Kankakee Area

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#16 Illinois Paranormal Societ

Illinois Paranormal Societ

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 04:09 AM

I lived and grew up in Kankakee - I actually live in Bradley now and found this site looking for history on the house i bought last year. as i type this, i just heard children's footsteps directly above me, but as i figured one of my kids was awake, i went from my basement to the upstairs floor and they are all 3 sound asleep. my middle daughter avery is 3 and keeps telling my wife an i about a little boy and girl in her room, and now refuses to sleep in her room without the lite on... not just a nite light either, the main light. her younger sister morgan is 2 and also gets woke up quite often. anyways... Kankakee itself is pretty quiet for the most part. Manteno is creepy as can be... currently known as Diversatech, the old Manteno Psych Hospital is a breeding ground for nasties. Also, right off of route 50 - the old whore house on the east side of the road (just as you go north into town from Bourbonnais) has some stories... I can attest to sounds of children and kittens both. The house is now abandoned.. but it certainly is creepy. Watseka is another big hot spot. on the north side of town across from the grade school, there is a small house that has a little boy who frequents it. The child supposedly died, and the mother hung herself because of it. Several people that have moved in quickly leave. The book called "Watseka" tells of a family, i think named Feller or something similar, that had a tragic story.. it is based on a true story and the family is still quite a big part of the area. There are several houses that you can visit in Watseka that raise the hair on your whole body... not just your neck. Not far out of town was a Capone hideout too that has been said to be a fun place to watch. well.. thats a little about kankakee. i know where the wilmington haunted house is as well as a few more here in bradley... 1 main one supposedly on top of an indian burial ground... bad juju and the house is REALLY creepy inside.. i was friends with the family for a long time. well, if you have questions or insite, please let me know! thanks! Bill

Bill,

Please email me - illinoisparanormal@yahoo.com
I am the original poster of this thread. I havent been on here since 2006 and had to make a new name. I also live in Kankakee and would like to speak with you.

thanks

#17 920erikk

920erikk

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 05:01 PM

I lived and grew up in Kankakee - I actually live in Bradley now and found this site looking for history on the house i bought last year. as i type this, i just heard children's footsteps directly above me, but as i figured one of my kids was awake, i went from my basement to the upstairs floor and they are all 3 sound asleep. my middle daughter avery is 3 and keeps telling my wife an i about a little boy and girl in her room, and now refuses to sleep in her room without the lite on... not just a nite light either, the main light. her younger sister morgan is 2 and also gets woke up quite often. anyways... Kankakee itself is pretty quiet for the most part. Manteno is creepy as can be... currently known as Diversatech, the old Manteno Psych Hospital is a breeding ground for nasties. Also, right off of route 50 - the old whore house on the east side of the road (just as you go north into town from Bourbonnais) has some stories... I can attest to sounds of children and kittens both. The house is now abandoned.. but it certainly is creepy. Watseka is another big hot spot. on the north side of town across from the grade school, there is a small house that has a little boy who frequents it. The child supposedly died, and the mother hung herself because of it. Several people that have moved in quickly leave. The book called "Watseka" tells of a family, i think named Feller or something similar, that had a tragic story.. it is based on a true story and the family is still quite a big part of the area. There are several houses that you can visit in Watseka that raise the hair on your whole body... not just your neck. Not far out of town was a Capone hideout too that has been said to be a fun place to watch. well.. thats a little about kankakee. i know where the wilmington haunted house is as well as a few more here in bradley... 1 main one supposedly on top of an indian burial ground... bad juju and the house is REALLY creepy inside.. i was friends with the family for a long time. well, if you have questions or insite, please let me know! thanks! Bill

Hey!! New here. I live in Kankakee, but originally from Wilmington. Can you tell me where the haunted house is there? Thanks, Erik

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users