satanist?

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#16 randystreu

randystreu

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 846 posts
  • Interests:video, paintball, theology, philosophy, political science, sci-fi, and so on, and so forth...

Posted 21 June 2006 - 06:31 AM

As most fundamentalist religions (mine included) -do- believe that theirs is the -right- one, i personally am not offended by somebody else disagreeing with me. I'm only saying this as an attempt to stick to topic, and avoid arguments over Father's opinion and (unnecessary) choice of wording. :hug:

Myself, Father, I am a Christian, and am studying demonology from that perspective.

I too am interested in your perspective; especially as it seems more fundamentalist than that of others who call themselves satanists; including, i might add, Anton LaVey. His is rather and live-and-let-live perspective; many roads to the truth and all that -- I've not seen too many satanists who claim real exclusivity.

Edited by randystreu, 21 June 2006 - 06:32 AM.

#17 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 21 June 2006 - 10:43 PM

I hope this thread will be a spot for other Satanists to pick up where Father Satan prevails left off in expounding your beliefs. In doing so, please try to be sensitive to other Villagers.

In my introductory post, I explained the meaning of my name: aloha spirit. Taken by itself, aloha is the sum of all good and positive feelings / emotions / wishes towards another. It literally means May the Divine breathe a blessing upon thy face (note it doesn't say which deity).

Taken together, the aloha spirit is the ability to treat each other with kindness and celebrate our differences and similarities in a respectful manner.

Help me keep the Aloha Spirit alive in this sensitive topic;)

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#18 rat girl

rat girl

Iron Strangler that feasts on beer!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Interests:my interests are reading, anything on the paranormal - checking out other peoples ghost photos and watching horror movie, reading anything by Richard Laymon, i like photoshop and other photograph program's. I live in Scotland with my partner, we have a mini zoo in our house. At the moment we have 4 rats, unfortunately 8 of our ratties have passed away, we also have 2 guinea pigs, a rabbit, a corn snake, a bearded dragon and 2 degus!!

Posted 22 June 2006 - 09:56 AM

hi there everyone

is Father Satan prevails a member of ghost village or is he a guest?

i was interested in what he had to say but he seems to have dissapeared

when i first seen his post i thought to myself "mmmh i think we have a bit of a funny cookie here"

i also think he would be better off over in the ghost village assylum!
Posted Image

#19 Saint

Saint

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 10:01 AM

is anyone here a satanist? or a demonologist?

Hello FSP/ Welcome to the Village
My name is Saint (not as in the traditional biblical term). I am not a satanist nor do I have any religious denomination. I have studied many different faiths and beliefs over the years including satanism.
Demonology by definition is the study of the history of demons and their origins, and their influence and power over mankind. A demonologist usually (not always) studies from a religious point such as a priest would study this to have a better understanding of possession as spiritual, versus science who would claim it
is psychological or genetic. I also have studied occults and Satanic worship. (Not as a practice), but I find it
fascinating the A-Z difference in belief systems through out the world. SO SO many beliefs out there.
I would like to know why you have chosen this faith or belief system? What you hope to get from this practice? Was this something you found on your own? Did others influence your decision to following as a part of a cult? Was this always your faith? Would love to hear your views on the above. Respectfully of course.

Saint
:clap:

#20 mrsspookypants

mrsspookypants

Yep, she's THE GHOST....blame it ALL on her!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts
  • Interests:Scary things....

Posted 22 June 2006 - 10:18 AM

Father Satan prevails was an account that was created in order to stir up some controversy and trouble. That has been taken care of and the post has been brought back after a bit of clean up because of the interesting topic.

Let's keep it on the topic at hand....

#21 Mr Eamcat

Mr Eamcat

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Interests:Theology, Philosophy, Jungian Psychology, Forteana, My Partner &amp; Kids, My Blog, Chocolate, Movies, Reading, Nature, Walking,<br />Meditation &amp; Hatha Yoga.

Posted 22 June 2006 - 10:25 AM

OK everyone 'Do Not Feed The Trolls' :clap:

So does anyone have any personal information on Satanism?

I know I can Google it, but I'm interested in views rather than endless script.

What I want to know is, given the negative perception of Satanists/Satanism, what would encourage anyone to follow that path?

Is the public perception of Satanism incorrect?

Are there different aspects of Satanism that need to be looked at?

Is it merely a psuedo-religious/political stance taken to rebel against society in general?

#22 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,391 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 22 June 2006 - 10:52 AM

From my point of view, the term "satan" as used by the satanist is synonymous with the word "God" because whatever you worship and look up for the power is God in my perception. even though the origin of satanism could be the real attitude, I personally do not see anything wrong with the worship part, as long as the person involves is serious and is taking up all the responsibility for whatsoever.
Posted Image

#23 CastleBee

CastleBee

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
  • Interests:Animals, Art, Photography, Traveling, Reading, and Gardening.

Posted 22 June 2006 - 11:44 AM

I'm not a particularly religious person, but I do mind when someone declares their religion being the 'right one'.

Don't conservative Christians and Catholics do the same thing, more or less?

I know what you mean - it sounds like the height of arrogance AND ignorance. The thing is though, most people who strongly believe something are convinced that they've found the right path. Even if a person claims to accept "all paths to God" that's still a viewpoint and can be considered as yet another belief system to toss in the face of the "unenlighted".

BTW: Protestants don't have the exclusive right to the term - Catholics also consider themselves to be Christians - though I think both sides of the fence believe they have the "whole story" as well as the correct version of the Bible. :clap:

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated."- Ghandi, In Philosophy

#24 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 22 June 2006 - 11:53 AM

~I personally feel that those who turn to Satanism as a religion is because they have nothing else to "hold on to". Maybe their life has gone to "hell in a handbasket" and has felt as though everyone else has turned their backs on them and the only way to go is "down"...in a sense. When I was 15, I hated my life so much so that I turned to the Devil for help (I tried praying with no results, so I felt like He didn't love me either). I went to the local library and found a book on Satanism. I would've given the devil my soul if it meant I'd finally be happy. My step-monster found some things I'd written down that I hid in the top of my closet. She of course showed my Dad & they shipped me off to this church camp so I could be saved. All I'd see at the Tent Revival was a bunch of people flopping around on the ground & "talking in tongue". Then I started crying like a baby on the spot. Maybe overwhelming...not sure. But I'm alot older now, I absolutely love my life now, & I just think that's why some turn to the satanism religion...just no where else to go. Of course this is just an opinion.
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#25 jakob493

jakob493

Very greedy and not happy with just one tag

• PipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 12:07 PM

I agree with Laurie Ann, I have personally known many teens that turned to Satanism as just something to turn to when they were depressed or angry or something like that.

I do know some true Satanists though, and they have strong viewpoints on their religion and there are many different types of 'Satanism' s that are completely different. Some dont even believe in Satan.

Sounds like Randy has heard of a Dr. Anton LaVey before, and I'm wondering if anyone else here has. I have dont read any of his books, but I am aware of them. I may pick one up someday. I learned a little of him from reading The Long Hard Road Out of Hell by Marilyn Manson, because they were pretty close friends. Anton LaVey, if you dont know, started the Church of Satan. His belief is actually very misleading. True LaVey followers are based on the belief that "God nor Satan exists, and Satanism is about worshipping yourself, because you are responsible for your own goods and evils."

I find it almost dissapointing that FSP was a false account and not who he says he was. It would have been interesting to speak with him. I could tell when we were talking to him on the chat room he was acting pretty defensive and was angered for no reason...

#26 jakob493

jakob493

Very greedy and not happy with just one tag

• PipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 12:48 PM

I apologize if this ends up being a double post, but I have some more to say.

From other Satanists I have spoken to, the majority of whom I have found to be "true" Satanists (Those who I found take the religion seriously and aren't just saying it for attention) do not find their 'Father Satan' as an "evil" figure as portrayed in Christianity. They find him as a warm, loving father figure that is more straightforward in interacting with people, rather than how many believe the Christian God interacts with people more subtle-like. Its a totally different perspective than protrayed by the masses. They don't sacrifice life, they dont have morbid personalities, they dont perform black magick, etc. They are just normal people.

Speaking of which, notice how above I have put quotes around the word evil above. This had a reason. I want to ask you all, what do you find the meaning of the word "evil" to be? Don't you find the words "good" and "evil" to be just relative terms? I personally don't believe in those words, the meanings are something that, I think, can only be found in fictional stories. The word "good" wouldnt exist if "evil" didnt. So therefore, one would think that it must be good to be evil in some way, you are allowing good to exist. On the flip side, it must be evil to be good in some way because you are allowing the existance of evil. I dont believe in good or evil, I think everything is balanced out one way or another.

Note, I am not putting down anyones beliefs or anything, I am just stating what I think. Also, I am not a Satanist per se, I find it has its good points and its not so good points, as every belief system. I dont affiliate myself with Satanism, Christianity, or any other organized religion. Just saying :clap:

#27 ghostlyguy1990

ghostlyguy1990

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 01:17 PM

Good and evil are just opinions, not fact. I would like to hear about the views of satinism. Though I am a devout catholic I like to hear other's views.

#28 FallenAngel

FallenAngel

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 04:07 PM

Quote-

I know what you mean - it sounds like the height of arrogance AND ignorance. The thing is though, most people who strongly believe something are convinced that they've found the right path. Even if a person claims to accept "all paths to God" that's still a viewpoint and can be considered as yet another belief system to toss in the face of the "unenlighted".

BTW: Protestants don't have the exclusive right to the term - Catholics also consider themselves to be Christians - though I think both sides of the fence believe they have the "whole story" as well as the correct version of the Bible. :clap:
-Unquote

Alot of whatI am hearing is kinda like what i was talking about in my post " Just had a thought". But I dont see how anyone could think they have the whole story right and the correct version of the bible when there is so much missing out of the bible. Many chapters that were written are not in the bible, it skips out a big portion of time where no one really knows what happened. They buried the other chapters in hills and distroyed some of them because in my opinion there was obviously something nobody wanted us to know. They found I think one that was still readable and it talked about Mary Magdalin ( sp?)............but most people dont know this, but even if they did the arrogance of people would still make them think they knew it all. But they dont.

I am open to all religions, I like to learn about them and could really care less what others believe in, good for them I am glad they believe in something I guess, I am still not sure if I am okay with satanism, but that is probably because I dont know enough about it. I am catholic myself but I dont go to church there are to many know-it-alls in church that just royally piss me off.

#29 CastleBee

CastleBee

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
  • Interests:Animals, Art, Photography, Traveling, Reading, and Gardening.

Posted 22 June 2006 - 04:15 PM

Good and evil are just opinions, not fact. I would like to hear about the views of satinism. Though I am a devout catholic I like to hear other's views.

Not trying to be an irritant ghostlyguy1990 but, I've been through this. If your opinion is that good and evil are relative vs absolute I'm pretty sure you'd get an argument from the Catholic church.

Personally, I believe there are things that are absolutly good and others that are absolutly evil. But, sorting it out is never easy. There are areas that appear to be gray, but, if you really want the answer you will find it within yourself. One red flag for evil (IMO) is anything that is harmful or destructive - i.e., hate. Absolute good is best described as love.

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated."- Ghandi, In Philosophy

#30 Bobnoxious

Bobnoxious

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts
  • Interests:Music (heavy metal, punk rock, rockabilly, progressive rock, old country, garage rock, and other non mainstream sounds), movies (horror, sci-fi, exploitation, independent, foreign, and old classics mainly), writing (mostly for my zine/website Utter Trash - http://www.uttertrash.net), and singing for my band Horror of 59 (http://www.horrorof59.com).

Posted 26 June 2006 - 01:00 AM

I've actually read Anton LaVey's 'Satanic Bible', and I found it to be a fairly interesting work of philosophy. As has been mentioned in other posts, those belonging to LaVey's "official" church of Satan don't actually worship "the Devil" as such. They simply feel that Christianity is hypocritical and leads to a denial of "true" human nature. LaVey's brand of Satanism could best be described as sort of an organized athiesm combined with a bit of ritual magick and carny showmanship. It's more philosophy than religion. Of course there are some people who literally worship the Devil, but their numbers are relatively small and they tend to be fairly disorganized. And as long as they aren't breaking any laws, that's their business.
"Future events such as these will affect you in the future." - Criswell, 'Plan 9 From Outer Space'

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users