39 replies to this topic

#31 Magrathea82

Magrathea82

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Interests:reading, writing, ghost hunting

Posted 08 June 2006 - 03:31 PM

The next year to have the world end is 2012, I think. December something, 2012.
When life throws you a fast one, either duck or catch

#32 jakob493

jakob493

Very greedy and not happy with just one tag

• PipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 04:15 PM

ohh. thats what i was thinking of.

#33 juliet_keller

juliet_keller

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,841 posts
  • Interests:Nursing, Softball, Kids, and My Man

Posted 08 June 2006 - 06:10 PM

I'm probably getting this all backwards considering I was just rearranging furniture in my daughters room and banged the heck out of my noggin'! (*Feeling kinda dizzy, decided to sit a spell on GV and type a little till my whits came back....LOL!!) So, but don't totally qoute me on this because I could be wrong but from what I understand we are in the year of the Cesterline (bad spelling) calander, but according to older times the calander fell under the Julienied (another really bad spelling error) Calander now according to the Julienied calaneder if I am not mistaken there was an 11 days difference, so in coming to pass of the day 6-6-06 this year actually has no bering or meaning, because of those who do celebrate that day or who it does have meaning to it would have been celebrated on 5-27-06. Thanks Julie
You know our love was meant to be, the kind of love that lasts foreverAnd I want you here with, from tonight until the end of time,You're the meaning in my life, You're the inspiration,You bring feeling to my life, You're the inspiration,No one needs you more than I need you...You're the Inspiration~ChicagoI Love You, Baby!Julie and Dave are "The Spirit Stalkers of Ohio"www.thespiritstalkersofohio.webs.comCome see what we are all about, our galleries of evidence, and we would love for you to sign our guest book!

#34 feusurlaneige

feusurlaneige

Not a very good "ghost" detective!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 07:53 PM

If you are ever worried about specific dates like this just check to see if I have posted anything that day. Downunder we reach that date first so if I am missing you know something did happen that day :Spaz:

#35 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 09 June 2006 - 11:25 AM

Mayan Calendar ends in 2012. We will have another y2k crisis in 2038 for any computer still running on a 32 bit CPU. And I have a strong feeling the Second Coming (ie after all the destruction) will be on an April 6.

One note to ponder: did anyone bother looking up when 06/06/2006 would occur according to the Julian Calendar (the calendar in effect when John received the Revelation)? At the Council of Trent (1563), 10 days were added to the current date, as well as changing the way leap years are calculated (old: 1 in 4 years are leap years; new: 97 in 400 years are leap years).

EDIT: I forgot to mention that the Julian Calendar began on 22 March while the Gregorian Calendar changed that to 1 January. Hence, the 6th day of the 6th month would be August 27.

Edited by aloha_spirit, 09 June 2006 - 11:30 AM.

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#36 petunia4998

petunia4998

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 01:08 PM

Why do you feel so strongly that the second coming will be on that date, Aloha?
petunia4998

#37 Axman

Axman

Chainsaws are better......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 09 June 2006 - 01:38 PM

I still feel the number relates to the Roman empire. The first beast with seven heads is the Roman empire, the ten horns represents the empires power. The crowns or diadems are a representation of the many heads of state or men in power.

In Rev 13:16-18 of the King James version (which is the clearest account of the number) it states...

16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to recieve a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads. (I interpret this to mean a paper with the number placed in the hand, or a memory of the number, kinda like Social Security numbers here in the U.S.A. The number given would be prefixed or suffixed by the 616 or 666,. Verse 17 backs this up!)

17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the number of the beast, or the number of his name. (Possibly a trade permit of sorts.)

18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six. (I believe it was a number issued by the Roman emperor and this is the man the verse is referring to. John possibly wrote this to warn those not affiliated with the Romans to recognize the empire's followers.)

It's only my interpretation though!!! :)

Edited by Axman, 09 June 2006 - 01:39 PM.

Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#38 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 09 June 2006 - 02:02 PM

Why do you feel so strongly that the second coming will be on that date, Aloha?

6 April has already seen some significant events, so I think it would be fitting. According to my faith, Jesus was born on 6 April. That was also the date of his resurrection. And to top it off, that was the date my church was founded.

NOTE: Jesus being born and resurrected on 6 April is a matter of modern revelation and is not accepted by most Christians.

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#39 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 09 June 2006 - 02:51 PM

hmmm....still think folks missed the opportunity to make outlandish and silly 'predictions' just for fun.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#40 hauntedgirl23

hauntedgirl23

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 12:43 PM

I believe that 6/6/6 is just another day. But that is just my oppinion.
~Bre~~Watched Over by Rich: my deceased uncle.~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users