Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Photo

What Paranormal and Cryptozoological Things Do You Believe In?

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#1 anasuya

anasuya

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 09 April 2004 - 08:12 PM

I have a friend who believes her spirit dragon sits on her shoulder and scratches her when he's mad.

I have another friend who believes fairies protect her from evil spirits.

How far does your belief in the supernatural or esoteric go?
Don't be a newt!

#2 trudy_causey

trudy_causey

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 09 April 2004 - 08:19 PM

I know that we all have spirit guides that help us get through our lives.

#3 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,400 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 09 April 2004 - 11:03 PM

who has known all the dimensions out there! ??? :)
Posted Image

#4 shellas13

shellas13

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts

Posted 10 April 2004 - 05:32 AM

I believe in almost anything...but especially in the Loch Ness, ghosts and UFOs...lol. Also, if you catch me on a good night, fairy elves and Dracula! lol I think that it would be a much sadder world if there really WEREN'T anything like that in this lame space we live in...lol

#5 MoonChild

MoonChild

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,400 posts

Posted 10 April 2004 - 06:45 AM

Nessy yes, UFO's yes, Ghosts yes...... hehe, but not too sure about dragons, except for Akthra :) ;D
Posted Image

#6 CastleBee

CastleBee

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
  • Interests:Animals, Art, Photography, Traveling, Reading, and Gardening.

Posted 10 April 2004 - 09:05 AM

Ghosts/spirits seem very plausible to me - which is one reason they are my favorite topic for a horror movie. But as sexy as Frank Langella was as Dracula back in 1978  :-* and David Selby was as a werewolf on Dark Shadows  :-*, I just can't think of those kinds of supernatural creatures in quite the same way.

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated."- Ghandi, In Philosophy

#7 mellilotflower

mellilotflower

Freaked out by toe socks?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts
  • Interests:Philosophy, Knitting, Ornithology, folklore and fairies

Posted 10 April 2004 - 09:47 AM

My maths teacher is plagued by fairies...

Seriously though, maybe its the kind of books I read but a lot of the time I find it much easier to believe in fairies and boggarts and elves and pixies than in ghosts and spirits.  For one, the explanations as to how they came into this world and what they are in relation to us are much more realistic.  And then there's the wealth of information and the persistance of the same ideas...

The point which I should first wish to understand is whether the pious or holy is beloved by the gods because it is holy, or holy because it is beloved of the gods.

Sonnet XCIVBut if that flower with base infection meet,The basest weed outbraves his dignity:For sweetest things turn sourest by their deeds;Lilies that fester smell far worse than weeds

#8 anasuya

anasuya

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 10 April 2004 - 10:03 AM

Personally, I believe all manner of mythological or supernatural creature is possible. I just tend to think of things as existing in different planes than we do. When you think of it that way, all things are possible. But, do I imagine fairies  the size of my hands with little wings and glowing bodies? no.

BB, Ana
Don't be a newt!

#9 MoonChild

MoonChild

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,400 posts

Posted 10 April 2004 - 10:06 AM

possibilities can never be ruled out!
Posted Image

#10 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 10 April 2004 - 11:57 AM

I can accept just about anything, but I admit, my belief in aliens is mainly that I don't want to sound arrogant in that we are the only planet with intelligent life :-/
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#11 mellilotflower

mellilotflower

Freaked out by toe socks?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts
  • Interests:Philosophy, Knitting, Ornithology, folklore and fairies

Posted 10 April 2004 - 12:13 PM

fiaries having glowing bodies is a disney invention... the hand sized fairies were created around shakespeare's and spenser's time, and I'm not sure when the wings first made an appearance but they certainly have not always been associated with fairies.

The point which I should first wish to understand is whether the pious or holy is beloved by the gods because it is holy, or holy because it is beloved of the gods.

Sonnet XCIVBut if that flower with base infection meet,The basest weed outbraves his dignity:For sweetest things turn sourest by their deeds;Lilies that fester smell far worse than weeds

#12 freyjasdottir

freyjasdottir

Don't follow this leader

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,429 posts

Posted 10 April 2004 - 12:20 PM

I've seen something that may not may not have been terrestrial and one time my cousin saw it   with me...my brother and another cousin and one of their buddies all saw something one night and there were stories in the local paper about it....I don't see us as being the only life everywhere...the universe is too vast.

As to other items, well you just don't know what may have been in the past
Posted Image

Myspace

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results." Albert Einstein

Posted Image

Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#13 Yosei

Yosei

Thinks bats and skeletons are.....CUTE?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 10 April 2004 - 12:35 PM

Heh---personally I tend to visualize my spirit guide as a drag queen rather than a dragon! :) But I do think it's possible that there could be other kinds of beings who have always been discarnate, and some of them might even look like what we think of as dragons or fairies if they took on a visual form!
"I could die a thousand times, but I'll always be here..."---Rozz Williams"It's not the sound of a new generation, it is the noise of a degenerate nation...the Nightmare of the American Dream..."---DomianaNeed gifts for goths? Handmade jewelry, clothing, porcelain & more! http://www.accentuateyourlook.com

#14 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 10 April 2004 - 10:27 PM

I believe all our myths / legends have at least a kernel of truth to them.  Folklore is about explaining things we have witnessed but don't understand.

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#15 snoopymom

snoopymom

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 11 April 2004 - 01:48 PM

I must say that I agree whole heartedly with you Aloha.  To every myth there is some truth.  
I think I've discovered the secret of life - you just hang around until you get used to it. --Charles SchulzPosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users