My encounter with sleep Paralysis

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#31 bardo

bardo

Would like to sit on the clouds and watch the world

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts
  • Interests:the world here and beyond...lol anything ghosty I don't watch very much tv but when i do it's shows like supernatural.<br />I love music ....going to concerts.....groups like the dropkickmurphys,floggingmollies,pogues, some old stuff like the clash and joe strummer. I just saw Bob Dylan and The Who .<br />I like just about anything but country I do love Johnny cash though!<br />I love walking my dogs and getting outside as much as possible .<br />I plan on living until I'm at least 150 .

Posted 27 August 2004 - 05:51 PM

well when you can't move your body and you  panic that's what brings you out of sleep para.
I have only been able to astral project when I am going into a dream state.So I am in bed and starting to drift in to sleep mode and you can hear everything around you but you know your falling asleep.
then I start to float sometimes up above and how I get out of the house I'm not  sure.
The next thing I will notice is being outside floating about as high as the house,I can feel the night breeze on my face and I realize that this is not dreaming it's actually travelling and sometimes I've been able to travel further.
The furthest I ever got was to the graveyard the night my Mom died.That time I was going through so much grief I did'nt want to leave my mom at the cemetary.So when I lay down to rest I found myself travelling very fast to the graveyard.
I seemed to be able to travel alot then and I did'nt have to be in a dream state then.
It's been hard to capture that form of travel in a long time but I beleive we all do it in one form or another.
You know when you walk into a strange place and you know you,ve been there but you have'nt.
I beleive we sometimes travel when we sleep.
Posted Image Dreams are today's answers to tomorrow's questions. Edgar Cayce

#32 Caesar

Caesar

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 27 August 2004 - 06:56 PM

Sorry about your mom.

did you have to practice or is it easy

#33 bardo

bardo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts
  • Interests:the world here and beyond...lol anything ghosty I don't watch very much tv but when i do it's shows like supernatural.<br />I love music ....going to concerts.....groups like the dropkickmurphys,floggingmollies,pogues, some old stuff like the clash and joe strummer. I just saw Bob Dylan and The Who .<br />I like just about anything but country I do love Johnny cash though!<br />I love walking my dogs and getting outside as much as possible .<br />I plan on living until I'm at least 150 .

Posted 28 August 2004 - 12:32 PM

That's ok  she's been gone awhile now.
Getting into the right frame of mind is hard for me.
I would have to be exausted and comfortable, you know when it feels so good to be in bed.
Then you just relax and float away .Your brain may try and tell you that it's not natural but it is. So you just let yourself go and see how far you can travel.
That's how it is for me ,for other people it may be different.
I think that's why it's good to practice in your dreams.
I can wake up and go back to my dream if I want. I can change my dream while I'm dreaming also.
I think this is good practce for astral projecting.
I think what yoy experienced the other day is a form of astral projecting and the next time you feel that way try and experiment with it.

#34 Caesar

Caesar

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 28 August 2004 - 12:37 PM

wow,thats wild. do you get scared

#35 Daewen

Daewen

Thinks Smilies Taste Like Chicken

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,847 posts
  • Interests:singing, travel, music ( death metal, jrock, visual kei, punk, goth, deathcore ), Wicca, fashion, nature, cooking, goth, Japan, cats, glbt rights, baking, anne rice vampires, tolkien elves, ghosts...

Posted 28 August 2004 - 05:36 PM

usually, I astral project when I'm falling asleep, too...usually in the morning when I've already slept but I'm not too awake. I usually end up rolling out of my body...unfortunately, I have trouble leaving my house...I focus on physical boundries that don't matter...such as doors...I at first had trouble getting out of the front door...but finally, I forgot about boundries...I even didn't bother taking the stairs and went through the floor to get downstairs...I finally got out the front door...I find it better, if I'm trying to get to a specific place, to create a tunnel to get to the place I'm going...I admit, at first I got scared, especially since when I first get out of my body I can't see...but once you get used to it, it's not scary...
http://myworld.ebay....riakuroneko0489 Buy my clothes! Take a look.

http://www.dresm.com/ariakuroneko0489 Take a look at my other cheaper clothes too!

http://soundcloud.com/astrid-essex Trying this out as well. Some of my music on soundcloud.

#36 bardo

bardo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 28 August 2004 - 05:42 PM

I .ve never found it scary and I'm not sure why.I guess it just fasinated me .
I think that's why I didn't have a problem after my mom died I had a place to go and I really needed to be there.
Are you able to start the astral travel at will Daewen?
I can't anymore i need to find a way to get in that type of sleep again .

#37 Daewen

Daewen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,847 posts
  • Interests:singing, travel, music ( death metal, jrock, visual kei, punk, goth, deathcore ), Wicca, fashion, nature, cooking, goth, Japan, cats, glbt rights, baking, anne rice vampires, tolkien elves, ghosts...

Posted 28 August 2004 - 05:50 PM

sometimes I can start it at will, but other times it'll just happen...I try to create a tingly feeling and it'll spread by itself and then I'm "asleep"...I just roll right out of my body...I have some problems with the tingly feeling...like sometimes it'll tickle and force me to wake up...other times I'll just have sleep paraysis and not be able to move while I'm having the tingly feeling...sometimes it's accompanied by voices calling my name or people grabbing at my neck and back...do you get these same feelings, Bardo?
try astral projecting in the morning...if you ever get to sleep in, when you wake up, strech a little, but don't open your eyes...then try to go back to sleep and create a tingly feeling throughout your entire body...don't think about it when you do it or else you won't fall asleep...you could also try meditating beforehand to relax...

http://www.dresm.com/ariakuroneko0489 Take a look at my other cheaper clothes too!

http://soundcloud.com/astrid-essex Trying this out as well. Some of my music on soundcloud.

#38 bardo

bardo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 28 August 2004 - 06:13 PM

Yes I know what you mean.I will hear things around me like voices.I have felt my hair being stroked and it feels good.Sometimes I,ve felt creepy because of the touch and then it seems to turn into sleep para.
Other times I will relax and enjoy the feeling and then I can travel.
I've never tried it in the morning I'm not sure I can, I'll have to give it a try.
Like I said once before the sound of the wind seems to help me for some reason.
It's good to talk about it with someone else though it may help me do it again.

#39 Caesar

Caesar

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 28 August 2004 - 06:17 PM

can you both do this before you go to bed. thats what happen to me but I was VERY tired

#40 Daewen

Daewen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,847 posts

Posted 29 August 2004 - 10:03 AM

I usually can't do it before I go to bed...I used to have a really dizzy feeling before I went to bed and all of a sudden I would be out...but I would lucid dream...not astral project...usually before I go to bed, I can't relax...I can't help it...I get a lot of energy at night...and think too much...

#41 bardo

bardo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 30 August 2004 - 09:35 AM

I can't do this in the morning and I have to be really tired also.
I think thre are too many distractions in the morning I always eihter have to get off to work or I'm getting my kids off to work or school.

#42 Daewen

Daewen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,847 posts

Posted 30 August 2004 - 11:34 AM

ah...I see...well I guess that could be a problem...is there any place quiet you could go for a while? just to practice...or, if you want to learn to tune out the distractions...I know a good excersize. Turn of the tv at a normal volume and turn to one of those news stations where people give speeches all day, something where the picture isn't constantly changing...sit in front of the tv, preferably on the floor...stare at the tv...while you're staring at the tv, think of something or a situation that you really desire...imagine a sound that it would make and then start to "hear" it while you're imagining what ever you're imagining...imagine a bright white light around it so that's all that you can hear...once you really get into this the tv should sound like it's on mute...but you really have to concentrate. It really helps because I've been able to astral project while a guy was using a drill to get the kitchen ceiling open...it's really useful...
but if you have to be really tired then I guess you should stick to trying to astral project at night...you know what's best for you...

#43 bardo

bardo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 30 August 2004 - 03:04 PM

thanks I just want to do it again so any advice is good.
The kids will be back in school again and I will miss them very much but it does offer opportunities to do peacefull excercises.

#44 bsandromeda

bsandromeda

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 01 September 2004 - 08:59 AM

i also suffer from SP and i hate it.. scares the crap out of me. The last time it happened twice in one night and the second time i heard an awefull voice that i hope i never have to hear again..

#45 Daewen

Daewen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,847 posts

Posted 01 September 2004 - 09:18 PM

just remember that the things you're hearing aren't real and you aren't in danger and try to calmly wake yourself up or move a finger or a toe or something...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users