• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 ghostlyguy1990

ghostlyguy1990

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 June 2006 - 04:21 PM

Does anyone here know any of the legends of bachelor's grove, because I want to go there and take a bunch of friends with to, with permission of cook county police.

#2 Robert Hawkins

Robert Hawkins

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 09:14 AM

Does anyone here know any of the legends of bachelor's grove, because I want to go there and take a bunch of friends with to, with permission of cook county police.

There are many legends of Bachelors Grove, and cook county police wont and cant give you permission to go in there. Only the owners of the location can do that, and then you also, have to be bonded to pay for insurance that they request of you, and they also require a city police officer to accompany you while you are there, and you have to pay their salary for the time that they are present. Bachelors Grove is one of the hardest cemeteries to gain permission to enter. but remember, you are more then welcome to go in there and do what ever you wish during daylight hours. but once it gets dark, you must leave, the police are starting to really crack down on people being inside this cemetery after dark.

#3 Magrathea82

Magrathea82

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Interests:reading, writing, ghost hunting

Posted 20 June 2006 - 04:09 PM

I know one legend of the White Lady, where someone took a picture and a lady showed up when the photographer claimed there was nobody there when the photo was taken
When life throws you a fast one, either duck or catch

#4 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,386 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 20 June 2006 - 04:19 PM

check this link

http://www.ghostvill.....s Grove&st=45
Posted Image

#5 TAPS

TAPS

Not a real member of T.A.P.S.!

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 10:16 PM

we just visited there. pm me and ill let you know all details and answer your questions

#6 TheHaunted13

TheHaunted13

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 03:31 AM

i'm gonna have to agree...good luck gettin permission from the police to let you and a bunch of friends go ahead and walk around bachelors grove.if anyone ever goes in the forest through the entrance with that "no trespassing" sign acting as the gate...take the back entrance through the residential neightborhood,its a about an 7-8 minute walk to actually get to the cemetery,and i believe,but i could be wrong that this alternative entrance is on 147th,but at least you will have a slimmer chance of gettin tagged by the police.
Posted Image

#7 liz101.1

liz101.1

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 09:58 AM

Hey y'all! It's my first post here. Just before I came to this website i found this info on Bachelor's Grove. It's really interesting. Theres many place out there for information on Bachelors Grove. What im really interested in is finding some information on Resurrection Cemetary. If you guys know of any sites or info let me know please!

http://www.geocities...8/gravegirl.htm

#8 DukeofBoogie

DukeofBoogie

Did the Time Warp at his wedding!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,274 posts
  • Interests:The Paranormal, Rock music, Movies, History (Especially the American Civil War), and spending time with my wife and daughter.

Posted 16 August 2006 - 10:12 AM

Hi Liz,

Welcome to GV. We have a great search function located on the main page of the Message Board, on the top right side. Type in the key words of the place your looking for and it will find any threads that make mention of it.

Happy Hunting :weeee:
http://www.facebook....59567008?v=wallhttp://www.cdbaby.co...eblackriverboyshttp://www.zoarcivilwar.com/In great deeds something abides. On great fields something stays.....Spirits linger, to consecrate ground for the vision place of souls. And reverent men and women from afar, and generations that know us not and that we know not of, heart-drawn to where and by whom great things were suffered and done for them, shall come to this deathless field, to ponder and dream; and lo! The shadow of a mighty presence shall wrap them in its bosom, and the power of the vision pass into thier soles.-Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

I've been hit byPosted Image mrsspookypants

#9 graveborn73

graveborn73

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 11:57 AM

i've been to bachelors grove but youll need $675 dollars for the permits if going at night like my ghosthunting group did.and a couple creepy legends are that on the way through the woods there is a house if you see it and try to go to it it dissapears,also the pond inside the cemetary is a bad place stay away from it at night 3 of our members were physically punched and slaped although nothing was there if you need more e-mail me at graveborn73@yahoo.com and i'll tell you how to get ahold of me k:)

Edited by DukeofBoogie, 25 August 2006 - 07:20 PM.

#10 HARLEYGUY201

HARLEYGUY201

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 11:46 PM

I have been visiting Bachelor Grove Cemeterey for the past twenty years. During the day
it is perfectly legal to visit, it is located in Rabino Forest Preserve, Midlothian Illinois.Being
a Forest Preserve it is owned by the people of Cook County Illinois. The preserve closes at dusk same as all Cook County Forest Preserves. I have been caught numerous times at night over the years.
Nothing much a warning and you are sent on your way except at Halloween when the police patrols are heavy and cars are towed.
I have seen unexplained mist, recorded strange voices, taken photos with numerous orbs, almost every visit, run into CRIERS ( tame version of satanists)and heard really strange noises.
Richard Crowe a Chicago Supernatural Investigator has called Bachelors Grove a potal to the otherside.
He also stated it is one of the most haunted locations in the country.
Anyone who goes day or night should find the grove worth the trip.

#11 rayzrwyre

rayzrwyre

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • Interests:I am interested in intelligent conversations with like-minded people who share a fascination with all things paranormal........now where would I find such wonderful people like that???

Posted 19 July 2007 - 11:39 PM

http://www.ghostrese...ites/bachelors/

try this one!
"Excuse me while I slip out of these wet clothes and into a dry martini!" - Groucho Marx

#12 Amy75

Amy75

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 07:01 PM

My friend and I went during the day last year...were stopped on the way in by the park police but they just tried to discourage the visit. I got some very neat pics of rainbows around different headstones and objects that were not visible when pics were taken. I never felt creeped out there, in fact I felt a sense of peace the entire time we were there. Hope that helps..

#13 DeadTrish

DeadTrish

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 07:22 PM

A friend of mines group goes there all the time. He's had some joint investigations with others as well. Perfectly fine during the day and just as active as well. Can't get them all at night but still worth it!
TrishDirector/ConsultantAfterlife Investigations: A Paranormal Research SocietyMEMENTO MORI

#14 CASSANdRA--

CASSANdRA--

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 12:49 PM

herees a websitee.. i loooked it up because onee of my cousinns weree lyk "that place is wicked awesomee" idk therr kind of weirdd =]

http://www.bachelorsgrove.com/ --->hopee it helpps :D

#15 StegerPS

StegerPS

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 11:53 PM

hey this is my first comment, listen I went during the day and I took a picture pass the cemetery around the woods in the back, there was only three of us and believe me what I felt is not very easly descriptive to tell you but anyway I took several pics and while reviewing the pics we came upon a small aparicion on the far left corner of this particular picture, if you wanna see it go to my space i'll give you my email rmendoza@consultant.com contact me if you want to go let me know and Ill take you to where I took the pic.
SPS
--Roger--

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users