sharpsburg MD newbie to ghosthunting

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 civilwarbuff

civilwarbuff

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Interests:making my crafts,love anything that has to do with american history.but mostly civil war.love to read ghost books.go to civil war battlefields.those are haunted to.so i get the history with the ghosts.

Posted 31 May 2006 - 06:22 PM

going to go on my first ghost hunt and was wondering from the people who have been there before what i should take.i do have a flashlight,analog recorder, and a 35 mm camera.i do have a camcorder but no light on it.so i dont think i will be doing that at night.will be going on a haunted battlefield.was hoping some of the people that have been on ghosthunts could help me.since i lovvvve civil war spirits.not to mention the civil war battlefields.

most of the time when ive heard or seen spirits i either lived there as in my old house or stayed at a haunted B&B.but ive never gone out to seek spirits before so i dont know what to do or what i need.should i anounce myself to the spirits? ive heard some do this.as in tell the ghosts your name and why your their.i want to get results from the experts so that when i do go i wont be like oh crap i wish i would have done this or said that...

thanks for all that have commented.i guess i shouldnt expect to much if its my first hunt but im really excited to go and go on a ghost hunt.

also, does anyone know if WA DC is haunted?i know the white house is but
we cant go into that.other than the white house.places we can tour.
when sliding down the bannister of life, may the splinters never point the wrong way...an irish blessing.......may those that love us, love us, as for those that dont love us, may God turn their hearts.and if God cant turn their hearts, may God turn their ankles, so we will know them by their limp.

#2 Grim Undertakings

Grim Undertakings

Voted most likely to be a janitor in Highschool

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 12:17 AM

:) ....well, I'm far from being an expert but I may be able to suggest a few things!

Keep it simple at first. You don't need to drag around all of this gear when you're first getting into it. I'd say a fairly decent camera with 400 speed film, a flashlight, a reliable tape recorder with new tapes, and a video camera with nightshot if you have one. Also, fresh batteries. Stay safe, don't trespass and all of that other stuff too.... ;)

Just have fun and learn as you go. It is very easy to mistake the mundane for unexplained sometimes, so be scrutinous of your work, and allow others to scrutinize. It can be frustrating but will help you out in the long run.

And patience! Patience, patience, patience! We're not all as lucky as Krc (he knows I'm joking.... :lol: :) )

All the best. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users