Cats and the paranormal

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#31 Lilli

Lilli

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 09:30 AM

I actually just stumbled apon this forum while i was looking for info on the link between cats and the paranormal. I know off the top of my head that egyptians have worshiped cats and were burried with their kings as protection from the underworld. i may be way off but thats the random facts ive picked up from this or that throughout my life. anyways its fairly dumb of me but ive got a huge irrqational fear of the paranormal. im some what of a scaredy cat with stuff like that. even though i do believe their not harmfull just spirits wandering the earth unable to pass on to.. whatever they pass to. but i've always told myself when i have issues sleeping that if i was in danger my cats would warn me and protect me. which is odd to say really. people always try to protect their animal friends but not many think that their animals would protect them.......sept guard dogs. anyways i wanted to validate my protectors. But yes it's often been believed that felines .. and i suppose dogs too. have some strange connection to our world and other worlds. ever had your pets freak before something big. like earthquakes.

Its funny my husbands got 3 cats who have bonded closely to. and the quiet independent one who usually doesnt curl up with me is headbutting the laptop and purring and asking for love. lol she knows im talking bout them. anyways back to topic. i believe cats are intune with the paranormal

#32 GiaCat21

GiaCat21

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Interests:I love to sleep!!! I also enjoy reading, some of my favorite authors would be Stephen King, Anne Rice, and Edgar Allen Poe. My favorite tv shows are Ghost Hunters, America's Most Haunted, I Shouldn't be Alive, anything on the Discovery Health Channel, Myth Busters, Desperate Houswives, Grey's Anatomy, House, American Idol, Trading Spouses, The Simpsons, Family Guy, King of the Hill. But I obviously don't watch any tv. I also enjoy making new, pretty medic alert braclets, and earrings.

Posted 07 November 2007 - 09:35 PM

Stella is very much in tune with me... Seriously, lately I'e been wondering if we were together in a past life (no laughing...). We just have so much of a connection and it is only me... Yesterday I was in awful pain with my head and she was all the way upstairs and she came running down to my spot, and forced her way under my covers and snuggled... Not only that but she let me cry on her...

She does chase things that I can't see but honestly I think she just has Tourette's Syndrome (she has plently of what I like to call "tics"). There have been a couple of occasions where she was sitting at the top of the stairs staring at the closet door, then she suddenly bolted down the stairs and leaped into the door (must've hurt). Once I was on the couch in the living room, and she actually jumped from the "cat walk" on the 2nd floor on the couch.. I don't know if she saw something or if she was just happy to see me... I just know that it scared me half to death....
Alexa
Love life.

#33 meanderer

meanderer

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 11:07 AM

I personally believe that animals in general are able to perceive things that humans cannot, but also that cats in particular are more...oh, what's the word I'm looking for...they're better able to feel things like emotions, or disturbances around them.

Of course, if you've ever seen the Far Side cartoon (oh, how I miss that!), there was one comic that pretty much sums it up: It shows an woman, sitting in a chair. Behind her, two dogs are sitting, looking at a closet door. One dog says to the other one, something like, "You wanna have some fun? Let's just stare at the door and start barking". It's much funnier with the drawing, but I can't find it.
Beannacht ort

#34 Gherick

Gherick

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 06:24 PM

It's been proven that animals have a different set of light receptors based on the species. Cats have much better night vision, like deer do. They can see well into the ultra violets, a spectrum we can't see ourselves. Even snakes have heat based vision, with the aid of their tongues, can sense warm objects from long distances.

Experienced and wise hunters will use non bleach, non color safe detergents that have flourocites in them because the deer will see the hunter from miles away, lit up like a beacon. They usually have a black light to test new detergent products... if there is some glow under the black light, you will have a real hard time staying hidden from deer. This is an example... a human wearing the chemical will catch and magnify the UV in the pre-morning hours. They look like walking search lights.

Cats have this vision too and yes, they see without a doubt far more than we do. And their sight is far more sensitive than even a FLIR based device that we use to... you guessed it, detect temperature changes in the air that herald a spiritual presence.

If you want to test this, go get a infrared remote and wait for your cat to sleep. Unplug the device it controls, point it at your cats eyes from about four feet away, and press some buttons. The changing patterns that we cannot see will wake your cat, usually. Some cats are heavy sleepers though, so it's not 100 percent reliable on every animal, though it works more often than not. Hehehe, I have my cat chase the IR beam too, like a red dot on the wall people like to play with with laser pointers. Makes a great conversation piece, cause it looks like the cat is chasing nothing. :)

#35 Roshie

Roshie

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 12:54 PM

Hello all, some knowledge i have learned about the early morning activity has in part to do with jesus's time of death which was 3pm. From that point on the spirits/demonic forces proclaimed 3 am as their time of power.

I have a 3 month old siamese blue point. A minor story when i was younger living at my grandparents place i would be the only one home and downstairs watching tv or playing nintendo,
i would hear footsteps up stairs, i would check it out but nobody was there it freaked me out of course but eventually it was all good .. this was many yrs ago now..

#36 mooboo

mooboo

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Interests:Alternative medicines,acupuncture,animals,animal rescue,marine life, herbs,occult,japan,china,vietnam,uk,italy,rock music,horror,sci-fi,thriller,drama,historic,fun;tv,cartoons,books,movies.<br />Etc,etc

Posted 14 April 2009 - 04:58 PM

Holy thread ressurection Batman .
I think all animals re sensitvie to energy and spirits,but cats more so.They are a witches familiar for
a reason one would suppose.
Miss"We were just just picknicking friends"Knowledge speaks ,but wisdom listens~Jimi Hendrix

#37 Ike

Ike

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 11:11 AM

My spirit guide : Cat
My familiar : Cat

I've always been very connected with my cat Ruth, And shes always able to tell when theres a ghost in the house/around the house/ect. Her curiousity and brave sort of adventure into the paranormal activity that goes around our home and the bond made me choose her as my familiar.

Watching her chase around dead rats and mice would be kinda cute if the rodents hadn't been killed by poison.
Thats great taylor and Imma let you continue, but Ghostvillage is the best paranormal site of all time~<3

#38 MagickBones

MagickBones

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 04:12 PM

I always knew cats were special, that's why I love 'em so much!
Posted Image

#39 thedragonwalker

thedragonwalker

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Interests:Psychic abilities, empathic abilites, psychometry, Tarot.<br /><br />

Posted 19 January 2010 - 07:13 PM

I always knew cats were special, that's why I love 'em so much!

Cats are made of energy. :) They take up the patches of sun on the carpet (sun/heat is energy), every time you try to concentrate on a project or reading a book or something, they put themselves *right* where you're focusing.
And when I do tarot readings, my cats get on the bed with me and lay around (but never *on* the cards). This is why I think cats are familiars, involved in the paranormal, and are generally good about keeping ghosts and other such beings away... they are attracted to energy!

Edited by thedragonwalker, 19 January 2010 - 07:13 PM.

"I Aim to Misbehave" - Capt. Malcom Reynolds, Serenity "A Witch is Always a Lady, Unless Circumstances Dictate Otherwise" - Eglantine Price, Bedknobs and Broomsticks

#40 BringOnTheGhosts

BringOnTheGhosts

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 09:04 PM

I've never seen catwoman, neither am I educated about Wicca and other historic cat myths. I believe in general animals tend to be more sensitive to the paranormal than we are, not just cats, but dogs and other animals as well. Of course it's weird when you feel a cold breeze behind you and you see your cats eyes dart all over the room at an unseen source, but I don't think it has anything to do with their history,

Just my opinion, I could be completely wrong though.
One bright day in the middle of the night,Two dead boys got up to fight,Back to back they faced each other,Drew their swords and shot each other,A deaf policeman heard the noise,And went to save those two dead boys,If you donít believe itís true,Ask the blind man he saw it too.

#41 mH1030

mH1030

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 02:08 AM

i also am a believer that cats can sense things that humans cannot. recently, two things occurred that make me believe that even more:

i visited mount carmel cemetery, home to a lot of "infamous" individuals on two different occasions. during my last visit there i experienced some very strong negative sensations and had a variety of strange occurrences happen following the visit. two of those incidents involved my cats. one was fairly simple, which others have discussed in this thread, which is that when i got home that night, my cats were acting crazier than usual, so it appeared. it could have just been my imagination since i was already freaked out from my experience, but it just seemed as if they were acting nuttier than usual (i.e. jumping at the walls, looking around wildly, running about like crazy, staring at "nothing" behind me, etc). another incident happened one morning while i was home alone. my alarm had awoken me and i was relaxing in bed for a little bit before i had to get up for the day. my eyes were closed but i was almost fully awake. i heard one of my cats come into my room and meow really loud. all of a sudden i heard a loud crash... several items from the shelf in my closet had fallen out onto the floor. these items were not teetering on the edge of the shelf, or stacked improperly that would warrant a fall, but it happened, and i found it strange how my cat meowed just before it happened. she was not involved with the fall (i.e. jumping up on the shelf and knocking things down)... she was sitting on the floor when it happened, and there is no way she could have gotten even close to getting on that shelf. two small instances, but both sort of validated this belief for me.

also, whenever i cry or am upset about something or sick, they always run to my aid. <3

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users