• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 cooolchick647

cooolchick647

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 11:38 AM

I know that this isnt a ghost or anything to that effect but still figured that this was something to discuss, but did anyone watch the show on Animal Planet about the dragon that was found in ice??? I did not get to watch the whole thing, but what i saw was amazing to say the least.......

Any comments????
The hardest thing in life to learn is which bridge to cross, and which to burn. And don't worry because the world will still be broken tomorrow.Posted Image</a>Posted Image Posted Image

#2 dan_nwmps

dan_nwmps

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 11:57 AM

Yeah at the end they said it was fiction but possible.
They where more or less telling about how a dragon would actualy work.. like eating certain rocks to gain the abiity to breath fire. how they would have looked for mates how they would have lived .. but nothing was based on fact it was all speculation.

Edited by dan_nwmps, 22 May 2006 - 12:02 PM.

"Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open."Lord Thomas DewarPosted Image

#3 MaryCeleste

MaryCeleste

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Interests:Martial arts,Cryptozoology,TheParanormal,Singing,<br />Animal Rights,Art,Weightlifting,History,Magic/Illusionsists,Buddhism

Posted 22 May 2006 - 12:00 PM

I know that this isnt a ghost or anything to that effect but still figured that this was something to discuss, but did anyone watch the show on Animal Planet about the dragon that was found in ice??? I did not get to watch the whole thing, but what i saw was amazing to say the least.......

Any comments????

I seen that program a little while back.
It wasnt real but did indeed fool alot of people.

It tryed to answer the question of 'what if'?
It was very cool how they put it together,although some of the biological stuff didnt make a ton of sense.
Cool how they said dragons went back to the ocean and became what were later reported as 'sea serpents'.

Cool show,but not real.
A wave doesnt have to die to become water,it's already water

#4 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,391 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 22 May 2006 - 12:02 PM

Intresting. I guess this links would explain more?

http://www.china.org.../Oct/108881.htm

http://news.bbc.co.u...and/2357455.stm

http://animal.discov...xpert/chat.html
Posted Image

#5 ScaretyCat

ScaretyCat

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 12:11 PM

I too watched the Mockumenty last night. I think it was thought provoking and made Dragons seem almost part of the fossil record but unfortunately they are not. Interesting about the platnium theory don't you think???

Edited by ScaretyCat, 22 May 2006 - 12:12 PM.

#6 evad_83647

evad_83647

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts
  • Interests:Military, parnormal, UFO's. I am an author, photographer and mechanic.

Posted 22 May 2006 - 02:27 PM

I didn't see the mockumentary. However I've always beleived dragon myths came from discovering the remains of the giant prehistoric birds like the terdactyl.
Once I get there, there is somewhere else.Is it the beginning of the end or the end of the beginning?

#7 cooolchick647

cooolchick647

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 11:58 AM

Sorry about that i checked it out last night and figured that i would write today that i found out it was fiction. I only caught part of the show and thought that it would be interesting.....Sorry about that once again.....that should teach me to research first, huh?

:clap:

:Spaz:
The hardest thing in life to learn is which bridge to cross, and which to burn. And don't worry because the world will still be broken tomorrow.Posted Image</a>Posted Image Posted Image

#8 Justa

Justa

Champion YMCA dancer and professional spaghetti nose shooter

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,497 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 12:01 PM

There's nothing to be sorry about Cooolchick. This particular board is based on a lot of "what if", hence the name Myths and Folklore :clap: And, behind every myth, there is a hint of truth. :Spaz:
Posted Image

#9 Willow

Willow

A sweet kindhearted person, who would dish dirt on her?

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 12:28 PM

I didn't see the mockumentary. However I've always beleived dragon myths came from discovering the remains of the giant prehistoric birds like the terdactyl.

I agree completely and missed this show also, hopefully they'll rerun it...sounds interesting Coolchick, thanks for bringing it to our attention :clap:
Either write things worth reading,
Or do things worth the writing.

Posted Image

#10 Tigger

Tigger

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 01:52 PM

It was sorta like how on the History Channel had a documentry on the Myths of The Ancient World. How people would find these dinsaur bones and say they found the remains of a cyclops (mammoth skeleton), and how the griffiens came from the reamins of those one dinosaurs that had the hooked beak like a bird and those three horns (can't think of the name). It was intresting documentry, espically since most of the ancient Greek temples had dinosaur bones on display as a holy relic.

I also caught that dragon special a while back too. Found it very intresting.

#11 cooolchick647

cooolchick647

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 09:14 PM

The part that i seen got me very interested and it actually was very well put together.....i just wish that i got to see the whole show it looks like it would be a very interesting show.......they actually went through a lot more than i thought that anyone would go through for fictional piece of work....It was interesting to see that the actually had a short wingspan and the hydrogen air sacs......there was a lot of thought into that instead of just making it easy with a normal sized wingspan and the whole thing on the firebreathing was very well thought out.......i got to give them an A+ on that one.......definitely want to catch a rerun of that.......i was very happy when i thought that they actually proved dragons were real....maybe one day.....i love dragons.........

Whirly Dude

#12 Catlara

Catlara

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,697 posts
  • Interests:Lots!~lol

Posted 30 May 2006 - 07:56 PM

Sounds like it was an interesting show, who cares if it's fiction, it's still a cool topic to think about!! Thanks Cooolchick!!

#13 Axman

Axman

Chainsaws are better......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 31 May 2006 - 03:23 AM

I saaw a discovery channel show recently that discussed the way that the ancient people may have reacted when finding bones of the dinos. To them the "dragons" may have died just a few years before the discovery of the bones. They didn't have scientific experts back in their times.
Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#14 Juniper

Juniper

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Interests:i love food.

Posted 06 June 2006 - 10:19 PM

I missed the show too. It sucks it was fake though. I always thought it'd be cool if dragons were real.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users