Ultra Low Frequency 'Ghosts'

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Mr Eamcat

Mr Eamcat

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Interests:Theology, Philosophy, Jungian Psychology, Forteana, My Partner &amp; Kids, My Blog, Chocolate, Movies, Reading, Nature, Walking,<br />Meditation &amp; Hatha Yoga.

Posted 19 June 2006 - 09:49 AM

Here's an article on how one scientist though he was being haunted only to discover that ULF sound can have an odd effect on human physiology:

Workers at the lab told Tandy that the building was haunted, but being a reasoning man of science, he didn't believe them. At least, not at first.

Late one night, when Tandy was burning the midnight oil all alone at the laboratory, he had a face-to-face encounter with the unexplained. As he sat at his desk working in the silent, desolate building, a gnawing unease began to overtake him.

Tandy steeled himself and turned to face the ghostly shape dead-on, but he said it immediately faded and completely disappeared.

The morning after………. He clamped a fencing foil in a vice so that he could make some adjustments on it.

The tip of the foil was vibrating intensely and continuously, for no apparent reason.

His first thought was that there might be low frequency sound waves coming from somewhere in the laboratory

Full article: http://www.parascope...lips/fs30_2.htm

Edited by Mr Eamcat, 19 June 2006 - 09:51 AM.

#2 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 19 June 2006 - 11:30 AM

There are a few ULFs that are interesting. There's the infamous brown note which the Myth Busters crew couldn't reproduce (this frequency supposedly causes you to lose control over your bowels). Then there's the Ghost Frequency.

From what I've heard and read, the Ghost Frequency is 9Hz. It is low enough that most humans don't hear it, but they can feel it. Using a sound generator on my computer, I got a headache and felt somewhat nauxious at 11Hz. At9 Hz I had one of those "I'm not alone" moments.

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#3 Grim Undertakings

Grim Undertakings

Voted most likely to be a janitor in Highschool

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 09:24 AM

I do believe that I've read before that this Ultra Low Frequency sound will cause the eyeballs to "dither". This in turn usually results in feelings of unease, and at the most, due to eyeball dithering, people have witnessed greyish forms that they have mistaken for ghosts.

It seems to me however that this ULF effect does not happen often. Even if it did, that would only explain away feelings of unease and greyish forms, and not all of the other occurences that can take place such as an object being moved or thrown.

In my experience, when something unexplained occurs, there are no feelings of unease or any other signs. It's usually something that takes the Grim Undertakings team by surprise. :ghost:

#4 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,399 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 20 June 2006 - 05:57 PM

I too agree with Grim, the ULY may not be happenning ALL the time a ghost activity happens. From my personal experience, I have never felt anything "uncontrollable" when such a paranormal episode happened.
Posted Image

#5 evad_83647

evad_83647

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts
  • Interests:Military, parnormal, UFO's. I am an author, photographer and mechanic.

Posted 21 June 2006 - 01:29 PM

ULF has been researched quite a bit.

The findings are yes it can affect your mood.
Yes it can make you feel uneasy like you are being watched.
Yes it can be percieved to be used to predict an earthquake. (this is what researchers think may be happen when animals seem to know an event is going to transpire before it actually is felt by us).

I think it is tied into our insticts, we don't hear or recognize the signals but we percieve them as danger.

As a side note, our bodies act on frequencies. It you sent out the right signal it should be possible to make someone do something unconsciuosly.

Elephants communicate with ULF and I suspect reptiles would too, We had to live in a more dangerous world in our past and I think even though we don't realize it; we have receptors for these frequencies. It is not in our ears though it is in our skin and the hairs on our arms and the nape or our necks. It sounds logical to me. lol
Once I get there, there is somewhere else.Is it the beginning of the end or the end of the beginning?

#6 Furrycheeky

Furrycheeky

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 07:31 PM

An old workplace had trouble with ULF, many things were seen/felt that could not be explained. It went on for a while until a certain piece of machinery broke down, reports of "funny" goings on almost dried up overnight.
At first we didn't realise to tie it into the day the machine stopped, but when it was fixed a week later and the reports started again, someone made the link. With some investigation by a few of the workforce who were curious, the machine was found to be emmiting a very low frequency. A refit saw the installation of a rubber carpet under and behind it and from then on things got back to normal. We believe that the rubber feet under the machine had aged and allowed it to vibrate against the floor, and we were all picking up on the low sound and it caused the stories of seeing/feeling ghosts.

#7 evad_83647

evad_83647

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts
  • Interests:Military, parnormal, UFO's. I am an author, photographer and mechanic.

Posted 26 June 2006 - 01:20 AM

I'd like to describe an experience I think was caused by ULF.

I am a Jet Engine Mech; as many of you know. One of my jobs on the flightline was to run the planes to test the engines or subsystems. One of the positions on an engine run is called the ground observer. You stand on the ground with a headset and a communications cord connected to the aircraft so you can talk to the people upstairs.

Most people tend to think the noise a jet engine makes comes out the tailpipe. You would be partially correct. The high whining screaming noise does infact come out of the back of the engine, but a jet engine also creates a sonic vibration which makes the ground vibrate beneath your feet. You can feel this vibration through every muscle,joint and bone in your body. Much like you would feel an earthquake. At first it is an unsettling feeling as the ground moves beneath you and you vibrate with it. But after a few minutes at high power settings you become accustomed to the vibrations and ignore them.

These vibrations also do more than vibrate you, depending on the length of the run they can actually cause a form of hypnosis. More than one person has been killed by walking into the path of a propeller or sucked into a jet engine. I would watch the eninges spin down after the run was over and find myself wondering how slow they would have to be spinning before I could reach in and stop them with my bare hands.

Fortunately after the first two times; I never tried anymore. lol That was a joke people. lol I always overcame the urge to do just that, but I wasn't the only one who had those feelings. My body became impervious to danger and I felt like I could do feats that I knew I couldn't do before. The frequencies and duration of vibrations we were exposed to dulled our senses instead of heightening them. It was not uncommon after a run to have your ground guy walking around aimlessly as if in a trance.

These were obviously not ULF's frequencies but there were frequencies just the same and prolonged exposure definitely skewed our senses.

Just some food for thought.
Once I get there, there is somewhere else.Is it the beginning of the end or the end of the beginning?

#8 feusurlaneige

feusurlaneige

Not a very good "ghost" detective!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 26 June 2006 - 02:09 AM

I am quite interested in this low frequency thing. I need someone to explain this in laymans terms for me and to give me some examples of other low frequency things.

I am sure there are lots of things that we are exposed to that affect us more than we realise.

I would like to know why, when just before a storm, I get lots of energy and want to actually run.

Why. when someone has there finger about 4cm from my nose, that I can feel it before it touches? Its like a magnetic nerve feeling.

I know high frequency is like those dog whistles that most cant hear.

#9 evad_83647

evad_83647

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 26 June 2006 - 02:41 AM

Fues, ULF information is everywhere. It is how our submarines communicate, it is how elephants communicate. The people with all the degrees have discovered ULF can travel many miles with very low power.

I think you may know when a storm is coming by the changes in energy. I do not know if the storm is sending out low frequency signals.

Our hearing is subject to certain frequencies. But there are frequencies above and below our hearing range. Most people cannot hear light waves or radio waves. But what is transpiring when a song pops into your head and you find yourself singing it, then jump in your car and turn it on only to find the same song at the same place on the station that you usually listen to? I think you may have programmed yourself to hear that frequency.

You want laymens terms. Everything known to man emits a frequency, even a rock or grain of sand. Our audible (hearing) range is very small in the possible ranges of frequencies. We have developed instruments to pick up frequencies we cannot hear and translate them to our range of hearing. ie Radio. Some people do have more sensitive hearing than others and can pick up a wider range. The same is true for vision. We cannot ordinarily see infra red, but with special equipment we find there are many ranges of light beyond our perception.

Think about the way you "feel" things. You can be near a burner that has been turned off, it is not glowing red but you can still feel the heat emanating from it and you know it is hot and will burn you if touched.

It is my "opinion" you can feel ULF's also. We have just forgotten how to "tune" into them.

For you ghost hunters a ghost would be concerned with conserving energy, ULF's are a very conservative way to radiate energy.

#10 Grim Undertakings

Grim Undertakings

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 26 June 2006 - 09:49 PM

I'd like to describe an experience I think was caused by ULF.

I am a Jet Engine Mech; as many of you know. One of my jobs on the flightline was to run the planes to test the engines or subsystems. One of the positions on an engine run is called the ground observer. You stand on the ground with a headset and a communications cord connected to the aircraft so you can talk to the people upstairs.

Most people tend to think the noise a jet engine makes comes out the tailpipe. You would be partially correct. The high whining screaming noise does infact come out of the back of the engine, but a jet engine also creates a sonic vibration which makes the ground vibrate beneath your feet. You can feel this vibration through every muscle,joint and bone in your body. Much like you would feel an earthquake. At first it is an unsettling feeling as the ground moves beneath you and you vibrate with it. But after a few minutes at high power settings you become accustomed to the vibrations and ignore them.

These vibrations also do more than vibrate you, depending on the length of the run they can actually cause a form of hypnosis. More than one person has been killed by walking into the path of a propeller or sucked into a jet engine. I would watch the eninges spin down after the run was over and find myself wondering how slow they would have to be spinning before I could reach in and stop them with my bare hands.

Fortunately after the first two times; I never tried anymore. lol That was a joke people. lol I always overcame the urge to do just that, but I wasn't the only one who had those feelings. My body became impervious to danger and I felt like I could do feats that I knew I couldn't do before. The frequencies and duration of vibrations we were exposed to dulled our senses instead of heightening them. It was not uncommon after a run to have your ground guy walking around aimlessly as if in a trance.

These were obviously not ULF's frequencies but there were frequencies just the same and prolonged exposure definitely skewed our senses.

Just some food for thought.

Very interesting, Dave! Sometimes I forget what your profession is, and then when I read something to remind me, I find myself thinking, "Man, this guy fixes jet engines!" :)

Well, back to listening to this tape to see if there's any unexplainable voices on it.......

:wow: :ghost:

Hi Dave,
Your explanation of ULF was also very interesting, and in relation to ghosts, you have the 'ol brain going now. Might ghosts be usuing ULF along with other forms of energy in our natural environment? :ghost:

#11 evad_83647

evad_83647

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 02:06 PM

Grim. I think on our side of the coin, then turn the coin over. Energy is a wide and varied feild. Because everything has stored or potential energy we have found way to extract some of it to do work for us.

We can dam a river and place a turbine in it and take some of the energy from the water and use it to turn on a light. We can take oil and put it in our cars and light it on fire and extract the energy from it to drive down the road. We have found ways to use solar and wind energy as well.

A ghost would also have to learn to manipulate the energy that was available to it. (We didn't always have electric lights and cars).

If there are ghosts this is why I surmise there are weaker and stronger ones. The stronger ones have learned how to tap into more condensed energy sources. On the other side of that coin maybe they can't become too powerful because like us too much energy would kill us. Where does a ghost go when he dies? Is there life after ghost? lol

Let see this was supposed to be about ULF's, how do I tie this in?

Ghosts may use ULF to communicate with each other like elephants do.

A question for you EVP catchers. Do you have to speed up or slow down the tape to get anything coherent out of it? Of course that could also be like playing Black Sabbath Backwards. lol

In direct answer to your question I see ghosts emmiting ULF's instead of absorbing them.

Edited by evad_83647, 27 June 2006 - 02:09 PM.

#12 Grim Undertakings

Grim Undertakings

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 07:16 PM

Excellent points, Dave.
Even though you don't go out looking for ghosts, you sure do think like a ghost researcher! :(

As for EVP, I just run a brand new tape at regular speed, and if anything shows up that I can't explain, I catalogue it. I've heard of some ghost groups presenting their EVP findings for both backwards and forwards playback. This may work, as I haven't tried it yet, but I have trouble understanding the point of it. Why would a ghost say something one way, and something different another way? Maybe the reverse EVP is more "hearing what we want to hear"? Does anyone else here catalogue reverse EVP?

I use both sides of the tape, but I think next time, depending on the circumstances, I may only use side A due to some good points that Krc made in another thread. :whoohoo:

#13 feusurlaneige

feusurlaneige

Not a very good "ghost" detective!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 12:48 AM

I never play them back, I dont see a point. My opinion is that spirit will talk normally or present the energy of voice in a 'normal' way because they are wanting us to hear them as we would hear any words. Its hard enough for them to make their presence known and to be acknowledged that they are still here in spirit so why would they go and complicate the matter. My opinion is that when an evp is played back it may sound like distinguishable words but I dont believe they are. I also dont like to play around much with evp. You should be able to hear them without too much distortion. I do however slow them down at times.

I agree with evads comment that there must be weak and strong spirits. I believe this could be the case. I think a strong willed and manipulative and overbearing spirit will go to greater lengths to manipulate energy to suit itself. If the spirit was excessive in life or went the extra yard whether that be negatively or positively, I feel that it will behave the same way in the spiritworld. Shrinking violets tend to stand back and be dominated by more stronger willed spirits. Its pretty much the same as real life.
Spirits that were intelligent in life will use the same intelligence in the spirit world to get a point across.

I feel that personality has a lot to do with a spirits determination to make itself known or send a message across. I also think that the energy that spirit can leech from us or the environment makes for better evps also. The voices come across a lot stronger and distinct and when enough energy is being absorbed, a spirit can create its voice using the energy to be heard audibly on our wave lengths.

#14 evad_83647

evad_83647

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 01:44 PM

I think you complimented the skeptic. lol

I am an observer, I have to observe the symptoms of jet engine anomalies to be able to get to the root cause and fix them. This is what makes me a pretty good mechanic as I can diagnose and fix a problem before it destroys the engine.

My powers of observation did not start with jet engines nor are they limited to jet engines. If you tell me you have constant headaches and I see you are banging your head against the wall... I may tell you to try to stop banging your head against the wall. Then again I may be so entertained I may just watch.

I cannot change my habit of observation it is a natuaral part of me, not that I would want to change it anyway. I have observed here at GV that EVP's and photos wil not be enough proof to convince anyone of ghosts existence or lack of existence.

I do think a lot of your ghost encounters are explainable by other means, but some leave you wondering...

Oh yeah this is the ULF thread...
I definitely believe some ghost encounters can be explained by ULF's, wheter its ghosts emiiting them or other natural forces is up for debate.

I would think all serious ghost hunters use their powers of observation just as I do and will eliminate the obvious just as I do. Once we eliminate all possible natural causes we have three choices left. It is either a ghost or something we overlooked or something we haven't learned yet. I would definitely observe the ULF side of the hunt though.

Feus and Grim you both are exactly where you should be (mentally) for ghost hunting. You are both very open minded and willing to listen to all viewpoints wether you agree with them or not. People like you are going to prove conclusively the existance or lack of existance of ghosts.

Feus your repeatable encounters is the way to prove it. Start inviting the press to go along.

Good luck
Happy hunting
Dave

#15 Grim Undertakings

Grim Undertakings

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 10:56 PM

Thanks, Dave! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Edited by Grim Undertakings, 28 June 2006 - 10:57 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users