"flashing" orbs solved!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mish_mash

mish_mash

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Interests:art, drawing, ghosts, paranormal, supernatural, brave little toaster, horror, film, animals, pizza, anthropomorphic, furries, ferrets, fantasy, cars ( the movie)

Posted 27 June 2006 - 04:03 AM

This might be old news but I've figured out what flashing or twinkle orbs are. an example of this would be on most haunted with orbs around a babies cot which even the sceptic guy didn't know what they were.

all it is is *drum roll* GLITTER! kids craft glitter. the stuff gets everywhere and is blow about very easily, i know because I've sneezed in a load and got it in my eye @_@. the flashing is caused by when it turns in the air so you get "twinkling" orbs.

prolly old news but meh
Posted ImageAme: "MATER! DON'T POKE THE GHOSTLIGHT!"Mater: *Pokes it*Ame: O.o "Idiot..."

#2 DarkPrincess

DarkPrincess

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Interests:Actually...A little bit of everything...I really love posting on GV and I enjoy the chat a lot also. Everyone has been just great! <br />If you have Yahoo or MSN ask me for ID :) feel free to PM me too.

Posted 27 June 2006 - 07:52 AM

In house this would definitely apply, also there are many kinds of ceiling finish that contains glitter as well, the house I live in now does have the blown on finish without the gold or silver glitter in it. The house I used to rent had the gold AND silver in it, it was Everywhere and God Forbid you bumped the ceiling with Anything. Good Call! BUT...yeah there is always a but some where in a crowd...Hehe...Glitter can Not explain the sparkling orbs in remote graveyards or places where glitter isn't present. :hug:
Posted Image

#3 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 27 June 2006 - 08:29 AM

This is a great subject and I think I have it figured out but it is a little different. I believe the flashing orbs to be a form of dust that is faceted like the sides of a diamond. This dust is spinning and when the facets come around they reflect the light back at the camera and they appear to be flashing. It is interesting that glitter would show up that way too but I don't believe I have ever encountered glitter during an investigation. It is a good thing to know that it shows this way.

P.S. I am going to move this subject to the General Board where it can be better served.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#4 Axman

Axman

Chainsaws are better......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 27 June 2006 - 10:00 PM

I agree krc, even sand has a crystaline structure. If you magnify a grain of sand you'd see what would appear as a small quartz crystal.
Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users