Free Skins
© Fisana

Photo

What Paranormal and Cryptozoological Things Do You Believe In?

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#61 Nautical_Nightmare

Nautical_Nightmare

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 12:54 PM

Just curious as to what all paranormal and cryptozoological things you all believe in. I'm guessing you all believe in ghosts, but what about other things?

#62 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,353 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 16 June 2006 - 01:02 PM

Hi Nautical, I merged your thread with another one that was already existing.

Of late, I came across various links which suggested the existence of Yeti/Big Foot. It is told however, they could be the surviving Neanderthal Men. :blush:

Apart from that, Fairies are something that may exist as creatures rom another dimension, Unicorn? perhaps. possible.
Posted Image

#63 Grim Undertakings

Grim Undertakings

Voted most likely to be a janitor in Highschool

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 03:03 PM

The only thing I believe in is ghosts. This does not include demons, angels or spirit guides. If it wasn't for my experiences with ghosts, I probably wouldn't believe in them either.

I used to be quite the paranormal guy who believed in just about anything. Maybe I'm becoming more skeptical as I get older. :blush:

#64 rogerfl

rogerfl

Villager

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • Interests:demons

Posted 19 June 2006 - 07:41 AM

i believe in ghosts, extraterrestrials, dragons, and most real of all, demons.

what i dont believe in are, the creature of loch ness, fairies, and monsters........i mean, c'mon people!!!!!!!!
Death may be the greatest of all human blessings. -Socrates-The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance. -Socrates-

#65 Mr Eamcat

Mr Eamcat

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Interests:Theology, Philosophy, Jungian Psychology, Forteana, My Partner &amp; Kids, My Blog, Chocolate, Movies, Reading, Nature, Walking,<br />Meditation &amp; Hatha Yoga.

Posted 19 June 2006 - 08:08 AM

I'm an Animist & believe that everything has a spirit that manifests according to the sensory parameters of the person in question.

Therefore, whilst I may not necessarily believe in fairies as twinky pretty wand wavers, I do see them as elemental spirits & have had many an experience in my local woods that make me aware that something deeper is going on than anyone knows.

Now, I'm also a keen Fortean and have an open mind on all things odd.

I firmly believe in isolated survivors of animals around the globe which encompasses lake monsters, big apes, dragons, thunderbirds etc.

I also believe that we know very little about our history & that mankind goes back way further than we know.

Atlantis or whatever you wish to call it was the seat of an advanced civilisation which perished, but brought order to the rest of the globe. This accounts for the benefactors that most cultures have in their historical accounts.

Ghosts, I'm not sure about - as I've said, it doesn't really fit in with my spiritual beliefs, but I have seen some odd things.

UFOs - yep, I've seen three in my lifetime, one was an encounter that made me believe beyond a shadow of a doubt that we are either being visited by alien craft or that we have retro engineered a craft ourselves, which means that alien crafts must have visited.

Above all of this, I know that the human brain is a weird & wonderful thing, but can easily become confused.

I am aware that it is possible to see something without it actually being there - that ultra low frequency sound can induce feelings of fear, of being watched & cause movements of the eye to make you think you're seeing a ghostly figure.

I try to use Occam's Razor to explain things (the simplest answer is usually the right one) and if that doesn't work, then I put it in my 'things to theorise about' file in my head.

Perhaps the most important thing to remember is that reality is stranger than we can imagine - we are limited by our methods of perception, some more than others, therefore it stands to reason that at some point we will all come across something that we can't explain.

#66 johnspurling

johnspurling

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 10:25 PM

My belief in the supernatural is actually quite limited, but it's an endlessly interesting topic. I believe in possibilities, and I'm not prepared to close my mind when there is no evidence either way. I believe in the possibility of ghosts, whatever they are. Yes, there might be a surviving breed of dinosaurs swimming about in the depths of Loch Ness. There very well could be an afterlife, and some people might possess telepathic or telekinetic powers. Extraterrestrial life is a good possibility.

But within reason! I don't believe in fire-breathing dragons or vampires or werewolves or the Tooth Fairy or a hollow Earth. That's where I personally draw the line, for whatever reason.
- John Spurling -

#67 feusurlaneige

feusurlaneige

Not a very good "ghost" detective!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 06:41 AM

In Australia we have the Bunyip. The bunyip is a legendary sea monster that is said to live in billabongs, rivers, lakes and waterholes in South-Eastern Australia. In Aboriginal mythology, the bunyip was evil, possessing supernatural powers and punishing evil-doers. It emerged from the water at night time in search of victims. It used long claws to kill its prey, clawing and squeezing it to death. Throughout South-Easten Australia it was known by many different names including mochel-mochel (Darling Downs), moolgewanke (South Australia), dongus, bunyup, kianpratty (New South Wales) and kajanpratic, tumbata, toor-roo-dun (Victoria).

According to Aboriginal beliefs, bunyips were large and fierce, living in burrows with underwater entrances. They laid large, pale blue eggs larger in size to an emu's. They preferred to eat women rather than men. Although details vary, it appears that the Aborigines had two types of bunyip. One type looked like a shaggy seal or large swimming dog with shining eyes, head and whiskers like an otter. The second type was more unusual. It was said to be four-legged, about the size of a bullock, its body covered in fur or feathers, a long, maned neck with a head similar to an emu, small tusks and a horse-like tail. (Both creatures were amphibious.) Early settlers collected drawings from Aborigines but none were alike.

#68 FallenAngel

FallenAngel

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 09:33 PM

Ill believe in anything once till I know for a fact that there is not possible way they exsist. Sometimes I wish dragons and fairys and al that jazz was real, but I dont believe in them, its fun to think what life would be life with fairytale creatures living on the planet. But if they did I would envy them, being a boring human of couse. But its cool to keep an open mind to anything.

O I also believe in E.Ts, but I sometimes have a hard time believe some, not all, but some of the storys about their vistiting the earth. I believe in other life out there somewhere but not what we have been told.

But for now I mostly believe in ghosts, demons, angels, most of all, god.

#69 MaryCeleste

MaryCeleste

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Interests:Martial arts,Cryptozoology,TheParanormal,Singing,<br />Animal Rights,Art,Weightlifting,History,Magic/Illusionsists,Buddhism

Posted 22 June 2006 - 08:58 AM

Ghosts-YEs

Fairies,Demons,Angels,SpiritGuides,exorcisms-NO

my belief in psychic powers are very specific and i don't want to get into it now..
So basically some i believe in,most i don't.

Bigfoot and bigfoot type creatures-YES

NEssie-Yes...although i believe there is more evidence and likeliness for the existence of champ and Ogopogo

Ufo's-YES
Alien Abductions-Not shure.

Burmuda Triangle-No,i think everything there is pretty much explainable by natural things.

Surviving dinosaurs and giant snakes-NO

Crop Circles-YES

Alien bigcats-YES

Thunderbirds-NO

THylacine-YES
A wave doesnt have to die to become water,it's already water

#70 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 23 June 2006 - 09:23 AM

I know that spirits, angels, and demons exist. I'm fairly certain there is intelligent life on other planets in that elusive somewhere. I'm open to big foot, the chupacabra, and other cryptonids.

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#71 Mr Eamcat

Mr Eamcat

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Interests:Theology, Philosophy, Jungian Psychology, Forteana, My Partner &amp; Kids, My Blog, Chocolate, Movies, Reading, Nature, Walking,<br />Meditation &amp; Hatha Yoga.

Posted 23 June 2006 - 09:56 AM

ETs? Common sense really, if the Universe is infinite, life has to exist elsewhere surely?

If it doesn't, it's one hell of a waste of space! :hug:

#72 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 23 June 2006 - 12:00 PM

ETs? Common sense really, if the Universe is infinite, life has to exist elsewhere surely?

If it doesn't, it's one hell of a waste of space! :Spaz:

Looks like someone else watched Contact (great movie, btw).

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#73 lorddraven2000

lorddraven2000

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 24 June 2006 - 12:44 AM

Great and difficult question. I believe in so many differant things but my main interests are ghost and hauntings, bigfoot, esp, and the such

#74 Siren

Siren

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:I'm an avid reader. If it looks interesting, I will read it. I also attempt to write. More often than not, I find myself stucker than stuck.<br />Love fishin', huntin', campin', 4-wheelin', etc. If I getta take a shower when I get home, I love gettin' muddy while we're out playin'. I'm a big ol' Redneck at heart, and enjoy a big ol' slab of Moose steak or roast on my plate. Did you know that the amount of meat you can get from a decent sized moose is about 4 times more than you can get from a white tail?

Posted 14 July 2006 - 04:38 PM

My personal beliefs have... severely altered since I was 16. That part had more to do with the freedom to choose. I was brought up straight laced Baptist, therefore I still hold to the core of those beliefs. However, I've added a few things on.

God and the Devil - Yes
Angels and Demons - Yes
Ghosts - not sure. My sister has seen things, so I'll just be not sure.
ESP, Telepathy, etc. - Yes. It runs in the family.
Fairies and Boggarts, etc. - not sure.
Nessy - Yes. Always had an attachment for the thing. Dunno why. I believe Nessy is a dino.
Aliens - no. I believe that if there were other life out there, we woulda known for sure before now.

Siren
"You haven't been corrupted. Just elightened." - My hubby.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users