Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Photo

Signature Restrictions

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 mrsspookypants

mrsspookypants

Yep, she's THE GHOST....blame it ALL on her!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts
  • Interests:Scary things....

Posted 10 June 2006 - 08:26 AM

As GV continues to grow, we encounter new dilemmas each day.

With the addition of photos, etc, that people are using in their signatures, it can make navigating the boards rather difficult, as you have to scroll past all of the signatures.

The main focus should be on the contents of your posts. Therefore, we have decided to put into place a limit on the signature sizes. The limit should not exceed 520 px wide, by 270 px tall. Approx the same size as the signature below.

Any signatures deemed to be too large will be removed and the person responsible shall be advised to resize it.

Thanks for you understanding and cooperation.

Edited by Justa, 05 September 2009 - 09:02 AM.

#2 Grim Undertakings

Grim Undertakings

Voted most likely to be a janitor in Highschool

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 10:28 AM

;)

#3 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 13 June 2006 - 12:56 PM

An Enormous THANK YOU to the moderators for this decision. I belong to a couple of other web communities that the members have huge signatures. They have so much crap in their signatures that you don't really know where to look for the post. And what should be a short thread - only a few replies - is actually huge when you get into it. It's distracting and hard to read. I'm glad you are doing something about it here before it gets to be a real problem.
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#4 Grim Undertakings

Grim Undertakings

Voted most likely to be a janitor in Highschool

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 12:57 AM

But I really like my Salad Fingers avatar! :hug:

#5 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,396 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 14 June 2006 - 07:25 AM

We are not talking of the avatar Grim, but the signature.
Posted Image

#6 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 14 June 2006 - 07:37 AM

~you know...they do say that less is more! I lessened my signature too~hope it helped!
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#7 Justa

Justa

Champion YMCA dancer and professional spaghetti nose shooter

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,497 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 09:22 AM

We aren't asking anybody to change their avatars, or to get rid of the graphics in their signature blocks completely. We are just doing preventive maintenance at this point. Some sigs have gotten a little out of hand, and not intentionally. Some people are new to doing things, and were stacking items on top of each other. This was causing people to have to scroll a lot, unnecessarily, in order to get to the next post. When we saw this, we asked the people in question to change them, and we provided the technical know-how if they requested it. This also made us realize that if we didn't put restrictions in place, it has the potential to get out of hand. We looked at all kinds of possibilities, and finally came up with the dimensions that Spooky has laid out in her post.

I personally feel that signatures are a way of being individual, and having personality. They add spice to the forums. It lets the rest of us see what type of person you are (to an extent), and what kind of things you are into. So please, keep your individual sigs and spice them up how you want to, but please keep it within the parameters decided upon.

Also, for those of you who are new to using forums, if you look at the top of your screen when logged in you will see the words My Controls. Click on that, and on the screen it takes you to, on the bottom left you will see something that says Board settings. If you click on that you will be taken to a screen where you can choose to not view signatures at all, as well as other options.

Edited by Justa, 14 June 2006 - 09:27 AM.

Posted Image

#8 DarkPrincess

DarkPrincess

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Interests:Actually...A little bit of everything...I really love posting on GV and I enjoy the chat a lot also. Everyone has been just great! <br />If you have Yahoo or MSN ask me for ID :) feel free to PM me too.

Posted 16 June 2006 - 10:55 PM

Cool no problem, hope mine is alright :Spaz: if not I don't have a problem changing it
Posted Image

#9 jakob493

jakob493

Very greedy and not happy with just one tag

• PipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 10:08 PM

I've got short and simple signatures, I'd be glad to change them if necessary.

#10 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 20 June 2006 - 01:27 PM

Heck, almost everyone has a signature that is ok. There are just a few that pop up every so often that get a little crazy. It is cool.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#11 BellaRose

BellaRose

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • Interests:My SON (the Sunshine of my Life!!!!), Reading,<br />Bellydancing, My Pets, Sharing Information.<br /><br />ROSE &amp; THE TAROT<br />I have been studying the TAROT for 25+ years and have given readings to both the Famous and Non-Famous alike.<br />I have NEVER charged for a reading....<br />I studied extensively with Shekhinah Mountainwater<br />(1939-2007) from 1998 thru 2000. I was ordained as a Priestess in 1999.<br /><br /><br />QUIZILLA<br />CHECK OUT MY QUIZZES, POETRY, &amp; POLLS:<br />http://www.quizilla.com/users/6CentsRose/

Posted 13 November 2007 - 12:01 PM

Was wondering what the rules are on the Signatures?
I know that when I joined GV and placed my award in my signature, I was told immediately by Willow via email to reduce the size of my signature. So I did...having NO clue I had done anything wrong. But now I notice others with much larger signatures and no one seems to mind.

So whats the deal?
Are there specific dimensions the siggy should be?
Thanks for clarifying!
~Rose

#12 Justa

Justa

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,497 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 01:26 PM

This is a friendly reminder to all villagers.

Please check the size of your signatures against the guidelines that we have set. If they are too large, adjust them accordingly. If you require assistance, feel free to ask. If your signatures are too large, and you do not reduce them, then we will be forced to remove them from your profiles until you do adjust them.
Posted Image

#13 Justa

Justa

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,497 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 09:05 AM

I'm bumping this up for those of you who are unaware of the signature parameters.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users