#16 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 01 July 2003 - 09:49 AM

Sweetness, the liability waiver should help a lot as far as
coaxing a reluctant owner to give their blessings ;D
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#17 Jess__reborn

Jess__reborn

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 01 July 2003 - 04:58 PM

Yeah, I only hope that they can be easily persuaded.  That may be a problem, I have come to find out that they have brought in alittle extra security (they know have 4 dogs instead of 1).  Some coworkers of mine tried to go up there and talked to the lady and were chased off the property.  

#18 Angel

Angel

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 24 July 2003 - 02:46 PM

Now this doesn't even have anything to do w/ me ;), but i read it and now I'm interested ;D !! I see the last post is from the beginning of the month...anything new since then?? :-/
"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense." Buddha (563BC-483BC )

#19 Pandora801

Pandora801

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 July 2003 - 11:14 AM

There may be some information on yahoo if you go in and search for it i did that and there are a few things on it you would know more of what you're looking for

#20 Jess__reborn

Jess__reborn

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 11 August 2003 - 04:06 PM

Nothing new since then.  Whispers of Fire came to Minnesota and we were going to go out there to investigate it, but he didn't really want to interupt the people.  So maybe next time.  But we did drive up to it so he could sort of see it.

I haven't found out anything else since last time.  I am still secretly hoping for some dark hidden secret.  That would just add to everything. ;D

#21 Tweety

Tweety

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Location:x1|Satans Torture Chamber|USA|usa|380|127|IN,Indiana

Posted 11 August 2004 - 04:40 PM

Hello, I'm new around here and someone from another board was good enough to point me over here, and I must say I'm already liking it!!!!
  Anyhow I'm looking for any and all info anyone would have on the St. Julia Hospital!!! I've looked a long time online and this is the most I've ever seen!!!
  Can anyone tell me the name the nursing home was it was changed too? And does anyone have any photos?? And has anyone been here recently?? Sorry for all the questions I am just trying to find out as much as I can!!!!
    Thanks for all the help!!!!
~Maybe This World is Another Planets Hell~

#22 Mykiedave

Mykiedave

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,977 posts

Posted 12 August 2004 - 04:53 PM

Hi Tweety,

Welcome to the board. Use our search function here and I'm sure you'll find all sorts of info. Either go to the top and click on search or go to the home page and enter the topic you are looking for. and one more thing....

WELCOME TO THE VILLAGE.
Growing old is mandatory... growing UP is optional.I didn't say it was YOUR fault, I SAID I was going to BLAME you.The nice thing about being Senile is, I can hide my own Easter Eggs.Posted Image

#23 PolarisRider06

PolarisRider06

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 September 2005 - 01:15 AM

well i've been looking for info on this for the last few days... i heard about it earlier this fall and the other day me and a bunch of guys decided to check it out. i have not yet been able to find anything out about it but i have heard that at one point it had its own crematory (just hearsay not sure about it) and that they kept the TB patients in the lowest level of the basement(there are 2 levels below ground).....

we have planned a trip for a day soon in the future and when i brought it up in school today some other guys were interested. they went to check it out earlier tonight and are coming along on the next trip. they said there was some really f-ed up $#!t that happened but they didn't inform me of much cause they said they didn't want to ruin the surprise. some of the stuff they did tell me though is that they went all of the way to the top floor and there were "shadows" on walls and the floor in front of them that would move around and it wasn't from them (all they had were cell phones for light) and that they went to the basement and saw the stairs going down another floor into the ground and there was a really small room with a large metal door that had barred windows that they glanced in and then when they were down there they looked over at a wall and there was a rope hanging there swinging but there was no breeze and no one was anywhere near it. they also said that some weird stuff happened on the top floor but that i would have to wait till i go to see what they are talking about.

another one of my friends that has been there a few times said that one of the guys in their group got a bloody nose when they were walking around the first floor and it was all over his face and shirt and he could taste it and everything and he freaked out and ran out and when they got outside there was no more blood anywhere, his shirt, his face, anywhere but he could still taste it.... also they had brought a camera with brand new batteries but when they got to the building the batteries were dead and they couldn't get the cam on but when they left it turned on right away in the car.....

my sister has also been there and she said they took pictures of holes in the wall or something like that and in the picture there were wierd white dots/lights....

i guess i will find out soon whats up with this place...... we plan on bringing video and still cameras to document it... purely for thrill though we all are in it for the rush but it may get us into this stuff a little more....

also has anyone heard of the haunted bomb shelter between cass lake and bemidji i saw something on it on another forum while searching for st julias and there were no details just someone asking about it.....

#24 matt32

matt32

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 30 September 2005 - 06:18 PM

please get ppd and check check for tb exposure, this stuff gets into vents and stuff and if you creat dust by walking thru it u may be exposed, so i would check for that tb is nasty stuff... becarefull!!!!

#25 PolarisRider06

PolarisRider06

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 October 2005 - 01:39 AM

it really BAD_WORD me off because at first there was 6 of us going to go then we were talking about it at school and the guys who went the other day were interested and they have been there once since.... now about half the god D@*N school is going out there and all at the same F&^(ing time which is right when we had originally planned to go out there so now they are probably going to ruin it for everyone else..... it just totally wrecks the fun of it because me and the guys were going to be the ones to do it and tell everyone else but now everyone else is going and we will never even be aknowleged as the guys with the idea....

#26 julialake

julialake

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 06:37 PM

I just thought I would share alittle bit of interesting history on the area I live around.  When I was at work one day some kids were talking about an old building that stood on a lake.  (Supposidly haunted).  But from there understandings, it was an old mental clinic.  I did some more digging at work and discovered it was an old TB Sanitarium.  The more I heard about it the more I was interested in visiting it for myself.  So one night me and about 5 other guys went there.  At first I noticed nothing out of the ordinary, but the further I got away from the rest of the group, the more I got scared.  It wasn't that it's creepy by any means, it's just the feelings I was recieving from that particular floor.  While the rest of the boys were in the basement, I had somehow managed to make my up to the very top floor.  I don't really remember going up there, until the boys started calling for me.  The higher up you go, the stronger and colder the wind gets.  There can be no wind walking up to the place and I soon as you enter the building, the wind can get so strong it is sometimes very hard to walk.  On the third floor I found in one room especially, that it was very hard for me to breathe.  But I would only feel stuff when I was alone.  So I am still trying to figure this out.  The TB hospital had closed down sometime after WWII and then became a nursing home.  
I have found more history on the place but it was hard to do.  All the books and papers I had looked in, the articles about the TB place had been torn out.  :-[
I would just like some thoughts as to what you all think.

#27 MaggieMags

MaggieMags

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 02:39 PM

I live about 5 miles away from the Lake Julia Sanatorium. It can't be accessed right now, and from what I can tell, they're either tearing down or renovating the building. I try to get in on a fairly regular basis. It was for sale a few years ago and my dad ALMOST bought the place. Man, can you imagine???

As far as I know, the crematorium rumors are true. I've never seen any official records, but I know of people who have seen old papers that say 11 THOUSAND + people died there, which is unlikely, but you never know.

There's another san in Bemidji that I'm trying to find info on. No such luck yet, but the few people who have made it out there have all come back with great stories.

#28 LJthewidowspeak

LJthewidowspeak

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 05:23 PM

wow i've been searching and searching for info on this place i have a team that wants to conduct a paranormal Investigation/documentary which will air on tv i want to get touch with the current owners but almost everything lead to a dead end till i found this topic!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users