• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 Tigger

Tigger

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 03 June 2006 - 02:04 PM

Showing June 7th at 8/7pm CST (check your local listings for time/date in your area), SciFi Channel will be showing a documentry on Waverly Hills Santorium (sp?). It seems that a crew was going to shoot a horror movie there but instead it turned into something else when cast and crew began to experience paranormal events there.

I don't know rather or not this is an actually documentry or a mockumentry using Wavely Hills as a setting, like the Bliar Witch movie a few years back, but it looks interesting.

#2 cheercoach05

cheercoach05

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Interests:cheerleading, the supernatural, spending time with my family

Posted 03 June 2006 - 03:58 PM

Thanks for the heads up! Sounds pretty interesting! :whee:
"I do believe in spooks. I do believe in spooks. I do! I do! I do! I do believe in spooks. I do believe in spooks. I do! I do! I do! I do!" - The Cowardly Lion

#3 tobyace

tobyace

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:Ghosts, supernatural occurrences

Posted 03 June 2006 - 04:10 PM

[font=Comic Sans Ms][quote name='Tigger' date='Jun 3 2006, 02:04 PM' post='326204']

Thanks for the heads up! Can't wait to watch, I heard something about this story some time ago..

#4 Texas_Angel20

Texas_Angel20

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:Besides anything paranormal, I like western movies, especially John Wayne movies, I like the "Highlander" series and movies.I like Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, and the movie Young Guns. I like history, literature, art. I like reading, drawing, writting, and listening to music, in my spare time. I write short stories, novels, and poetry sometimes. I also like to do computer graphics. It's fun, and I think I'm pretty good at it. I like to sing, dance, go to rodeos ;) and ride and work with horses and animals. I am a student teacher at a private Christian School, and am working on getting my teaching certification.

Posted 04 June 2006 - 01:41 PM

:ghost:
Oh wow! Thanks for the heads up about this. Ever since "Ghost Hunters" went there on one of there episodes I have been extremely interested in Waverly Hills. Can't wait to see this!

#5 DarkPrincess

DarkPrincess

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Interests:Actually...A little bit of everything...I really love posting on GV and I enjoy the chat a lot also. Everyone has been just great! <br />If you have Yahoo or MSN ask me for ID :) feel free to PM me too.

Posted 04 June 2006 - 01:45 PM

:ghost:
Oh wow! Thanks for the heads up about this. Ever since "Ghost Hunters" went there on one of there episodes I have been extremely interested in Waverly Hills. Can't wait to see this!

Posted Image Whoophooo sounds good, i'll have to watch that for sure. Thanks!
Posted Image

#6 jakob493

jakob493

Very greedy and not happy with just one tag

• PipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 10:22 PM

Yeah I totally wanna see that. By the way has anyone seen Boo on Scifi the other day?? That was pretty cool too.

#7 willnyc

willnyc

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:Paintball, Airsoft and books about the paranormal :)<br />Interested in ghosts of New York City and places I can visit in the city for the &quot;ghost hunting&quot; experience.

Posted 05 June 2006 - 02:32 AM

I dont have cable are they gunna be selling this documentary after its aired?
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image"In a world of compromise some don't" - Hecklor & Koch

#8 bruno1111

bruno1111

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 June 2006 - 08:38 AM

Yes they will be putting the DVD out in late July with an additional 30 minutes and a ton of extras.
Yes it is an actual documentary. For more info go to www.louisvilleghs.com

Keith Age
AGS KY Rep/LGHS Pres

http://i81.photobuck...111/SCIFISS.jpg
Keith AgeAGS Ky Rep/LGHS Pres.www.louisvilleghs.com

#9 Grim Undertakings

Grim Undertakings

Voted most likely to be a janitor in Highschool

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 05 June 2006 - 09:07 AM

Cool. I read about this earlier this year and I've been anticipating it. Thanks for the link, Keith! :weeee:

#10 DarkPrincess

DarkPrincess

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Interests:Actually...A little bit of everything...I really love posting on GV and I enjoy the chat a lot also. Everyone has been just great! <br />If you have Yahoo or MSN ask me for ID :) feel free to PM me too.

Posted 05 June 2006 - 09:10 AM

Yeah I totally wanna see that. By the way has anyone seen Boo on Scifi the other day?? That was pretty cool too.

Yes, I watched it...and I kept telling Them not to unlock that door and break the seal...Would she Listen to me??? Nope Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#11 Willow

Willow

A sweet kindhearted person, who would dish dirt on her?

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 02:36 PM

It looks interesting and I cant wait to watch it :D
Either write things worth reading, Or do things worth the writing. Posted Image

#12 beccaluvsghostsntexas

beccaluvsghostsntexas

Looking for some frozen butt snowfairies.......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts
  • Interests:Anything paranormal!

Posted 07 June 2006 - 05:07 PM

I can't wait to see this, I hope it's not a "mockumentary".....we'll see I guess. I am already having withdrawals from GhostHunters.....thank goodness for Dead Famous, at least they aren't showing repeats!! Just a few hours until the show starts....can't wait!
It's just Becca Posted Image

#13 dan_nwmps

dan_nwmps

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 05:36 PM

Amm sooo pumped to watch this.. This place has always interested me ever since i first read about it like 10 years ago.
Nice to see it get the recognition.
"Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open."Lord Thomas DewarPosted Image

#14 Tigger

Tigger

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 09:04 PM

This isn't much of a spoiler but the one thing I found disturbing was them still finding old syringe needles out there in the forest! :fight1:

#15 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 08 June 2006 - 12:26 AM

It was pretty good. I did think that some of it was hard to hear - it seemed like the audio fluctuated between comments. It was also hard to understand the older people who had been patients. They did do a good job of interviewing a couple of people who refuted(sp?) some of the stories -like bodies being dumped in the woods. They showed them finding bones, but they didn't say that they had them examined so they could easily have been animal bones. One think I didn't like was how they kept saying that the procedures were 'barbaric' and likened treatments to torture. I really have a problem with people who judge people in the past by today's standards. The staff were doing the best they could, and the treatments were, by the standards of the day, state of the art. They were in completley uncharted territory, and trying to find a cure as fast as they could. I bet that in a hundred years they will say that our medical treatments are barbaric by their standards.
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users