about, so my interst was born and I have been searching for answers since.

#14 Central Valley Investigator

Central Valley Investigator

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Interests:Investigating for about 8 years. Worked with Loyd Auerbach, Stach Murray and few others. Was part of the USS Hornet investigative team.

Posted 09 May 2006 - 10:56 PM

yup they can, actually there have been a few documented cases.

#15 feusurlaneige

feusurlaneige

Not a very good "ghost" detective!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 11:20 PM

Yes they most definitely can. We have a spirit that we have been interacting with for almost a year now and he does follow our team leader home and not only that, he comes on all our investigations now which we are not impressed about. We cant really stop him. We tell him not to come and he says no.
This spirit follows us to the toilet. In fact, the last time I was at the spirits ' haunt' and had to go to the toilet I said to him before I went in that he had to stay outside. We knew he was there because he lets us know & our team leader was with us and where she goes, he goes lol!

Its got to a stage where you cant whisper anything about him to another member because he listens and answers. We are sleeping over in this place this weekend. I know for sure that I wont be getting changed in there lol! He knows everything we do and he sees us clearly and hears us. He even touches us.

This spirit was the first to really bring out my interest in the paranormal. Hard to dismiss a spirit that likes to talk, and move things about, so my interst was born and I have been searching for answers since.

House, I would be very interested to hear about your interaction with this spirit. Did this spirit every tap to you or did you hear her voice ? How did you discover she was female and what sort of things did she move?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users