This may be a newbish question but...

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 willnyc

willnyc

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:Paintball, Airsoft and books about the paranormal :)<br />Interested in ghosts of New York City and places I can visit in the city for the &quot;ghost hunting&quot; experience.

Posted 03 June 2006 - 07:10 PM

Ive been reading a lot of personal encounters on these forums and it seems like just about all of them happen during the nightly hours. While it does seem logical that paranormal things would happen after dark, it makes me wonder as to what these spirits do during the day? Where does the shadow that appears at the foot of your bed at night or the voices in your house go during the daytime? Are they like nocturnal animals that hide out somewhere during the day and come out at night?
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image"In a world of compromise some don't" - Hecklor & Koch

#2 bardo

bardo

Would like to sit on the clouds and watch the world

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts
  • Interests:the world here and beyond...lol anything ghosty I don't watch very much tv but when i do it's shows like supernatural.<br />I love music ....going to concerts.....groups like the dropkickmurphys,floggingmollies,pogues, some old stuff like the clash and joe strummer. I just saw Bob Dylan and The Who .<br />I like just about anything but country I do love Johnny cash though!<br />I love walking my dogs and getting outside as much as possible .<br />I plan on living until I'm at least 150 .

Posted 03 June 2006 - 07:51 PM

Because spirits have to cross back into our demension in order to visit us,they often attach their energy to to powerfull conductors like electricity and water.
They are especially active between the hours of 1:00 am and 5:00 when the night air is at it's dampest and the dew is at its heaviest.
But believe me you can see ghosts in the daytime too.
Ghosts are earthbound and spirits make visitations to earth.
These experiencs can happen during the day or night.
Posted Image Dreams are today's answers to tomorrow's questions. Edgar Cayce

#3 Vivienne_DuBois

Vivienne_DuBois

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 03 June 2006 - 08:58 PM

Hi willnyc and welcome! :clap:

I think yours is a great question. Personally, I've seen ghosts most often during the daytime. Lately, I've been having more physical activity from my resident spirit at night, but I've rarely seen a spirit at night. I have noticed that my sensitivities pick up at night and I can more easily sense energies and such during the night rather than during the day.

I think, like Bardo mentioned, there are issues with their energy to take into account that could definitely explain why they occur in the night-time like they do. I also think that people may be more sensitive/aware during the night-time hours and, therefore, are able to "pick-up" on ghostly activity more easily - when people are tired or relaxing (as they often are during night-time hours), their minds are more "free" or "open" to sensing spirits, rather then during the day when they are working, shopping, etc. where their minds are on several other things preventing them, to an extent, from being consciously aware of paranormal phenomenon.

Viv

Edited by Vivienne_DuBois, 03 June 2006 - 09:03 PM.

#4 jakob493

jakob493

Very greedy and not happy with just one tag

• PipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 03 June 2006 - 09:28 PM

Hi Willnyc. Thats a good question. Though you've already heard some helpful responses, I just thought I'd add my 2 cents. I agree with the few above, spirits do interact with the physical plane all the time, but many people seem to be most sensitive at night, allowing them to pick up on spiritual activity easier. I for one am most sensitive during the daylight hours. It seems like I can concentrate more this way, I personally like sunlight more than darkness when conducting spiritual experiments. I think the reason why its harder for other people to connect with the spiritual plane during the daylight is a simple explanation. I think its just that during the day, there are generally more people walking around and talking, etc, making it harder to concentrate. When usually at night there is less activity and more peace. I guess whatever your preferences are and where you are during certain times of the day.

#5 willnyc

willnyc

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:Paintball, Airsoft and books about the paranormal :)<br />Interested in ghosts of New York City and places I can visit in the city for the &quot;ghost hunting&quot; experience.

Posted 03 June 2006 - 11:38 PM

Well I guess that explains it for me, because I always thought there would be more spirits wandering around in NYC cuz of all the people who have lived their lives and died here over hundreds of years of history. Theres got to be literally millions of souls wandering around I guess we're just too busy to notice them.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image"In a world of compromise some don't" - Hecklor & Koch

#6 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,387 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 04 June 2006 - 01:53 AM

Welcome willnyc. Another plausible explanation could be that not all who dies become ghosts. So basically you wont literally have billions of ghosts walking around.
Posted Image

#7 willnyc

willnyc

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 03:23 AM

Welcome willnyc. Another plausible explanation could be that not all who dies become ghosts. So basically you wont literally have billions of ghosts walking around.

Yea but even so in a city of 8 million plus you have to figure there have to be enough people who suffer violent traumatic deaths for there to be a sizable number of them lurking around.

#8 rogerfl

rogerfl

Villager

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • Interests:demons

Posted 04 June 2006 - 05:06 AM

Ive been reading a lot of personal encounters on these forums and it seems like just about all of them happen during the nightly hours. While it does seem logical that paranormal things would happen after dark, it makes me wonder as to what these spirits do during the day? Where does the shadow that appears at the foot of your bed at night or the voices in your house go during the daytime? Are they like nocturnal animals that hide out somewhere during the day and come out at night?

its not a newbish question at all, its actually a great question!! and even if it was a newbish one, everyone has to learn from somewhere......... :wave:
Death may be the greatest of all human blessings. -Socrates-The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance. -Socrates-

#9 petunia4998

petunia4998

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 05 June 2006 - 03:15 PM

Spirits are around us all the time and everywhere. Spirits are not at all like humans and don't abide by the laws of physics. They exist in another plane, or dimension. Not everyone who dies a violent death becomes a ghost, but everyone who is a ghost will sometime cease to be trapped here and will return home.

As was well stated before, the key to noticing spirits has to do with your sensitivity. Most people are more sensitive at night because they are winding down and there is less clutter on their minds. But spirits can be seen at any and all times of the day.

Ghosts, on the other hand are quite different; they do not have the ability to go wherever and whenever they want. I have also heard that they use moisture to help them materialize and that's why they're more visible at night, but I know they can appear in the daytime. I don't know what the difference is.
petunia4998

#10 thesameones

thesameones

Rude and Crude

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 05 June 2006 - 07:05 PM

That thinking has never occured to me, as by my experience spirit energy is every where, all the time. I think I have more day captures than night.

#11 jakob493

jakob493

Very greedy and not happy with just one tag

• PipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 05 June 2006 - 07:16 PM

Spirits are around us all the time and everywhere. Spirits are not at all like humans and don't abide by the laws of physics. They exist in another plane, or dimension. Not everyone who dies a violent death becomes a ghost, but everyone who is a ghost will sometime cease to be trapped here and will return home.

As was well stated before, the key to noticing spirits has to do with your sensitivity. Most people are more sensitive at night because they are winding down and there is less clutter on their minds. But spirits can be seen at any and all times of the day.

Ghosts, on the other hand are quite different; they do not have the ability to go wherever and whenever they want. I have also heard that they use moisture to help them materialize and that's why they're more visible at night, but I know they can appear in the daytime. I don't know what the difference is.

Petunia4998, I'm assuming by the term "ghost" in the third paragraph you are referring to a residual haunting, correct? (being a non-intelligent, non-interactive psychic impression left on the physical plane) I was just wondering, since these terms are used interchangably and can get confusing at times. :-)

#12 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 05 June 2006 - 08:40 PM

When a place is haunted it is haunted 24/7. The ghosts don't always show themselves all the time whether at night or during the day. The huge difference is that people are more "in tune" at night than they are during the day to the paranormal. If you were walking down the street in any city in the US, would you be terrified of getting killed and eaten by a lion? Most likely not but if you were in Africa that becomes a more realistic possiblity if you are not careful. We are conditioned from a very early age that the night is the scary time. This is when all the good ghost stories are told, Freddy, Jason and of course little Mikey Myers all attack and kill at night. The house is usually much quieter at night due to people sleeping plus there isn't as much activity outside normally. You hear the bumps and creeks much better. Now when you have a paranormal experience during the day you may blow it off more easily but at night you pay more attention.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#13 willnyc

willnyc

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 05 June 2006 - 11:06 PM

So there are ghosts that have to stay within a fixed area and there are ghosts that wandering around the world freely? So the places were there are ghosts confined to the area is haunted so what about the ghosts that may walk freely, do they 'haunt' anything or are they just like walking around exploring the world?

#14 TKE448

TKE448

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 04:59 PM

Well, I'll throw my .02 cents in on this one. In response to the number of spirits/ghosts/entities walking around in NYC, it is my "belief" (note that it is a belief) that even in cases of violent demise, that there are actually more spirits that cross over than stay behind. If that wasn't the case, then nearly everywhere would simply be crawling with activity becuase just about everywhere you go, someone has already died there...Even though my comment here may be something that belongs more in the religious section, I have a theory concerning spirits/ghosts, etc. and the realm of religion (especially from a Christian perspective)....
A Drifter is only a poet with wings, he moves but he can't learn to fly, running in footsteps ahead of his time, with no one to see if he cries. Doyle Lawson & QuicksilverPosted ImagePosted Image

#15 DarkPrincess

DarkPrincess

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Interests:Actually...A little bit of everything...I really love posting on GV and I enjoy the chat a lot also. Everyone has been just great! <br />If you have Yahoo or MSN ask me for ID :) feel free to PM me too.

Posted 06 June 2006 - 08:22 PM

Yep, the spirits in my house are active all the time. night and day. sometimes they seem to "rest" and we will have no activity for several days. Then one morning I might get up and see a shadow go out of my kitchen and through the door to the basement.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users