1 reply to this topic

#1 Jeff Belanger

Jeff Belanger

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 16 May 2006 - 07:42 AM

Dear Ghostvillagers,

Folklore plays an integral part in the study of ghosts and the supernatural. In many cases, hauntings aren't documented when they happen. The reason we even find out that a location may have ghosts inside is because of folklore. Someone witnessed an event they couldn't explain, they in turn told a friend or two about what they experienced, those friends found the story compelling enough to share with others, and so on. Once the story is two or three people away from the original witness, certain embellishments and other new elements can come into the story. A person's account might start as: "I saw the outline of a man walk right through a wall at work," but turn into: "A moaning man looked right at the girl who worked there. He reached out for her and then disappeared into the wall with a blood-curdling scream."

The second version may be more interesting or frightening, but it's not what really happened. It is worth noting, though, that some truth is still in the second version: a male figure disappeared into a wall. It's our job to track down the source of the original story if we can, and document what really happened.

This month tell us about your own local folklore, the stories that are passes down from friends and family. That rich communication that captivates you to the point where you play a role in passing the story along yourself.

This month's Folklore Theme is sponsored by the National Campaign to Prevent Teen Pregnancy -- an organization that we've worked with every year to help promote this important topic. Take their quiz today and see how you score! http://www.teenpregn.../national/quiz/

-Jeff Belanger
Have you read these books?
Posted Image
There will be a quiz...

#2 leslie_dragonlvr

leslie_dragonlvr

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,397 posts
  • Interests:Enjoying life, again.<br />Anything paranormal, mostly spiritography and spirit communication.<br />The wilderness, traveling, historical places and a beach.<br />All that involves my heart and soul.

Posted 16 May 2006 - 10:11 PM

At the Elementary school I work at and my children also went to school there since 1984. One of the janitors and a few children that had come back to visit the school, both spoke of a ghost in the auditorium. I had always felt something strange about certain areas in this room myself. My daughter years ago had told me there was a little girl who stays there. This was before we knew she could really see them and speak to them as she still does to this day. I just thought it was because of her age at the time, since she had been talking to the spirits in our own home like my other children did. So needless to say I never put a lot of thought into it. I knew and believed there was someone there and let it be.
A few years ago, I asked my daughter again about the little girl. She remembered and told me yes she is there, she loved this school and likes being near the kids. It makes her happy.

This year a co-worker of mine at the school knew of the things my daughter can do and asked me if there was a little girl in the auditorium. Her eyes were kinda big, and I asked her why, whats wrong? She told me she could hear her singing. She feels her come in the back room when she is working with the clay and the kiln. Its hot in there when the kiln is on and she said she would be freezing cold somedays, but this time she felt her touch her. She was really freaked out by it.

So, I began looking into who this little girl is. The school was built in 1926. There had been a huge mudslide back in the early 1930's. There were many deaths. I'm still looking for the records of the actual deaths from this event. The school has had pictures of all the kids in front of the school, no date tho. But I decided to take the photo home and ask my daughter if the little girl is in this photo. Well she went straight to one little girl in the photo, she even fit the discription my friend and others had told me.
Greg - You and no other - Forever and Always! Gv ge yu!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users