• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#16 aftermidnight

aftermidnight

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 11:58 AM

NO can do, owners are not willing to be contacted about visitations to the property.

Yes it is Private Property but I have been told by many that live by there that you can go there as long as you are not making it more of a mess or taking things...... I may be wrong but we were just there a few weeks ago and walked around it for almost an hour and took pictures.

anything interesting in the pics. or anything like that?

#17 ShadowmanWI1981

ShadowmanWI1981

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 05:05 AM

NO can do, owners are not willing to be contacted about visitations to the property.

Yes it is Private Property but I have been told by many that live by there that you can go there as long as you are not making it more of a mess or taking things...... I may be wrong but we were just there a few weeks ago and walked around it for almost an hour and took pictures.

Hey, Im a new member, but Ive been to Summerwind Many, Many times, and have come across some pretty odd occurances. From Shadowmen, to voices, and the smell of lilacs(even in the dead of winter). A few good photos and sounds as well. But yeah, As long as you arent rowdy and wrecking the place, I dont think the neighbors really care. Just be weary of the local kids coming out to vandalize, and cause a ruckus. If you need directions, Id be happy to show you the way, as long as it is daylight.I work 3rd shift, sorry.My e-mail is Maxcbs_mfd@yahoo.com. I believe the owner as of current is Raymond Bober, the author of "The Carver Effect". He lives somewhere in Surgar Camp, north of Rhinelander, WI. Not 100% on that. Thanks guys! ~Dano

#18 Oniix

Oniix

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 08:25 AM

I didn't think the present owners were named anywhere... interesting. I am going back up to the area this August... I may consider looking again, I passed the stupid drive 4 times and didn't notice. Now I know exactly where it is.

#19 scholastique2

scholastique2

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 08:58 AM

HI ALL!

Haven't been here in a long time-- busy with yard stuff. I think it would be kool to have a meeting at summerwind with all those that are truely interested in her! I think I will post the same on the summerwindmansion.com forum board and see what transpires :whee:

It would be great to meet everyone! :clap:

#20 Oniix

Oniix

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 09:40 AM

You know, I tried to register on that site, and to no avail. No one asnwered my E-mails either.

#21 scholastique2

scholastique2

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 07:24 PM

You know, I tried to register on that site, and to no avail. No one asnwered my E-mails either.

Maybe you should try a personal email directly to the webmaster at the bottom of the regular web page summerwindmansion.com and not the forum itself. I know that some boards throw emails they believe are spam out and the webmaster never even sees them! That happened to me til I contacted the webmaster.

try again--it can't hurt! :clap:

#22 ShadowmanWI1981

ShadowmanWI1981

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 11:52 AM

Maybe you should try a personal email directly to the webmaster at the bottom of the regular web page summerwindmansion.com and not the forum itself. I know that some boards throw emails they believe are spam out and the webmaster never even sees them! That happened to me til I contacted the webmaster.

try again--it can't hurt! :Wall:

Hey guys, Yea, I took me a while to get a response, but mr.Raymond Bober responded eventually. We exchanged a few emails then I lost my internet. I fired off an email to him just the otherday telling him about the forum threads, and that there are some people that have some questions for him. Havent gotten a response yet, but it usually took him a few days to a week or to to respond. So yea, Keep trying! ~Dan

#23 ShadowmanWI1981

ShadowmanWI1981

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 07:05 AM

Hey guys, Just thought Id share a picture with you. Its on my Myspace page ( http://profile.myspa...endID=400414959 ) . It was taken at the driveway to Summerwind. Ive sent it in to TAPS for a review, so I'll let you know what their feedback is. Just thought you guys would get a kick out of it! Thanks~Dan

#24 Crone

Crone

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal investigations, reading, crafts, Genealogy, Renaissance Faires,

Posted 01 August 2008 - 08:27 PM

I suggest you post the picture (or a link to it) on the Spiritography board. I guarantee you'll get a lot of feedback there.
Still crazy after all these years. ....Paul Simon.... “What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others.” ....Pericles......

#25 ShadowmanWI1981

ShadowmanWI1981

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 08:51 PM

I suggest you post the picture (or a link to it) on the Spiritography board. I guarantee you'll get a lot of feedback there.

Thanks!

#26 littleone_67

littleone_67

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 06:50 AM

Thanks!

Hello I'm a new member and despratley need to go to summerwind. Can anyone help with directions?

#27 ShadowmanWI1981

ShadowmanWI1981

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 08:00 PM

Thanks!

Hello I'm a new member and despratley need to go to summerwind. Can anyone help with directions?

1.where are you from?
2.why do you want to go to Summerwind?

#28 littleone_67

littleone_67

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 06:48 PM

Thanks!

1.where are you from?
2.why do you want to go to Summerwind?

I live in St. Germain and I read a book about Summerwind and always wanted to go and always thought I'd have plenty of time to do so. I found out last summer I have stage 4 cancer and have had lots of surgeries and chemo ever since. So I want to do some stuff before I can't.

#29 ShadowmanWI1981

ShadowmanWI1981

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 05:17 PM

[/quote]
I live in St. Germain and I read a book about Summerwind and always wanted to go and always thought I'd have plenty of time to do so. I found out last summer I have stage 4 cancer and have had lots of surgeries and chemo ever since. So I want to do some stuff before I can't.
[/quote]
Take 45 to Landolakes, turn left on B, Take that to Bents Camp road.Theres a big sign that says Bents Camp. Its Helen Creek road. At the forks in the roads, go straight, left, right, left. Then its on your right. Theres an over grown driveway, which is not the original driveway, right after an old set of whitewashed gates. Please, dont take anything, or tear the place up. Have respect for the land, the house, and the spirits that dwell there. NOTE~ Above it was written that I would show you the way, this is meant as Id give directions to those who would like to see Summerwind and maybe do an investigation. The Caretakers of the land live nextdoor, so please respect them. Thankyou!

#30 Northlight

Northlight

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 02:53 PM

Hello all. I am from the Milwaukee area and am looking to pay a visit sometime in either September or October to the Summerwind grounds. I have always had a huge fascination. Is there anyone who would care to join me on the visit? If you already live close by and would like to meet me in the area that would be great. Or, we could drive up together if you live in Southeast Wisconsin. I just feel that it would be fun to pay a visit with someone else who shares the interest. I look forward to replies.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users