• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#1 Caesar

Caesar

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 08 August 2004 - 11:01 AM

A few nights ago I was going to bed after a ruff day. I went to bed about 3am. I couldn't fall asleep but i was exhausted. then I kinda fell asleep. I woke up and felt as if someone was pushing me then as if someone picked me up and carried me I knre I was going threw some kinda sleep Paralysis but a few time I had questioned myself I didn't look because i was afraid I might see something. I couldn't move my body just my head. I couldn't talk. I could hear things kida like I was under water with some pops. I remember the wind blowing the window blinds and it making a big banging noise. then i felt as if someone was pouring a bucket of cold water on me. all of this happened in less then a minut but it felt like hours.

heres some stuff on sleep Paralysis
http://www.castleofs....com/sleep.html

#2 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,387 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 08 August 2004 - 11:04 AM

lol... you are taking me back to my nightmares buddy Mile ;D

There was a time of personal uncertainity that I have had almost 5-6 sleep paralysis experiencez in a matter fo days, which scares me to hell even today.
Posted Image

#3 Caesar

Caesar

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 08 August 2004 - 11:06 AM

This is my first time dealing with this,I talked and read so much about it,its funny that this happened to me ...lol

I just think its funny how I could help others and then it happening to me,I just find it ironic

#4 Holly

Holly

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 08 August 2004 - 01:01 PM

mile,

I thought sleep paralysis kept you in one place, as if pinned to the bed.

What you went through sounds more like a brief and uncompleted version of astral travel. Have you considered that at all? ;)
Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#5 Caesar

Caesar

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 08 August 2004 - 01:10 PM

Holly,

I was on my bed the hole time but it felt as if i was being carried across the room. like by my balances and stuff,kinda like a roller coster ride

do you think it could have been astral travel

#6 Holly

Holly

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 08 August 2004 - 01:15 PM

I really do....I think sleep paralysis does not give you that feeling of motion that you described. You feel restricted and confined...no freedom at all.

Your sense of moving really makes me think you were in astral travel mode. This maybe being your first time, it did not see its way through to completion, but the feelings you had suit the conditions.

Posted Image

#7 Caesar

Caesar

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 08 August 2004 - 01:17 PM

really,I never really tried it before,but I had NO control at all

#8 Holly

Holly

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 08 August 2004 - 01:23 PM

Right...but when you have more experience with it, you will have more and more control.

Your lack of control last evening is probably why the journey was incomplete. As you learn more about it, you'll be more self-assured and better able to handle it.

My son is quite active with astral travel. In fact, my dad comes for him takes him places he has never been in his life...places I lived in as a child.

So there's an idea, too - Are you in contact with your spirit guide, or do you have a deceased relative who visits? If so, ask for help. I think they'll offer you a sense of security so you're not frightened or feeling out of control. Then maybe your journey will continue.

Posted Image

#9 Caesar

Caesar

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 08 August 2004 - 01:26 PM

I have no spirit guide :'( that I know of

you should make a post of what you go threw and what happens when you do this,that would be really cool :)

#10 Holly

Holly

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 08 August 2004 - 01:41 PM

mile,

I believe we all have spirit guides...just have to contact them is all. There's a great little paperback out about how to find your spirit guide. It's so well written - I'll take a look for it and send you the title.

I will write up a post about my son's experiences. He's the one who visits astrally with my dad, and then comes back with all kinds of information he would not have known(He was a newborn when my dad passed, and although I tell him stories about my dad, the subject of my dad's
college ring has never come up. On his first visit with my dad, he came back with a perfect description. He noticed the ring as my dad rested his hand over his.)

Posted Image

#11 Caesar

Caesar

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 08 August 2004 - 01:44 PM

That post would be wild! ask him like what things sound like, in this encounter I heard things 10 times better as if I was under water

#12 Holly

Holly

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 08 August 2004 - 01:49 PM

I sure will ask him, mile. I expect I'll be talking with him tonight. In the meantime, let me see if I can find that book title for you.

Posted Image

#13 Holly

Holly

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 08 August 2004 - 01:59 PM

mile, here's a link to the book I mentioned. This link is for Llewellyn Publishing, which focuses on books of the paranormal. They sell on line as well as in stores. You can probably pick up a copy at B&N, which is where I got mine. :)

http://www.llewellyn...ook.php?pn=L008

Posted Image

#14 Caesar

Caesar

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 08 August 2004 - 02:01 PM

Grovey,I'll check it out.

Thanks

PS I'll be waiting for that post

#15 KalebKellum

KalebKellum

Villager

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Interests:Ghosthunting, all aspects of the paranormal and the occult. I love to read and write, Stephen King is my current favorite author. I enjoy cemetery photography, exploring old places, being a husband and a father.<br><br>I love ghosthunting here in New Orleans. There is something new and amazing to discover here everyday. The culture is like no other. I lived in New Orleans all my life and complained about it everyday. It took moving out of state to make me realize how much I love this city. Now I'm back in New Orleans and couldn't be happier.

Posted 08 August 2004 - 02:22 PM

WOW, I am so glad to know that I am not the only one that goes through this. I have probems with sleep paralysis at least 3 times a month, and it's been happening to me since I was 15 years old. At first it spooked the heck out of me, because I had no idea what was going on. I knew it wasn't a dream because I was totally awake and aware. I even watched the minutes click by on my desk clock.

A normal sleep paralysis episode lasts about 1-3 minutes for me, and then I can typically force myself awake and end the suffering. Sometimes I will feel a presence near me, other times I'll hear a voice. The one thing that is a constant is that I feel a strange energy current running through my body.

As for the causes...well, that depends on how much of a believer or a skeptic you are.

According to sleep experts in the medical field, sleep paralysis is simply a disorder that occurs during sleep, no different then night terrors or even para-somnia.

Paranormalists and occultist alike though pin the blame squarly on non other then psychic vampires. Yep, that seems to be the popular theory in the metaphysical world these days.

See, a psychic vampire will astrally project itself out of its body and into your home. What we call sleep paralysis is actually the vampire doing his/her thing.

Anyway, I've yet to find evidence that an intruder was in my home, but then again, if the intruder was on an astral plane, how would I detect them??

Tre creepy!
Knowledge is the clearest and most direct representation of utter power. The power to change your place on Earth, the power to change your fate, the very power to alter yourself. Thirst for this power and your inner longings will become satisfied and your external desires will become moot.http://www.geocities.com/kalebbkellum/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users