32 replies to this topic

#16 Niwan

Niwan

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Interests:Anything Paranormal, Computers, Cars, Bowling, Sports

Posted 08 June 2006 - 02:24 AM

I was quite impressed with the show. They didn't do any fancy crazy stuff Sci-Fi sometimes does. It doesn’t seem like they tried to fake anything. It was all previous evidence except for the couple photos one of the movie's cast members shot, that one pic she took was very cool. I even recognized some of the photos like the mask looking face behind the two girls.

Tigger, A hospital that size and from that long ago would probably have had its own dump on the premises. So I wouldn't be shocked to still find needles popping up.

#17 DukeofBoogie

DukeofBoogie

Did the Time Warp at his wedding!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,274 posts
  • Interests:The Paranormal, Rock music, Movies, History (Especially the American Civil War), and spending time with my wife and daughter.

Posted 08 June 2006 - 05:26 AM

I caught a bit of last night. They showed it again right after at 11pm, but I couldn't stay up. Maybe I can catch it next it airs.
http://www.facebook....59567008?v=wallhttp://www.cdbaby.co...eblackriverboyshttp://www.zoarcivilwar.com/In great deeds something abides. On great fields something stays.....Spirits linger, to consecrate ground for the vision place of souls. And reverent men and women from afar, and generations that know us not and that we know not of, heart-drawn to where and by whom great things were suffered and done for them, shall come to this deathless field, to ponder and dream; and lo! The shadow of a mighty presence shall wrap them in its bosom, and the power of the vision pass into thier soles.-Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

I've been hit byPosted Image mrsspookypants

#18 Tigger

Tigger

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 07:07 AM

It was pretty good documentry. I taped it for a friend and will be sending it to them to watch. It gave me chills to see all those photos and hear the recordings they took.

I was curious about the comment about the scratched tiles in the shower and the old man who said: "I know about it but can't say/talk about it." It only made me more curious as to what happened in the shower.

And the freaky thing was the photos of the Shadow People and those things that director could only describe as "goblin-like" things that showed up in the photos. That personal account by the one guard that said he saw one of them (Shadow People) running toward him in the dark?! :wow: I think i would have pooped my pants had that happened to me.

That place is alive with spirits and is haunted by other things. I wonder what the history of the land was before the hosptial was built on the spot. For them to be seeing other things then ghosts there, something else has to be there as well or it was things that came due to all the death going on.

Edited by Tigger, 08 June 2006 - 07:09 AM.

#19 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 08 June 2006 - 08:14 AM

It was pretty good. Entertaining for sure. I also don't have any doubt in my mind that the place is haunted. With 63,000 people dying there throughout its history, there has to be spirits there. Some of the evidence I had a little bit of a problem with. Some of it was good but I would think that through all of the years LGHS has been investigating, they would have captured at least one class A EVP. The EVP on the show was of low class B and C that I heard and seemed very overworked. There were a lot of photos of dust shown and claimed to be paranormal orbs. There were also a ton of photos where they were an obvious case of matrixing. I had a problem with the woman that had the ball roll down the hall at her. She said she left it alone. Heck, I would be getting someone with a camera there and I would be rolling it back and see if the little girl wants to play. That would be very cool to capture on film.

Over all it was an entertaining show that was fun to watch.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#20 DarkPrincess

DarkPrincess

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Interests:Actually...A little bit of everything...I really love posting on GV and I enjoy the chat a lot also. Everyone has been just great! <br />If you have Yahoo or MSN ask me for ID :) feel free to PM me too.

Posted 08 June 2006 - 08:46 AM

It was pretty good. Entertaining for sure. I also don't have any doubt in my mind that the place is haunted. With 63,000 people dying there throughout its history, there has to be spirits there. Some of the evidence I had a little bit of a problem with. Some of it was good but I would think that through all of the years LGHS has been investigating, they would have captured at least one class A EVP. The EVP on the show was of low class B and C that I heard and seemed very overworked. There were a lot of photos of dust shown and claimed to be paranormal orbs. There were also a ton of photos where they were an obvious case of matrixing. I had a problem with the woman that had the ball roll down the hall at her. She said she left it alone. Heck, I would be getting someone with a camera there and I would be rolling it back and see if the little girl wants to play. That would be very cool to capture on film.

Over all it was an entertaining show that was fun to watch.

Posted Image Sheesh, figured you would beat me to this and say pretty much exactly what I was going to say, So I guess there isn't much else for me to say!
Posted Image

#21 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 08 June 2006 - 08:50 AM

Sheesh, figured you would beat me to this and say pretty much exactly what I was going to say, So I guess there isn't much else for me to say!

Sorry DP, I should have waited and quoted yours and saved myself some typing...lol
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#22 DarkPrincess

DarkPrincess

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Interests:Actually...A little bit of everything...I really love posting on GV and I enjoy the chat a lot also. Everyone has been just great! <br />If you have Yahoo or MSN ask me for ID :) feel free to PM me too.

Posted 08 June 2006 - 09:14 AM

LOL naw it's cool ya know, saved ME some typing and the "slight risk" of sounding idiotic..HAHA
Posted Image

#23 Grim Undertakings

Grim Undertakings

Voted most likely to be a janitor in Highschool

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 10:26 AM

....and I don't have cable.......yar. :wow: ;)

#24 Texas_Angel20

Texas_Angel20

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:Besides anything paranormal, I like western movies, especially John Wayne movies, I like the &quot;Highlander&quot; series and movies.I like Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, and the movie Young Guns. I like history, literature, art. I like reading, drawing, writting, and listening to music, in my spare time. I write short stories, novels, and poetry sometimes. I also like to do computer graphics. It's fun, and I think I'm pretty good at it. I like to sing, dance, go to rodeos ;) and ride and work with horses and animals. I am a student teacher at a private Christian School, and am working on getting my teaching certification.

Posted 08 June 2006 - 11:40 AM

I recorded it last night, and thought overall it was interesting. The history behind the place is absolutely fascinating. And some the things they caught were really cool. Although some of the things they claimed were orbs kinda looked like dust to me. But, the EVP's were pretty awesome.
I recorded for my boyfriend, who is like me and really into the paranormal, but he has to leave to go to work at like 3:30 AM so he goes to bed at 8:00 PM, when the show was on so I recorded for him, and I'm glad I did. I hope I can by the DVD, just to watch the special features.

#25 TKE448

TKE448

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 12:30 PM

KRC...man I think that we think a lot alike...Really interesting, and, I learned a few things that even I didn't know about Waverly..(I'm actually from Kentucky..LOL)...but, there were about 90% of the pictures that I chalked up to matrixing right away...however, there were a few that I couldn't immediately throw out...I had a few problems with the "bare-foot" footprints...like, it would have been more convincing if the camer had been sitting there the whole time...but...that's just me...I'm actually considering taking a trip there in October with a few friends to sort of look around ...I'll let everyone know if/when we go...
A Drifter is only a poet with wings, he moves but he can't learn to fly, running in footsteps ahead of his time, with no one to see if he cries. Doyle Lawson & QuicksilverPosted ImagePosted Image

#26 jakob493

jakob493

Very greedy and not happy with just one tag

• PipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 01:58 PM

OH man... I cant believe I missed it. :D I'll just wait for the DVD I guess.

#27 beccaluvsghostsntexas

beccaluvsghostsntexas

Looking for some frozen butt snowfairies.......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts
  • Interests:Anything paranormal!

Posted 08 June 2006 - 02:58 PM

I wasn't too impressed with this show. I just watched it again & still I was not impressed. I agree with the previous post about the ability to hear.....it really didn't tell anything that we didn't already know. I did enjoy the interviews with the people that were once there. I guess nothing could take the place of just personally visiting the place. Now THAT would be awesome!
It's just Becca Posted Image

#28 SpiritualyMoved

SpiritualyMoved

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 04:24 PM

I found it very intersting. One, it made me think about what it would have been like in the 30's to seek medical treatment. The operation where they removed the ribs was ghastly - but medicine is trial and error. It seemed as if the place was on the up and up until TB was on the way out and Waverly became Woodhaven... that is when the torture and inhuman treatment came to play....

the footprints was wicked... as well as the leather ball incidents they talked about.... the smells of food from the kitchen and the little girl with no eyes, pretty creepy. And the death tunnel - umm, I don't think I would have gone in there for anything!!

Nonetheless, I thought about it all night and when I got up this morning I started researching the place... check out www.spooked.org which is associated with the documentary and then did some research on Waverly. One thing I found today that grossed me out had to do with the "draining room." The draining room was the last stop for the dead. Since the hospital didn't have a cemetary, they could bury the dead so they would send them back to the town. Well, the town didn't want contagious bodies coming in so Waverly would take the dead to the draining room where they would cut them and drain all the blood and such before sending them down the death tunnel. Once TB was over, they used the room to cure meat.....

ewwwww!!!

#29 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 09 June 2006 - 09:10 AM

KRC - you brought up a lot of what I thought as well. Especially the evp's they played. Frankly, I couldn't make out anything. The ones you have posted are so much clearer to me. The "goblin" photos seem to me to be more like what they think they see. You know, how the human brain makes patterns out of jumbled light/shadows. I can look at the grain in stained wood and make out faces, etc. They just didn't look like anything more to me than light playing on leaves of shrubs. To be honest, the only photo I saw that was convincing to me was one of a child holding a ball. There were no sharp edges to the figure, and the proportion was good.

KRC - I would have tried to play with whoever threw the ball too! That child would be lonesome after all this time, and might be easy to establish contact with her.
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#30 becksrn

becksrn

From the boonies....

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,596 posts
  • Interests:DURAN DURAN--ooh Nick Rhodes, Winter Sports, THE STEELERS, Lots of snow, horror flicks, basketball games, LUV LUV LUV Joaquin Phoenix, my PowerBook, System of a Down, My Chemical Romance, The Killers, Foo Fighters, the 80's, historical disasters, Stewie Griffin, Trailer Fabulous, LOST, I'm a total sucker for old re-runs of Ab Fab, and CSI: Las Vegas.

Posted 09 June 2006 - 07:56 PM

I saw the movie "Death Tunnel" that was based on the Waverly Hills Sanatorium. The one where 4 college girls were picked to go into the Sanatorium blindfolded and had to spent so much time on each floor trying to find their way out. It was a little creepy...some of the clips of the old medical equipment and photos....but the story was kinda corny. Ending was weird too. There was only bout 5 mins worth showing the actual tunnel that they used to ship the dead bodies out. I'm thinking the documentary will be much better.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users