Cats and the paranormal

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#16 heavenlee

heavenlee

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting, psychic awareness, angels, mediums, old grave yards any graveyard.lol! I hate ufo paranormal it scares the jibes out of me.

Posted 06 July 2006 - 11:13 PM

My one year old used to pounce and bite and scratch while she did it. We recently got the second who is about 8 weeks now. She only pounces and the older cat. She leaves us people for when she wants people attention. Shes so funny shes a tiny lil thing witha very funny lil voice. She also has to share a bowl with the bigger one...although i got her own. Everytime lola tries to get a bite of food the kitten puts her paws in the way in a teasing way. Just for fun on the 4th we put those glow in the dark bracelets on them as collars and we sat on the bed watching them in the dark.. so much better than fireworks!
Dont be afraid of the dead its the living you should fear!Posted Image

#17 civilwarbuff

civilwarbuff

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Interests:making my crafts,love anything that has to do with american history.but mostly civil war.love to read ghost books.go to civil war battlefields.those are haunted to.so i get the history with the ghosts.

Posted 08 July 2006 - 03:14 PM

thats funny.i can just picture the glow in the dark collars.......meow! :kitty:
when sliding down the bannister of life, may the splinters never point the wrong way...an irish blessing.......may those that love us, love us, as for those that dont love us, may God turn their hearts.and if God cant turn their hearts, may God turn their ankles, so we will know them by their limp.

#18 snakebiteoftexas

snakebiteoftexas

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts
  • Interests:searching for haunted places as i drive cross country in my 18 wheeler with my lovely wife and meeting people to go ghost hunting with and playing fantasy sports

Posted 11 July 2006 - 11:55 PM

has anyone taken pics of what cats are staring at and gotten anything?
Posted ImageWWW.SOUTHERNSPIRITSEEKERSOCIETY.COM

#19 civilwarbuff

civilwarbuff

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Interests:making my crafts,love anything that has to do with american history.but mostly civil war.love to read ghost books.go to civil war battlefields.those are haunted to.so i get the history with the ghosts.

Posted 12 July 2006 - 03:59 PM

you mean when they stare at nothing?i was watching the discovery channel, they mentioned that
cats when they do this are just trying to process in their brains what has happened over the day.
i guess us humans we just thinks there bonkers for staring at nothing.
when sliding down the bannister of life, may the splinters never point the wrong way...an irish blessing.......may those that love us, love us, as for those that dont love us, may God turn their hearts.and if God cant turn their hearts, may God turn their ankles, so we will know them by their limp.

#20 girliegirlonline

girliegirlonline

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 06:44 PM

I own a black cat oddly enough named lucky. Anyway, he senses things at the same time as I do along with my two dogs too. Sometimes they all go crazy like they are scared of something. I never see anything there but get an eerie feeling when the dogs are growling at mid-air! I think all animals have the ability to see the things we humans can't. It's kind of cool to watch them as they seem to be attacking something we don't see. :hug: girliegirl

#21 snakebiteoftexas

snakebiteoftexas

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts
  • Interests:searching for haunted places as i drive cross country in my 18 wheeler with my lovely wife and meeting people to go ghost hunting with and playing fantasy sports

Posted 13 July 2006 - 09:52 PM

my cat not only stares she howls and jumps up on the wall after something
Posted ImageWWW.SOUTHERNSPIRITSEEKERSOCIETY.COM

#22 GhostCat

GhostCat

Certified husband trainer....guaranteed he won't track dirt

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts
  • Interests:Travelling New England by land and sea, local history, houses - as I am a real estate appraiser, I teach Special Education too, love all the kids I work with... they teach me too, lol, and add lots of smiles to my day....my cats, my goffin cockatoo parrot that is loud, smart and talkative, walking, bicycling, skiing, ice hockey, watching the Patriots, the Bruins and the Red Sox (Woo Hoo.. Fenway Painters..My sister and brother in laws business that paint the Park and my nephew that paints the famous "green monster") lighthouses, antiques, gardening, trying new restaurants, classic movies (love Cary Grant and Alfred Hitchcock), big band music, laughing and being around others that like to laugh, ghost stories - I love to hear other peoples experiences as I have so many to tell myself.

Posted 14 July 2006 - 06:31 PM

has anyone taken pics of what cats are staring at and gotten anything?

It is funny you mention this because I just started taking pics lately because of something that my cat saw.
Last week, my cat "Scaredy", yes that's his name, came into our computer room and hopped onto my lap then turned as if something got his attention behind my desk, my husband's desk is behind mine. Scaredy jumped onto my husband's chair, which is unusual because he does not like the feel of the leather chair. I turned and watched. Scaredy was frightened, he was staring at a floor lamp which has 3 lights behind my husband's desk. He was nervous and shaking his tail, I could not help but watch. Then, as Scaredy and myself watched, the 3 lights on the floor lamp all together at once went off and then on and off and then on. The regular light in the room was not effected. I took my camera and started taking pics of the lights, the room, inside the house, but nothing unusual came out. Scaredy sensed something and he is actually quite the sensitive cat, hence his name. Since then, he refuses to go near my husband's desk. I am ready with camera and watching my cats to see if they sense anything else. It would be interesting to capture what they are seeing...
"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."-- Robert A. Heinlein

#23 Satanic_Angel

Satanic_Angel

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 09:45 PM

This is interesting. My can does all of that, and also tries to get me to follow him. He is an Egyptian can... or shall I say a part-Egyptian. And has that specific Siamese meow. He is very quiet, but when he senses something he meow's as loud as he can. It happens a lot. Could it be that Egyptian breed cats have a stronger sense? I mean, they were sacred hundreds of years ago.

#24 Wakko

Wakko

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 03:50 PM

I had a deaf Turkish Angora who could sense when a spirit was in the house. Now I have always been a little sensitive to spirits since I was young. But back to the cat. Christopher would be sitting on the bed and all of a sudden look at the door way, now mind you he cant hear. When ever he did this I would look up from what ever I was doing and see a Shadow about 6 foot tall standing watching us. It never tried to do anthing just watched, then it would walk into to our computer room and disappear. Now this happened at least once a night. Christopher would stalk this spirit and try and get it but never caught it.

As for the 3am running around that is very normal for cats. I have 8 cats and they all get nuts early in the morning. I have trained most of our cats through the years that when we get in bed its time for them to go to sleep, but since I work graveyard they do get confused on when it is time for bed lol.

Hi there
Well I have always wondered about the relationship between cats and the paranormal..The problem is that we are exposed to so many movies that do not bring out the truth of the paranormal...mostly whatever information we get is distorted...Are cats related to Wicca alone and what about their importabce in Egyptian culture and religion???..what is the true legend and I wonder if anyone has seen the movie catwoman???
well the explanations given in the movie?? are they factual?? If anyone can help me out on this I wud very much appreciate it...I have always had doubts regarding the association of animals and the paranormal,since there are a bunch of misunderstandings as well...

#25 bardo

bardo

Would like to sit on the clouds and watch the world

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts
  • Interests:the world here and beyond...lol anything ghosty I don't watch very much tv but when i do it's shows like supernatural.<br />I love music ....going to concerts.....groups like the dropkickmurphys,floggingmollies,pogues, some old stuff like the clash and joe strummer. I just saw Bob Dylan and The Who .<br />I like just about anything but country I do love Johnny cash though!<br />I love walking my dogs and getting outside as much as possible .<br />I plan on living until I'm at least 150 .

Posted 22 July 2006 - 07:37 PM

Not only are cats sensitive they come back to visit after they're gone sometimes too.
I've never had the experience with any of my dogs but the last cat I had used to come back.
Although I couldn't see her she would purr around me and I would feel her jump up on my bed sometimes.
We didn't get to say goodbye when she died and I think she couldn't bare to leave me at first.
The visitations only happened for awhile.
Only once I saw a quick glimpse of black when I felt she was around.

I've talked to alot of cat owners about the experience and there seemed to be quite a few ppl. who have had the same thing happen.
Posted Image Dreams are today's answers to tomorrow's questions. Edgar Cayce

#26 Iam

Iam

Gotta be dead to get into heaven

• PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 06:36 AM

Cats have had relationships with humans for 8000 years.
Look at it this way!

On the first day of creation, God created the cat.... On the second day, God created man to serve the cat.... On the third day, God created all the animals of the earth to serve as potential food for the cat.... On the fourth day, God created honest toil so that man could labor for the good of the cat.... On the fifth day, God created the sparkle ball so that the cat might or might not play with it.... On the sixth day, God created veterinary science to keep the cat healthy and the man broke.... On the seventh day, God tried to rest, but He had to scoop the litterbox....
I am not advocating a morality based on evolution. I am saying how things have evolved. I am not saying how we humans morally ought to behave. Let us try to teach generosity and altruism, because we are born selfish. Let us understand what our own selfish genes are up to, because we may then at least have a chance to upset their designs, something that no other species has ever aspired to do.

#27 Vivienne_DuBois

Vivienne_DuBois

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 06:54 AM

:clap:

#28 civilwarbuff

civilwarbuff

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 04:02 PM

you mean to say GOD was scooping the poop as i always say! :(

#29 xstarchild

xstarchild

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:everything

Posted 29 September 2006 - 10:50 AM

I've heard old folklores about how cats keep demons at bay. I believe it, I have 4 cats.
The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad.

#30 Night Star

Night Star

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, animals, reading, music, dragons, fairies, elves, being creative...

Posted 04 October 2006 - 06:40 PM

:ghost: I remember one of my cats once staring intently at something. when I traced where she was staring I saw the teeniest tiny little bug! I had to laugh. And here I thought we might've had a spirit or something. LOL
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users