Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Photo

What Paranormal and Cryptozoological Things Do You Believe In?

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#46 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,400 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 07 August 2004 - 12:29 PM

anyone believes in the supernaturals? ;) :D
Posted Image

#47 opterasis

opterasis

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 07 August 2004 - 01:39 PM

what do you consider the easter bunny...?
myspace.com/corecontagionmy DVDAF

#48 Daewen

Daewen

Thinks Smilies Taste Like Chicken

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,847 posts
  • Interests:singing, travel, music ( death metal, jrock, visual kei, punk, goth, deathcore ), Wicca, fashion, nature, cooking, goth, Japan, cats, glbt rights, baking, anne rice vampires, tolkien elves, ghosts...

Posted 08 August 2004 - 06:09 PM

Shakespeare messed up a lot of the original mythological creatures...I heard someone talking about faeries, but he also started the whole "little" elf thing, before that, elves were considered to be tall...
I have to say that I believe in ghosts and aliens, but I also believe in nature spirits and other things like that...I just don't think about them as much...mostly because I can't relate to them like I can relate to ghosts...
http://myworld.ebay....riakuroneko0489 Buy my clothes! Take a look.

http://www.dresm.com/ariakuroneko0489 Take a look at my other cheaper clothes too!

http://soundcloud.com/astrid-essex Trying this out as well. Some of my music on soundcloud.

#49 kenshin

kenshin

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 11 August 2004 - 03:08 AM

i believe in ghosts, shadow people (i consider ghosts & shadow people different entities), aliens
"And now, I make my escape, with my metallic hostage, never to be seen again! Unless I want to be seen! In which case, if I see you, before you see me... look out!" Frank dufense 'O'mally' , red vs blue

#50 little_light

little_light

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts
  • Interests:Working Out<br />Music and Dance<br />And Being a wife and Mom!

Posted 11 August 2004 - 04:23 AM

I believe in GOD!
And that he controlls all...
Everything comes from his substance for his purpose only....

I believe that everything that we say..do..see..hear..ALL points up to the real deal...It points up to Yahweh!

So whatever we believe in...If its real or not..Comes from GOD!
"You only get 1 shot!"

#51 mellilotflower

mellilotflower

Freaked out by toe socks?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts
  • Interests:Philosophy, Knitting, Ornithology, folklore and fairies

Posted 11 August 2004 - 04:47 AM

It wasn't just Shakespeare who started the idea that elves were small- it was a general Elizabethan trend that he followed.  Shakespeare, it is thought based many of his fairies on the welsh fairies and was more acurate than most of his age and this trend came out of the rise of the yoeman class during that period as more of them were able to read and write, more of them did write plays and poetry about thier own class of fairies... this included such things as the robingoodfellows, brownies.  The tall, human sized fairies you refer to are derived from celtic lore, and are often demoted gods.
Most of what you call the origanal mythological creatures are from classical mythology and are still found there... the rest would be romanticised versions of christianised celtic gods - for example the role of women and female power sources was down played, the females became either hidious hags or defensless damsels...

The point which I should first wish to understand is whether the pious or holy is beloved by the gods because it is holy, or holy because it is beloved of the gods.

Sonnet XCIVBut if that flower with base infection meet,The basest weed outbraves his dignity:For sweetest things turn sourest by their deeds;Lilies that fester smell far worse than weeds

#52 black_shuck

black_shuck

Junior Villager

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 11 August 2004 - 11:33 AM

Oh, I keep an "open mind" for just about anything.I don't have to see "it" to  consider the possibilities of whatever existing.
BLACK SHUCK (showing its red eyes,howling as it walks).

#53 NocturnalCantaloupe

NocturnalCantaloupe

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 11 August 2004 - 05:25 PM

Hmmmm.... Not sure really, I guess it's no different than beleiving in ghosts.
Is the art of life, living somewhere in between?

#54 RuthYarter

RuthYarter

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 18 August 2004 - 06:39 AM

Can Spirits be some protective of their loved ones from time to time?

Love, QueenBee

#55 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,400 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 18 August 2004 - 06:45 AM

very possible. but not all. there can be a lot of explanation that go in explaining this. but the answer is Karma and Karmic Bondages and salvation.
Posted Image

#56 MoodyFan

MoodyFan

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal Investigation, Music, Animals, Food

Posted 18 August 2004 - 07:41 AM

I pretty much only believe in what I see.  Therefore, I definitely know there are ghosts and faeries!  As far as UFO's, I think it would be terribly elitist to assume that we are the only intelligent life in the universe.  

#57 rivermom

rivermom

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 August 2004 - 12:59 PM

I believe in ghosts, and most other things.  I keep an open mind and see what shows up.  

#58 RuthYarter

RuthYarter

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 18 August 2004 - 10:58 PM

Well I feel like my spirits is seem to be near by me. But, I know they do not mean no harm of that. Are they trying to tell me something. I try to sleep sometime last night. I got woken up by some voices. But, my husband is still sleeping and so is my daughter. I walked out there to see if I remember to looked the door. but, when I walked out to the livingroom the voices stopped talking. I am like ok. I will go back to sleep now. I only had 4 hours of sleep. What should I do?

#59 Schoolhouse1864

Schoolhouse1864

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • Interests:allittle bit of everything!

Posted 19 August 2004 - 01:05 PM

By saying "believe in" I automatically think of fairy tales.  I guess I would say more that I have an open mind to believe all things are possible, not that I jump to say they are for sure 100% real, but that I see possiblities in all of the senarios.
Alas- LMackey

#60 Izzebella

Izzebella

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 August 2004 - 01:14 PM

ghosts/ spirits /demons , yes i believe in
UFOs ,ETs , MIBs   im not sure about
vampires , werewolves and other assorted monsters .. love the lore but i believe there is a cultural and valid explination for them .

fairys n elves n such   nope dont believe in em .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users