Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Photo

have you got a obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD).

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 rat girl

rat girl

Iron Strangler that feasts on beer!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Interests:my interests are reading, anything on the paranormal - checking out other peoples ghost photos and watching horror movie, reading anything by Richard Laymon, i like photoshop and other photograph program's. I live in Scotland with my partner, we have a mini zoo in our house. At the moment we have 4 rats, unfortunately 8 of our ratties have passed away, we also have 2 guinea pigs, a rabbit, a corn snake, a bearded dragon and 2 degus!!

Posted 16 June 2006 - 10:45 AM

are you suffering from an obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)?

take this test and find out!!

my results -

You scored 4 out of 20 in Part A.
(0 indicates no OCD tendencies, while 20 indicates maximum OCD tendencies.)

You scored 5 out of 20 in Part B.

Based on the above results, it appears you may have OCD or a related disorder. However, only a qualified mental health provider can make a more accurate diagnosis. If you are experiencing psychological distress it may be advisable to see a clinician for further evaluation.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...ocd/index.shtml

:Spaz: - looks like i better join the ghost village mental assylum :clap: :Spaz: :(

i do have a bad habit of making sure i have turned the gas of on the hobs on the cooker, even to the point that sometimes i will turn them on just so i know that i have turned them off!!!!

:Spaz: :Spaz: whoooo im of to the looney bin!!!

who wants to join me?
Posted Image

#2 Mr Eamcat

Mr Eamcat

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Interests:Theology, Philosophy, Jungian Psychology, Forteana, My Partner &amp; Kids, My Blog, Chocolate, Movies, Reading, Nature, Walking,<br />Meditation &amp; Hatha Yoga.

Posted 16 June 2006 - 11:03 AM

I'd like to, but I don't think I qualify, strangely:

You scored 2 out of 20 in Part A.

Hmm - I wonder what my pet cockroaches would say about that?

Edited by Mr Eamcat, 16 June 2006 - 11:04 AM.

#3 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,387 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 16 June 2006 - 12:08 PM

Posted Image
You scored 1 out of 20 in Part A.

You scored 1 out of 20 in Part B.

does logging in to and staying in GV ccount? Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 jakob493

jakob493

Very greedy and not happy with just one tag

• PipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 12:15 PM

LOL I'm f'ed up... I think I scored the worst out of everyone so far :clap:

Results

You scored 9 out of 20 in Part A.

Based on the above results, it appears you may have OCD or a related disorder. However, only a qualified mental health provider can make a more accurate diagnosis. If you are experiencing psychological distress it may be advisable to see a clinician for further evaluation.

#5 GhostCat

GhostCat

Certified husband trainer....guaranteed he won't track dirt

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts
  • Interests:Travelling New England by land and sea, local history, houses - as I am a real estate appraiser, I teach Special Education too, love all the kids I work with... they teach me too, lol, and add lots of smiles to my day....my cats, my goffin cockatoo parrot that is loud, smart and talkative, walking, bicycling, skiing, ice hockey, watching the Patriots, the Bruins and the Red Sox (Woo Hoo.. Fenway Painters..My sister and brother in laws business that paint the Park and my nephew that paints the famous &quot;green monster&quot;) lighthouses, antiques, gardening, trying new restaurants, classic movies (love Cary Grant and Alfred Hitchcock), big band music, laughing and being around others that like to laugh, ghost stories - I love to hear other peoples experiences as I have so many to tell myself.

Posted 16 June 2006 - 12:27 PM

Results

You scored 1 out of 20 in Part A.

You scored 1 out of 20 in Part B.
"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."-- Robert A. Heinlein

#6 Vivienne_DuBois

Vivienne_DuBois

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 12:35 PM

Oh, dear. I have O.C.D. This is just a terrible, debilitating, awful disease. It's worse than any of my illnesses which is why I'm going through cognitive-behavior therapy to change my brain chemistry (it's been proven to be a "glitch" in the brain and by no stretch of the imagination makes a person suffering from it "mental").

If anyone here ranks high on this test and/or feels that O.C.D. is a problem for them, try to find a therapist if you'd like (sometimes, it helps to have someone "coaching" you through treatment) and rush out and find the book "Brain Lock" by Jeffrey M. Schwartz, M.D. That book is a God-send for people suffering from O.C.D. and can really help. There are other really good and helpful books out there on O.C.D., too, I'm sure. "Brain Lock" is the one that I'm using and I find it very, very helpful. Really helps put a person's mind at ease and walk them through the process of getting better. It's like a safety net when you're free-falling.

My O.C.D. used to be so bad that I'd wash my hands so often they'd bleed and soap would become permanently imbedded in my skin. And, I'd spend hours and hours each day "checking" things and throwing out "dirty" items (clothing, especially). When I was younger, I'd spend 90% of my day praying because I thought something terrible was going to happen to me. Things like that. It takes away your entire life.

For anyone here who thinks they may have O.C.D. (or, has been diagnosed): Please, get some help. It's a hard first step, but finding a therapist or getting the book can change your life the second you open it. You CAN get better even if the O.C.D. seems so bad you don't think you can. It's not you - it's your brain sending false messages. Feel free to PM me here, too, if you need to talk. I've seen it ALL with O.C.D. and it can be helpful to just talk about it with someone else going through it.

:clap:

Viv

#7 rat girl

rat girl

Iron Strangler that feasts on beer!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Interests:my interests are reading, anything on the paranormal - checking out other peoples ghost photos and watching horror movie, reading anything by Richard Laymon, i like photoshop and other photograph program's. I live in Scotland with my partner, we have a mini zoo in our house. At the moment we have 4 rats, unfortunately 8 of our ratties have passed away, we also have 2 guinea pigs, a rabbit, a corn snake, a bearded dragon and 2 degus!!

Posted 16 June 2006 - 12:52 PM

Oh, dear. I have O.C.D. This is just a terrible, debilitating, awful disease. It's worse than any of my illnesses which is why I'm going through cognitive-behavior therapy to change my brain chemistry (it's been proven to be a "glitch" in the brain and by no stretch of the imagination makes a person suffering from it "mental").

If anyone here ranks high on this test and/or feels that O.C.D. is a problem for them, try to find a therapist if you'd like (sometimes, it helps to have someone "coaching" you through treatment) and rush out and find the book "Brain Lock" by Jeffrey M. Schwartz, M.D. That book is a God-send for people suffering from O.C.D. and can really help. There are other really good and helpful books out there on O.C.D., too, I'm sure. "Brain Lock" is the one that I'm using and I find it very, very helpful. Really helps put a person's mind at ease and walk them through the process of getting better. It's like a safety net when you're free-falling.

My O.C.D. used to be so bad that I'd wash my hands so often they'd bleed and soap would become permanently imbedded in my skin. And, I'd spend hours and hours each day "checking" things and throwing out "dirty" items (clothing, especially). When I was younger, I'd spend 90% of my day praying because I thought something terrible was going to happen to me. Things like that. It takes away your entire life.

For anyone here who thinks they may have O.C.D. (or, has been diagnosed): Please, get some help. It's a hard first step, but finding a therapist or getting the book can change your life the second you open it. You CAN get better even if the O.C.D. seems so bad you don't think you can. It's not you - it's your brain sending false messages. Feel free to PM me here, too, if you need to talk. I've seen it ALL with O.C.D. and it can be helpful to just talk about it with someone else going through it.

:hug:

Viv

hi viv!!

i hope i havent offended you by posting this test up :blush:

its just that a few years ago i used to suffer from very bad depression and i did have a few OCD's myself, i had a strange one that when i locked my front door i had to push the handle down and count to four - i have no idea why it was number four - it just was!!!

i still have a little twinge of these OCD's at times, and i dont feel embarrased about them at all, i know im not the only one who suffers from it.
im kind of used to them by now!!

i used to have a friend that i knew at college, and she had to count every crack that she stepped on on the pavement, and she also brushed her teeth so many times a day that she damaged them.

so, i dont mean to offend anyone who has any OCD's as i have some myself!!!

rat girl Posted Image

Edited by rat girl, 16 June 2006 - 12:53 PM.

Posted Image

#8 jakob493

jakob493

Very greedy and not happy with just one tag

• PipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 01:00 PM

I was thinking about what I do that could be considered OCD... Well, I'm always checking email/GV, like every 10 minutes, thinking theres gonna be something new there, but usually no. Every once in a while, if i get cut, I'd get warts easily, usually on my hands. You should have seen me, I was ALWAYS picking at it until it bleed and I pulled the roots out. Got rid of them pretty fast though. I dont think any of these are serious problems, I dont mind coping with them. I know there are a few more.. I just cant think of them. I'll pay more attention to myself and try to find out, lol.

#9 Vivienne_DuBois

Vivienne_DuBois

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 01:20 PM

Rat Girl,

No, no offense, at all. :hug: I am glad you put the test up. It's a good thing.

:blush:

Viv

#10 starlitkate

starlitkate

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Interests:www.unexplained-mysteries.com<br />www.angelsghosts.com

Posted 28 July 2006 - 03:34 PM

I scored 18 out of 20. I figured I would get that or close. I have been diagnosed with it since time I can remember which was when I was little. At the time noone noticed till I got older but I'd always ask why I do certain things. Even typing is hard for me. I type and go back and retype or stop and have to think and rethink. It has not disabled me like some people but it does get old. It causes me to misspell alot when I type even though I can spell good and I have to change it.
It started when I was little and I would and still do more than anything-tap my fingers or feet and if I did one with more force than the other then I have to redo it. I constantly touch the door handles to make sure they are locked. But I live a normal life and anyone that meets me wouldn't know I had it unless they took time to nice it. Like some people touch they're house corners and I don't do that. I'm not a neat freak but when I am doing a task and it don't seem right then I redo it.
As far as food is concerned-I won't drink milk from anyone unless it 's my daughter, I don't eat meat if anyone has tooken a bite from it, I don't like my food touched or grabbed off my plate. It's different when it's the person that cooks it. I can't eat my food seperate. Some question and ask how I eat my food together if I don't like stuff disgusting and I tell them it's because I make myself believe that I have to have it together as one. Now some foods you can't eat together. But stuff like chicken and potatoes-I mix mine together with peas or corn and gravy. Stuff like that. It's hard to explain alot of it.

Edited by starlitkate, 28 July 2006 - 03:39 PM.

Click Below to View my Site!!

Posted Image

#11 PreTeenGhostHunter

PreTeenGhostHunter

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • Interests:Hey I'm Meghan... jah.

Posted 28 July 2006 - 06:45 PM

Results
You scored 15 out of 20 in Part A.

Dear lord...
:(

Posted Image

#12 Morbid

Morbid

Thinks the jelly runs out of the peanut butter sandwich in head

• PipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 10:59 PM

I got 13 in the first and 9 in the second. I guess I'm kinda borderlined.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted.The law of Chaos.

#13 vegan

vegan

• Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 12:00 PM

My dalmatian has O.C.D he is interesting. What he does is growl bite and chase his tail to the point he has hurt himself at times. He has gotten better in the two years we have him it use to be everything would set him off but now its a few select things some we can control others we cant such as a hot air ballon flying over or a small plane low to the ground.

Anyway my test results are as follows...

You scored 5 out of 20 in Part A.

You scored 12 out of 20 in Part B.

vegan~ :weeee:

#14 carlotta

carlotta

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 941 posts
  • Interests:Tarot, gardening, hiking, Victorian literature, cats, European travel

Posted 31 July 2006 - 07:06 AM

take this test and find out!!

I scored 5 on Part A and 0 on Part B. This test should only be seen as a recreation, like a Cosmo magazine quiz. The Part B wasn't very well done, and Part A wasn't very exhaustive. Tests are only as good as the people that create them. Even scientists have opinions, misconceptions, and biases.
Who owns the land? Only the land knows. We mortals are passersby, and our lives are but a brief moment in the great span of time and space. We are born, we live out our lives, and most of us do the best we can with it, but the wind is forever, and the rivers flow forever to the sea, and all the seasons of the weathers will come and go after we are gone. But the Earth endures, the Earth is eternal" - Earl Hamner

#15 Rockhauler2k1

Rockhauler2k1

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,217 posts
  • Interests:The Force

Posted 31 July 2006 - 08:30 AM

I cant seem to concentrate long enough to take the test . I cant seem to get the screen clean enough to see the words properly . Ive cleaned it with Windex 83 times. I also had to wash my hands 365 times before touching the keyboard and then I had to disenfect the keyboard too.

Its just more trouble than its worth I suppose. I can safely say that I for one am free of OCD.

Rockhauler2k1

P.S. I edited this post 38 times for proper wording :)

Edited by Rockhauler2k1, 31 July 2006 - 08:32 AM.

Many of the truths that we cling to depend greatly upon our point of view.Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users