• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#31 ShadowmanWI1981

ShadowmanWI1981

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 09:56 PM

Hello all. I am from the Milwaukee area and am looking to pay a visit sometime in either September or October to the Summerwind grounds. I have always had a huge fascination. Is there anyone who would care to join me on the visit? If you already live close by and would like to meet me in the area that would be great. Or, we could drive up together if you live in Southeast Wisconsin. I just feel that it would be fun to pay a visit with someone else who shares the interest. I look forward to replies.

Hey Northlight. Good Intentions and all, but it may not be so wise to say that. Not saying anyone on here is a weirdo or anything, but ya never know if the person you would meet is a killer or something. But Good intentions though. -Dan

#32 Burn'n Vern'n

Burn'n Vern'n

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:Family, Guitar, Motorcycles, Spooky Stuff - LOL

Posted 15 September 2008 - 09:43 AM

Hello all. I am from the Milwaukee area and am looking to pay a visit sometime in either September or October to the Summerwind grounds. I have always had a huge fascination. Is there anyone who would care to join me on the visit? If you already live close by and would like to meet me in the area that would be great. Or, we could drive up together if you live in Southeast Wisconsin. I just feel that it would be fun to pay a visit with someone else who shares the interest. I look forward to replies.

Hey Northlight. Good Intentions and all, but it may not be so wise to say that. Not saying anyone on here is a weirdo or anything, but ya never know if the person you would meet is a killer or something. But Good intentions though. -Dan

I'm interested in this also but you're advice is sound Dan.......I definitely wouldn't be caught dead "creeping" around a "creepy place" with a "creep"!!! Do you have any recommendations on how to safely meet others interested in doing stuff like this? Are there clubs?

#33 Burn'n Vern'n

Burn'n Vern'n

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 07:55 AM

Found it!!! It was pretty easy....we picked the right roads but went right by it the first time. We went back to the main road, re-checked our route, and decided we must have been on the right road. Then we remembered passing an overgrown drive just before we got to a group of newer houses so we decided to go back one more time and take a look at that drive. I parked the cycle at the entrance and my wife walked in about a 100 feet or so. When she came running back waving her arms I knew we had hit pay dirt!!! She said twin chimneys were unmistakable. We just stayed parked at the entrance, walked in, took about 20 nice pictures of the site, and left without touching or disturbing anything. We kept a low profile, made sure not to bother anybody or anything and nobody bothered us. It was super cool and probably one of the highlights of our ride that day!!! I'm not sure how to post pictures here (mine look about the same as the others) but if anybody wants them just drop me a message sometime..... :)

#34 ShadowmanWI1981

ShadowmanWI1981

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 03:39 PM

Glad to hear you found it! Beautiful site huh? Its pretty creepy at night. Better to go during the day to get your bearings, lol. Might fall in if you panic and go tearing for the exit. The wife is a sensitive, and she doesnt like it out there. She says there is definently a "not good" presence out there, among quite a few spirits. The legends say that the land, not the house, is tainted. Kind of like Pet Semetary."The soil is sour." Well, anyone else goes out there, please be careful! Also, is there New build out there on the property? Rumors around here say that someone is building out there. Happy hunting all! :(

#35 Burn'n Vern'n

Burn'n Vern'n

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 11:55 AM

Yeah.....there are some nice newer houses around it and it's kind of a pretty spot but the trees are so grown up now that you can hardly see the lake. Finding it was just something fun I wanted to do to say I did it but I'm going to try and keep a lid on the location. I don't want to encourage a mass of people to overrun the property and/or vandalize it any further plus I'm sure the people living around it wouldn't appreciate that either. Nobody bugged us or said anything but then again we were pretty cool about things. We didn't drive all over gawking at people and running up and down their driveways, once we located it (which didn't take us long), we stopped briefly, quietly took about 15 photos, didn't touch or take anything, and moved on. Interesting about your wife's feelings though. I didn't feel anything sinister there (but then I'm not a sensitive either). We were there around 11:00am on a sunny Sunday so it seemed pretty darn warm and friendly to us but after dark I suppose it could get pretty spooky and dangerous. I wouldn't mind owning it if it was available but clearing all that old junk out and rebuilding it would probably cost an arm and a leg, or maybe even a soul - LOL!!! :clap:

#36 ShadowmanWI1981

ShadowmanWI1981

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 03:10 PM

LMAO, ya itd cost a soul! lol! But yea, Ive never ran into any neighbor troubles out there either. The trees seem to spring up really quick out there, so I know what u mean about the lake view. Also, on a vegetation related note, The first time my cousin and I found it (took like,3 months coz no one knew or wanted to tell us), there were these beautiful red,white,and black flowers growing all over the place. there was a sign on an old roof beam that spaned the basement that read"Rest in peace". Really beautiful. I was going to snag a few of the flowers, coz they were so neat. Havent seen anything like em. Kinda like those real little white and purple ones that grow on the ground, but bigger like a small rose. Anyhow, when we returned the next day to do some checking out, there were no flowers, no vines, and no sign. The beam has since been stolen I believe. Lots of money in that old wood I guess. But yea, the wife says that he (the malicious one) isint out there all the time. Sometimes its almost serene out there. Other times, its like you feel like you are going to be struck dead at any moment. Theres quite a few spirits out there she says. Also, theres stories about objects(bricks specifically) that have been taken from Summerwind. Kind of a Hawaii Lava rock type deal. Theres a story about a frying pan too I believe on here, or on the TAPS site. But yea, its not much to look at now if you dont know what it used to be. I too wish I had the means to rebuild. Be nice to live out there. I hear the Island has a cemetary on it as well. Kind of odd. Oh and if you havent been, a good site is www.summerwindmansion.com. Its run by Ray Bober, a previous(he wouldnt say if he still owns it or not) owner, and who was featured on the Discovery channel's A Haunting:the haunting of Summerwind. Well cya L8r! ~Danny

#37 Burn'n Vern'n

Burn'n Vern'n

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 10:01 AM

Well......it was definitely kind of fun!!! Now I gotta find some new Wisconsin haunts to check out. There's a cemetery that was also featured on one of the "A Haunting" episodes with shadow people and other creepy stuff. Also a haunted church near Amery that I read about in a book (that's a bit closer to home). I'll have to do a little research over the winter and plan out a couple targets for next summer. See ya later.....Burn'n Vern'n :ghost:

#38 ShadowmanWI1981

ShadowmanWI1981

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 03:34 PM

Yeah, Isint that the abandoned church hat you can hear the congregation and the pastor at night? Something about the old bell rings too I think. I may be mistaken though.Theres some good abandoned mines up in the UP as well. Most are covered over, but there are some that are still accessible. Was in one up by Sunday Lake, and my cousin and I though we were busted. We heard whistling, and somone walking, But there was no one there. also some nice pics. Vapors, Orbs, Mists, ect. ~Danny

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users