• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 TAPS

TAPS

Not a real member of T.A.P.S.!

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 04:31 PM

Anyone have any info about haunted places or paranormal happenings in the Kankakee County area?

#2 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,368 posts
  • Interests:Art

Posted 04 June 2006 - 04:53 PM

Haunted Railroad Tracks - It has been said that there is a train track in the city of Kankakee where a bus full of children were hit by a train. Now, when you pass over the train tracks at night, you can hear children laughing. A few have even been brave enough to stop their cars on the tracks and turn the car off, and they will hear the sounds of a train coming, and their car will slowly move from the tracks as though someone were pushing it to safety. Some who have tried this have sworn that there were small handprints on their cars afterward.
Check out my artwork at:http://www.jimdemick.com/
and on Facebook
Posted Image https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Art-of-Jim-Demick/261669903877527

Posted ImagePosted Image

"There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#3 TAPS

TAPS

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 05:05 PM

We have heard of that one also. Unfortunately nobody knows where the tracks are.

#4 Robert Hawkins

Robert Hawkins

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 06:46 PM

This is an old urban legend. this same story is repeated in areas all around the US. there are 3 that i know of in illinois alone, that have the same exact story, same details and everything. the original story that started this urban legend was started in san antonio texas. you can find posts about it all over the internet. so please dont pay this story much attention for it is only a many times repeated urban legend.

#5 TAPS

TAPS

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 06:58 PM

Yeah I figured that much. It was just so vague and nobody really knew any details or specifics. Thanks again!

#6 rigormortis

rigormortis

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Interests:Hunting,Race cars,drawing & My family

Posted 06 June 2006 - 12:29 AM

Never heard of that county.

#7 TAPS

TAPS

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 03:12 PM

Never heard of that county.

its about 45mins south of chicago

#8 Stretch

Stretch

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 11:19 AM

BAD_WORD! this is a crazy day! I stumbled onto some jazz about my town laporte totally by chance, and I saw the kankakee thing and instantly thought of those tracks, read the thread and oh look, someone else noted. I'm not sure where they're at but I've been there years ago, I used to have a few friends who were deep into this beat but it wasnt ever my thing, yeah, we went there to burn a loooong time ago and stopped the car, and like nothing happened. I think all this jibbrish originated from some BAD_WORD that everyone saw on unsolved mysteries a long time ago, but yeah, I was there! and it was quite boring! :ghost:

there is however a place in indiana called gravity hill that if you park your car and put it in neutral, you'll roll uphill, and it's near railroad tracks, dunno why that's relevant, but hey, I'm known for my irrelevance :) yeah, ppl say that's a haunted place but it's just a geographic anomoly like that crap at museums or something....or is it? *bum bum BUMMMMMM* haha peece out

#9 Frogbat

Frogbat

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 09:24 AM

I'm in Joliet myself and I've never heard of any hauntings in Kankakee (of course there's the railroad tracks- but the same legend has been said about the tracks in New Lenox where a car of kids were killed in the 80s and the tracks in Mokena, where nothing has happened to my knowledge). I seem to recall hearing about a haunted house in Wilmington, but nothing confirmed or even an actual location, and on one website I found a report that an old man beaten to death has been seen walking along the Kankakee River there. There are a couple of spots in Frankfort that are supposedly haunted- the Lincoln Motel and the Frankfort Cemetery. That should only be about a 15 minute drive or so on I-57. Oh, and the Intersection of I-57 and Flossmoor Road in Coutry Club Hills was the site of a double murder in 1973 and the apparitions of the couple supposedly have been seen trying to flag down cars. Those are about the closest to you that I can find, hope it helps.

Froggy
Knowledge is power. Power corrupts.Study hard. Be evil.Posted Image

#10 snakebiteoftexas

snakebiteoftexas

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts
  • Interests:searching for haunted places as i drive cross country in my 18 wheeler with my lovely wife and meeting people to go ghost hunting with and playing fantasy sports

Posted 14 July 2006 - 05:35 PM

dont know area really well but if i was that close to chicago id be at ressurction cemtery
Posted ImageWWW.SOUTHERNSPIRITSEEKERSOCIETY.COM

#11 Frogbat

Frogbat

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 03:34 AM

dont know area really well but if i was that close to chicago id be at ressurction cemtery

LOL The only problems with that are 1) Nobody knows Mary's real name, so exactly where in the cemetery (or even if) her grave is located (it's also gated and locked at night), and 2) Archer Avenue, where Mary appears, is a VERY busy street. Bachelor's Grove in Midlothian is a better bet, and it's supposed to be alot more haunted.
Knowledge is power. Power corrupts.Study hard. Be evil.Posted Image

#12 leslie_dragonlvr

leslie_dragonlvr

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,396 posts
  • Interests:Enjoying life, again.<br />Anything paranormal, mostly spiritography and spirit communication.<br />The wilderness, traveling, historical places and a beach.<br />All that involves my heart and soul.

Posted 20 July 2006 - 12:14 PM

Medicus, my daughter Kellie, a friend of Medicus', Matt and I went to Bachlor's Grove on July 10th and on the 17th. We just returned yesterday.
The experience was absoulutely awesome! It is very active! Without Medicus giving any details as to where Capone had bodies dumped there, my daughter pointed out that there are about 10 bodies dumped in the lagoon there. She saw a man being pulled with rope, half dead and being dragged to the cemetary to be disposed of. I will be posting the whole story soon. It was a great investigation!

Edited by leslie_dragonlvr, 20 July 2006 - 12:15 PM.

Greg - You and no other - Forever and Always! Gv ge yu!

#13 Medicus

Medicus

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Interests:was naive and belived now skeptic.

Posted 20 July 2006 - 01:56 PM

:clap: Oh yes it was very interesting.

#14 Sweetspirit4ever

Sweetspirit4ever

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 08:00 PM

You can google Mantino mental hospital. That's near Kankakee. My sil works in a bank that was once apart of the Mental Hospital. She cleans at night, and doors shut by themselves, and the bell on the tower goes off once in a while. She says it's pretty creepy.
Posted Image

#15 billb78

billb78

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 12:22 AM

I lived and grew up in Kankakee - I actually live in Bradley now and found this site looking for history on the house i bought last year. as i type this, i just heard children's footsteps directly above me, but as i figured one of my kids was awake, i went from my basement to the upstairs floor and they are all 3 sound asleep. my middle daughter avery is 3 and keeps telling my wife an i about a little boy and girl in her room, and now refuses to sleep in her room without the lite on... not just a nite light either, the main light. her younger sister morgan is 2 and also gets woke up quite often. anyways... Kankakee itself is pretty quiet for the most part. Manteno is creepy as can be... currently known as Diversatech, the old Manteno Psych Hospital is a breeding ground for nasties. Also, right off of route 50 - the old whore house on the east side of the road (just as you go north into town from Bourbonnais) has some stories... I can attest to sounds of children and kittens both. The house is now abandoned.. but it certainly is creepy. Watseka is another big hot spot. on the north side of town across from the grade school, there is a small house that has a little boy who frequents it. The child supposedly died, and the mother hung herself because of it. Several people that have moved in quickly leave. The book called "Watseka" tells of a family, i think named Feller or something similar, that had a tragic story.. it is based on a true story and the family is still quite a big part of the area. There are several houses that you can visit in Watseka that raise the hair on your whole body... not just your neck. Not far out of town was a Capone hideout too that has been said to be a fun place to watch. well.. thats a little about kankakee. i know where the wilmington haunted house is as well as a few more here in bradley... 1 main one supposedly on top of an indian burial ground... bad juju and the house is REALLY creepy inside.. i was friends with the family for a long time. well, if you have questions or insite, please let me know! thanks! Bill

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users