hole that will not stay filled

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 snakebiteoftexas

snakebiteoftexas

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts
  • Interests:searching for haunted places as i drive cross country in my 18 wheeler with my lovely wife and meeting people to go ghost hunting with and playing fantasy sports

Posted 28 June 2006 - 11:23 PM

back in the civil war my great great grand pa came home to be with his sick wife the locals around there got drunk and decided he was a derserter the got together and hung him but he was so tall the rope let his feet drag a cripple in the group used his crutch to dig a hole under his feet after the hanging was over the men involved all died by accidents that involved wood one was even killed when a branch from the hanging tree fell on him as he rode under it to this day the hole is still there nothing will stay in it the hole is by the new bridge in newton al
Posted ImageWWW.SOUTHERNSPIRITSEEKERSOCIETY.COM

#2 DukeofBoogie

DukeofBoogie

Did the Time Warp at his wedding!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,274 posts
  • Interests:The Paranormal, Rock music, Movies, History (Especially the American Civil War), and spending time with my wife and daughter.

Posted 29 June 2006 - 05:03 AM

That's a great ghost legend. Have you seen the hole yourself?
http://www.facebook....59567008?v=wallhttp://www.cdbaby.co...eblackriverboyshttp://www.zoarcivilwar.com/In great deeds something abides. On great fields something stays.....Spirits linger, to consecrate ground for the vision place of souls. And reverent men and women from afar, and generations that know us not and that we know not of, heart-drawn to where and by whom great things were suffered and done for them, shall come to this deathless field, to ponder and dream; and lo! The shadow of a mighty presence shall wrap them in its bosom, and the power of the vision pass into thier soles.-Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

I've been hit byPosted Image mrsspookypants

#3 randystreu

randystreu

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 846 posts
  • Interests:video, paintball, theology, philosophy, political science, sci-fi, and so on, and so forth...

Posted 29 June 2006 - 06:10 AM

that is a pretty good legend.
you should write it somewhere for posterity...
:P

#4 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 29 June 2006 - 07:30 AM

~WOW!!! Is there any way you can go there and take a few pictures??? Maybe you'll catch something? I liked the story...very interesting!!!!
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#5 DarkPrincess

DarkPrincess

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Interests:Actually...A little bit of everything...I really love posting on GV and I enjoy the chat a lot also. Everyone has been just great! <br />If you have Yahoo or MSN ask me for ID :) feel free to PM me too.

Posted 30 June 2006 - 09:45 PM

I would like to see pics of the hole and tree as well. oh and the graves of those who were killed there after the incident as well!
Posted Image

#6 snakebiteoftexas

snakebiteoftexas

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts
  • Interests:searching for haunted places as i drive cross country in my 18 wheeler with my lovely wife and meeting people to go ghost hunting with and playing fantasy sports

Posted 30 June 2006 - 10:32 PM

i have seen the hole and graves ill be back there in aug or sept ill take pics and see what happens this story is also in a book called 13 alabama ghosts and jeffery

#7 snakebiteoftexas

snakebiteoftexas

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 05:47 PM

well its august i went to the hole today and i found the gravesite of my great great grandpa ill post the pics this weekend i have a few more places to go b4 i delolp all the film

#8 Night Star

Night Star

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, animals, reading, music, dragons, fairies, elves, being creative...

Posted 17 August 2006 - 06:26 PM

:) Cool. I look forward to seeing the pics!
Posted Image

#9 beccaluvsghostsntexas

beccaluvsghostsntexas

Looking for some frozen butt snowfairies.......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts
  • Interests:Anything paranormal!

Posted 17 August 2006 - 10:20 PM

Wow, what a cool story! Can't wait to see the pictures you have!
It's just Becca Posted Image

#10 Morbid

Morbid

Thinks the jelly runs out of the peanut butter sandwich in head

• PipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 11:38 PM

You shoulda tried to fill it. There's hole in Pa that won't stay filled either. We call it Centralia. There's a mine fire underneath and they try to fill it to stop the fire, but it just burns through everyhting. It sucks because it's gonna soon enough consume my town too.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted.The law of Chaos.

#11 snakebiteoftexas

snakebiteoftexas

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 10:04 PM

URL=http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=3259835]Posted Image[/URL]Posted ImagePosted Image here are the pics the hole is under the new bridge my great great grandpas stone and my great great grandmas stone who he was going home too when i can find the stones of the people that hung him ill post them

#12 nnyprs

nnyprs

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  • Interests:All things paranormal.

Posted 26 August 2006 - 07:57 AM

I was really hoping for a better picture of the hole....is it like just an indentation now?

Great story though...interesting that it happened within your own family.
The Northern New York Paranormal Research SocietySEEK TRUTH!!!The NNYPRS Discussion ForumSEEK TRUTH!!![url=http://www.blogtalkradio.com/NNYPRS[/url]SEEK TRUTH!!!Posted Image

#13 erna_butter

erna_butter

weird ancient from the medieval times

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts
  • Interests:Art (any kind), computers, paranormal, forensics, psychology, and of course fantasy books, and history.

Posted 26 August 2006 - 11:26 AM

very interesting story, can`t wait to see more pictures ...when you put them up..
Posted Image I A.M CANADIAN

#14 snakebiteoftexas

snakebiteoftexas

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 11:03 PM

yes just a small scraping not deep at all sorry

#15 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 27 August 2006 - 08:16 AM

yes just a small scraping not deep at all sorry

~Heck, don't be sorrry!!! Gee, at least you went out of your way and took pics for us!! I wasn't expecting anything like a trench, I got to see exactly what I'd expected, under your Grandpa's unfortunate circumstances. I'm sorry to hear the tragedy behind his passing & thank you for not only sharing your story, but posting pics as well. :clap:
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users