39 replies to this topic

#16 Magrathea82

Magrathea82

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Interests:reading, writing, ghost hunting

Posted 05 June 2006 - 09:44 PM

Ummm, Y2K went out when 2000/2001 came around. The world did NOT come to an end, the computers did NOT go back to 1900, which I don't see how they could since computers weren't AROUND in 1900.
When life throws you a fast one, either duck or catch

#17 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 06 June 2006 - 09:32 AM

hmmmmm...well, it's 6/6/06 and the wolds is still spinning around...The sun came up like it always does and we are still here in gv. Hmmmmm....now I have to wonder when the next time is that the world will end on a special day? It is ridiculous.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#18 Justa

Justa

Champion YMCA dancer and professional spaghetti nose shooter

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,497 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 09:40 AM

6 June 2006 is no different from 6 June 1996, 6 June 2026, etc etc. People just play with the numbers to make whatever kind of fantastic statements they can come up with.

Now, on a more serious note, who do I sue? I quit my job yesterday assuming I wouldn't have to report today, and now I have some major kissing up to do :clap:
Posted Image

#19 DarkPrincess

DarkPrincess

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Interests:Actually...A little bit of everything...I really love posting on GV and I enjoy the chat a lot also. Everyone has been just great! <br />If you have Yahoo or MSN ask me for ID :) feel free to PM me too.

Posted 06 June 2006 - 10:37 AM

6 June 2006 is no different from 6 June 1996, 6 June 2026, etc etc. People just play with the numbers to make whatever kind of fantastic statements they can come up with.

Now, on a more serious note, who do I sue? I quit my job yesterday assuming I wouldn't have to report today, and now I have some major kissing up to do :clap:

LOL Just another day on GV.
Posted Image

#20 Chimera

Chimera

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 11:15 AM

another number to scare people and a tool to spread the doomsayers beliefs.

#21 evad_83647

evad_83647

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts
  • Interests:Military, parnormal, UFO's. I am an author, photographer and mechanic.

Posted 06 June 2006 - 12:21 PM

Justa maybe we can do a class action lawsuit since I spent all my money and quit my job in preparation for the end ofthe world. lol

Spooks when is you next end of the world party? I still have that box of wine they wouldn't take it back.
Once I get there, there is somewhere else.Is it the beginning of the end or the end of the beginning?

#22 Yosei

Yosei

Thinks bats and skeletons are.....CUTE?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 01:22 PM

Some friends of mine are getting married. :D
"I could die a thousand times, but I'll always be here..."---Rozz Williams"It's not the sound of a new generation, it is the noise of a degenerate nation...the Nightmare of the American Dream..."---DomianaNeed gifts for goths? Handmade jewelry, clothing, porcelain & more! http://www.accentuateyourlook.com

#23 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 06 June 2006 - 01:28 PM

Well, I suppose we all could have any amount of endless fun creating outrageous and silly 'predictions' about 6/6/06. I already did so. :D

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#24 dan_nwmps

dan_nwmps

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 07:50 PM

Some friends of mine are getting married.

maybe HE will remember his aniversary :)
"Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open."Lord Thomas DewarPosted Image

#25 Juniper

Juniper

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Interests:i love food.

Posted 06 June 2006 - 08:20 PM

the day has come and already gone ...... the worst thing was i had alcohol class. That was the evil extent of the day for me!!! I was pretty sure this wouldn't happen. :) but it would have made for interesting conversation.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#26 Empathetical

Empathetical

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 02:09 AM

hehe personally dont beleive in it all, although most of my friends do.
Its nice toget original oppinions and a hot post thread >:)
Well something did happen however. We has a whole school assmebly. ICK.

#27 DukeofBoogie

DukeofBoogie

Did the Time Warp at his wedding!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,274 posts
  • Interests:The Paranormal, Rock music, Movies, History (Especially the American Civil War), and spending time with my wife and daughter.

Posted 08 June 2006 - 05:52 AM

I made it a point to listen to Iron Maiden's Number of The Beast. Other than that it was just another day.

The next doomsday I heard about is December 12 something. Crud! I can't remember the year. It's the day that the Mayan calender stops.
http://www.facebook....59567008?v=wallhttp://www.cdbaby.co...eblackriverboyshttp://www.zoarcivilwar.com/In great deeds something abides. On great fields something stays.....Spirits linger, to consecrate ground for the vision place of souls. And reverent men and women from afar, and generations that know us not and that we know not of, heart-drawn to where and by whom great things were suffered and done for them, shall come to this deathless field, to ponder and dream; and lo! The shadow of a mighty presence shall wrap them in its bosom, and the power of the vision pass into thier soles.-Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

I've been hit byPosted Image mrsspookypants

#28 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,364 posts
  • Interests:Art

Posted 08 June 2006 - 06:13 AM

Like in the movie the Omen. Damion has a set of three 6's, the mark of the beast. Not a set of three 6's and a zero.
Check out my artwork at:http://www.jimdemick.com/
and on Facebook
Posted Image https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Art-of-Jim-Demick/261669903877527

Posted ImagePosted Image

"There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#29 jakob493

jakob493

Very greedy and not happy with just one tag

• PipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 08:55 AM

I made it a point to listen to Iron Maiden's Number of The Beast. Other than that it was just another day.

The next doomsday I heard about is December 12 something. Crud! I can't remember the year. It's the day that the Mayan calender stops.

I thought I heard somewhere that the next doomsday is supposed to be June 12 this year or something. So I guess I got a few more days to live :wow:

#30 Karra

Karra

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Interests:[X]Ghosts<br />[X]Spirits<br />[X]Cemeteries<br />[X]Japanese<br />[X]Gypsies<br />[X]Magic

Posted 08 June 2006 - 10:56 AM

Ummm, Y2K went out when 2000/2001 came around. The world did NOT come to an end, the computers did NOT go back to 1900, which I don't see how they could since computers weren't AROUND in 1900.

Actually, the reason Y2K was thought of, was because of 2000 coming up, people believed that computers couldn't go up to 2000, because people believed manufactures of computers didn't set computers up to go past the 20th century, and not the 21st century.

So... it could have happened, technically, and it would have been quite a mess, because I do remember that it did happen to some computers, my Grandfather's went back to 1986. That was because it was so old I don't think it ever had the right date to began with, but, oh well. It was a superstition and something that could have happened... heh. ^.^ Just thought I'd share.

---------------------------------6-6-06----------------------------------------
Well, on that day! Guess what I did? ^.^ I went to Six Flags Great America! Wh00t! Look at me go! I went on the Batman and I went to Hurrican Harbor and I avoided all the creepy dude in tights (Batman, Superman, aka Gay-men)... and I got kind of bored. o.O I also went home and slept four hours straight! wh00t! The only thing bad for me was that I forgot my sun tan lotion... though, I don't tan or burn. Heh.

-Karra, Over and Out

Oh! I nearly forgot. XD The reason they said the world would end, because the clocks going back may send computers slowing and running down. The world is and was nearly completely ruled by the computer, or tech, and it would nearly end the world as people knew and know it... so... I believe they meant the world "ending" as all the world ending in a way they knew it. XD

"There is no noise in my ears. There is no breath hin my lungs, even the slight mewl that had once was pushed out of my lungs has dissapeared. My paws are cold, and they do not move. My eyes are closed and they will not open. I cannot see. I cannot hear. I cannot think straight... where am I? And then it seems to come so quickly, I fear the result, but the words are here... I hear them sifting over me;I am dead."Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users