Help! I think my house is haunted

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#16 snakebiteoftexas

snakebiteoftexas

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts
  • Interests:searching for haunted places as i drive cross country in my 18 wheeler with my lovely wife and meeting people to go ghost hunting with and playing fantasy sports

Posted 11 July 2006 - 12:29 AM

i dont have the years krc does but i get to that area a lot if you are willing i would stop by and see what i can come up with but its up to you
Posted ImageWWW.SOUTHERNSPIRITSEEKERSOCIETY.COM

#17 Vivienne_DuBois

Vivienne_DuBois

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 06:17 AM

Hounds,

I would not recommend asking anything which you felt was negative/evil to show itself. That's only adding fuel to the fire, provoking the entity and can only serve to make things much worse than they already are. If you want this entity to leave you and yours alone, why ask it to come around some more?

Just my thoughts.

Viv

#18 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 11 July 2006 - 06:57 AM

Hounds,

I would not recommend asking anything which you felt was negative/evil to show itself. That's only adding fuel to the fire, provoking the entity and can only serve to make things much worse than they already are. If you want this entity to leave you and yours alone, why ask it to come around some more?

Just my thoughts.

Viv

~My thoughts, too. You definately DO NOT want this thing to show it's ugly face!!!! "He" already hurt your cat (in one of your posts you stated), Hounds. You don't need or want this to get worst by asking it to show it's face-please don't do this! As soon as possible, please try to get a Paranormal Research Team into your home to cleanse it after they do their business. And just like Dave said, you need to remain calm at all costs. I know it's easier said than done, but you've been dealing with this "man" for years, it's time to get rid of him once & for all. The folks here are truly worried about you, so please listen to what they're saying. They know their stuff and again, please try to get a P.R Team in there quickly. Whatever happened to the truck your Dad bought, just curious. Good luck, sweety. Remember we're here for you.
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#19 damckie

damckie

My innersoul rides on a big fluffy cloud....

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,113 posts
  • Interests:Ghost Hunting!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hanging with my best friend and soulmate

Posted 11 July 2006 - 03:21 PM

Please keep in touch over this. We all want the best for you and your family. Yes, please bring in a team of experts and let them do the work. They most certainly will get the name of this man and maybe he might tell them to why he is there. This will take some time for them to do their work. On an average investigation, they usually take about 2-3 visits, maybe more. He may not come out on the first visit. But hang in there and have complete faith in you and your family on dealing with this spirit. Dave
Two hearts drawn together bound by destiny. Every road leads to your door...."Will you still love me?" By Chicago. Love is the reason we'll never be alone. In love, in love.... "I believe." By Chicago. I LOVE YOU JULIET!!! The Spirit Stalker of Ohio "BREAK ON THROUGH TO THE OTHER SIDE" The Doors! GOOD DAVE HUNTING

#20 DukeofBoogie

DukeofBoogie

Did the Time Warp at his wedding!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,274 posts
  • Interests:The Paranormal, Rock music, Movies, History (Especially the American Civil War), and spending time with my wife and daughter.

Posted 13 July 2006 - 06:31 PM

Good advice all around. I still think that No Human spirit can harm you. Scstches and stuff yeah, and it can get dangerous, but I firmly believe, that if you have the strenght of spirit, and a strong will, and faith in yourself,and in the divine(which ever religion you choose to follow) then they can't touch you. I like what Dave said about being strong.

I had a thought. If this bad one was a Priest that commited suicide, than in his belief system, he committed a mortal sin. He would believe that if he moved on, or is forced to move on, he would certainly go striaght to Hell. That could explain why he got so angry after the blessing. Plus seeing the religous images may set him off because he might feel that by commiting this sin he turned his back on God.

Many people round here don't believe that there is a Hell. I tend to agree with that too, but we must remember that If this spirit was a priest in life...... He DOES believe in hell. And he's probably scared to death (no pun intended) of going there.

From my personal experience, whenenver a spirit was hard to get rid of (mind you I never had one as nasty as you describe, or I never let them get that nasty) I would pray to Saint Micheal the Archangel for help. Call in the big guns, ya know?
http://www.facebook....59567008?v=wallhttp://www.cdbaby.co...eblackriverboyshttp://www.zoarcivilwar.com/In great deeds something abides. On great fields something stays.....Spirits linger, to consecrate ground for the vision place of souls. And reverent men and women from afar, and generations that know us not and that we know not of, heart-drawn to where and by whom great things were suffered and done for them, shall come to this deathless field, to ponder and dream; and lo! The shadow of a mighty presence shall wrap them in its bosom, and the power of the vision pass into thier soles.-Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

I've been hit byPosted Image mrsspookypants

#21 Satanic_Angel

Satanic_Angel

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 03:22 PM

According to legend to rid yourself of ghosts use full leaf sage. The herb and spread it all around your house. Rock salt helps as well. If i keep sage with me i have no feeling of being watched or paranormal feelings of any sort.

#22 dankkid

dankkid

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 03:41 PM

I have an evil entity in my house as well as two harmless ones. The evil one is male and the two others are females. My gf is a sensitive and she picked up on the fact that the two women are actually afraid of the male as well.

The male was responsible for a disturbing bout of sleep paralysis for me the other night. The next day I told him firmly that he is not to interact with me but that I welcomed his presence in the house. It is MY body and he is not to interfere with it.

Also, the vivid image of white light from the highest power surrounding you has helped me beyond belief. Every night when I go to sleep I envision this light surrounding my bed keeping us safe.

I do not think this woman that follows you is harmful, so unless you are terrified of her, I would just "be friends". I think FEAR is one of the biggest things that spirits are attracted to, especially the dark spirits. When you release the fear, and show your authority, they are almost like children...they do listen.

Yeah, don't ask him to show himself. Bad move there...especially if the non-scary girl showing herself freaked you out.

Edited by dankkid, 14 July 2006 - 03:42 PM.

DaNkYPosted Image

#23 juliet_keller

juliet_keller

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,841 posts
  • Interests:Nursing, Softball, Kids, and My Man

Posted 15 July 2006 - 04:44 AM

I agree with everyones advice all around too. I do have a question, you say that you are in contact with a female spirit named Julie (awesome name by the way!), and that she has also followed you during these times (could also be your spirit guide, ask gver lesiedragonslvr more on that). Have you asked her to communicate with this priest? Duke was right with the priestly issues, but that does not give anymore insight on the malice towards your family and pets, there is alot more behind this than what we or you are getting the whole story. Can you ask Julie to communicate with him and find out what is triggering the episodes? As Laurie Ann said what happened to the truck? Does it still exist? As frustrated as you feel there is your own detective work that you may be able to do on your own. As the research worker between Dave (damckie) and I, if the truck still exists get the vintage number from that and check with your local BMV, to find the name of the priest and you might find the church that he was at. You can also check through your local library through documented newspaper listings. A priest who commited suicide would not be listed in just the obituaries, but would make an article/ story for the newspaper and reporter. You also can check with your county historical society, I'm sure that they would have records. As much as I know you want this spirit gone, you may need to find out why he commited suicide in the first place. When and if you can find his name you need to find his parish and talk to all who may have known him, if they are still around, even if this means explaining yourself and your situation, they will listen. If possible find out if he was ex-communicated before his death and where he was layed to rest. Suicide is a very selfish act in the eyes of God. It is a sin for man to take his own life because God gave life to him, it is an abomination in the eyes of the Lord and one that, even though we know that God forgives us for our confessed sins, after suicide you cannot confess that sin. His feelings are just knowing that he may have an eternal Hell. But what made him want to take his life in the first place, that's what I want you to dig deeper upon. He was suffering from his own pity and hell on earth before he decided to do this final deed...I'm sensing that's where you find his malice towards your family and pets. He is still able to carry out the torment and affliction from his past in spiritly ways towards you because of the bond with your dad he has chosen you next in line. Did your father know the priest before his death? Why do you think that he chose your dad? I've heard of items being haunted, but it just seems there's so much more. You may also need to ask Julie about your father in the spirit world maybe she can give you guidance and some answers. If you feel that your dad is still trapped in the other house, you need to see if you can help him move on, see if you can first try with a heart to heart, if it is really the priest that is somehow keeping him bound as well, then you need to get rid of the priest first, but your dad may just be staying around to make sure his daughter is safe, regaurdless on your feelings have your heart to heart to reassure him everything is fine to tell him it is his time to go, you might get your "good-bye" then. Seems like your dad has been through enough and his soul needs to rest and be at peace. I know this may seem like some work, but you came here for help and this may help you find the answers that you're seeking quicker. Even calling in a paranormal team would have to do this research to help you in a haunting to know what they are dealing with, so instead of waiting and wanting to find your answers more quickly, you may have to put away some fear ( I know you said your strong, but even I can sense your cry for help through a screen) and hopefully lay your dad and this priest to rest. One last thing, this may have nothing at all to with any of this, but while you're doing this research, check on prior ownerships through property deeds of your home, might be something there too. Keep us posted we are here to always help, you will get through this! Julie
You know our love was meant to be, the kind of love that lasts foreverAnd I want you here with, from tonight until the end of time,You're the meaning in my life, You're the inspiration,You bring feeling to my life, You're the inspiration,No one needs you more than I need you...You're the Inspiration~ChicagoI Love You, Baby!Julie and Dave are "The Spirit Stalkers of Ohio"www.thespiritstalkersofohio.webs.comCome see what we are all about, our galleries of evidence, and we would love for you to sign our guest book!

#24 ShadowMan

ShadowMan

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 05:34 AM

Hmmm, well my advice will be far different than the ones given here, but I hope it will help.

Firstly, I do not believe the "spirits" in your house are that of humans. If I were you, I would not instantly believe what you see and hear from them. Even the number of spirits you sense, may just be a single creature, or maybe even a legion. Biblically, these would have to be Devils.

We read in Hebrews 9:27
"And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:"

We find in the Bible that the spirit is immediately sent to its final destination. Heaven, or hell. Demons on the other hand spend most of their time doing Demonic things, waiting for their final Judgment:

Matthew 8:29
And, behold, they cried out, saying, What have we to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God? art thou come hither to torment us before the time?

In the Bible we read of Demons being called: Familiar spirits... That is, Spirits that would imitate dead humans. Usually, someone who had such a spirit would be consulted with, the people coming to hear from a dead relative or some such thing.

They are not "attached" to an object, or stuck in a room or an area. They can move as they please, and do as they please. They litterally wander the Earth seeking "whom they may devour", and they are a force to fear. What keeps them in check is the Almighty Hand of God, and nothing else. I suspect that whatever is going on with you, would probably be some kind of Demonic Game that has lasted quite awhile.

The answer is not to get the house blessed (not sure what that is), or to get a Priest to come by and sprinkle holy water... Such things are nonsense. Ritual does nothing, holding a cross does not put a shield about you, having a Bible ready as a weapon to throw will not send it away. We read from scripture that God desires people to worship Him in "Spirit and in Truth"... That is, in True belief and trust, from the inside, where it counts. The Catholics rely too much on visual aids, on rituals, which cannot possibly help you. You must not trust in Holy Water, or in a Cross on your wall, but you must Trust in Christ for your Shield.

So, how to get rid of them? Well, I would suggest you pray directly to God to cast them out, you should also pray to God for Faith. Perhaps you should find yourself a good church also, maybe a Baptist Church, or even a Pentecostal one.. The Pentecostals are more open to Demons and such, considering they speak in tongues and get slain in the Spirit and all of that stuff. Though I worry that you may not find true believers... Not all churches are created equal... Some are good, others are just dead. Whatever the case, you need to shut everything out about what you think about these creatures, get into the Holy Bible, and call for God to help you. If you do not believe in Him, ask God to give you that Faith, seek God, and I pray that you will surrender to Him. Find yourself that Church, tell them you have a problem, and ask them to come home with you to pray with you, and over you. (Also tell them that I have suggested you ask them for that)

I personally will be praying for you, and I will get some friends of mine to pray for you as well. I will pray that God will protect you, that God will give you the gift of salvation, and that the Demons are cast out. In the end, I think it all depends on whether or not you make a decision to believe what I have written, and to believe in the God I want you to ask for help.

God Bless you

Edited by ShadowMan, 17 July 2006 - 05:39 AM.

#25 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 17 July 2006 - 07:08 AM

~Hi Shadowman...to answer your question as to getting a home blessed (you seemed to not know what this meant in your post). To bless a home is almost the same as having a person blessed. The only difference is the home cannot reply, prayers cannot be repeated, and the home cannot say "amen". To bless a home is to "cleanse" a home. Alot of my family members has had this done prior to moving into a new home. It all lies in the person and where they feel comfortable in their faith. I, personally, wouldn't bother with it. But if this is what folks need to rest peacefully at night...then more power to them.

~Hounds, there are alot of helpful hints here. I sure hope they help you in getting rid of this evil spirit. My thoughts will be with you the whole way!!! :devil:
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#26 Guioam

Guioam

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 09:06 PM

Hey Hounds,

I am not sure if you are a christian or not but if you are, know that in Christ Jesus you have power and authority over all of these spirit. If you choose to pick it up and use it. You can rebuke them in Jesus name and cast them out(most won't resist Gods authority).

I think even the ones that look and act nice like the woman are still evil. Out only to "kill steal and destroy". so it would seem unwise to come to terms with them or accept haveing any of them in your house.

You probably shouldn't worry about stuff that makes them mad. Like blessing your house. It is like if a guy tries to attack you in the street; if you knee him in the crotch of course he will be furious and might seem to act even more viciously but if his intent from the begining was already to rape and kill you then who cares. You are just one step closer to beating him.

Also if you praise or worship God that discusts them. Last night i tried praising God(the real God) for the first time in a while and after worshipping him for a little i heard(in my spirit) a guy sorta behindish me let out a frustrated scream/yell and then felt I his heavy presence lift of my back and leave. Also when you draw near to God you are safe.

#27 hounds

hounds

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 12:25 AM

The other day I was ready to confront this spirit. Not so much to tell it to get lost but just so I know that it is who I think it is. I was going to have my husband go outside with the dogs so I could do this alone. But he said NO. He didn't think I should since he seen the capabilities of this spirit.

Thankfully at this time it has been quiet. There is a very DISTINCT feeling I get when he is near. For the moment though he is being silent.

It is so hard to explain about my family. What we have been through. What I can explain is that I feel as though my Grandmother, Father and myself are all very similar in a way. It might be comparable to how twins are. Like the same thoughts pass thru their heads. They may do similiar things on the same day thousands of miles apart. Like an unbreakable connection. That's kinda how we were- our minds all worked exactly the same which is/was very different than the rest of the family. I think it is something in each of us three that there is a flaw - an entry for other spirits. Something I did not know was prior to my fathers death he had talked to another mutual person that he had seen this spirit. That this spirit scared him (something he never admitted to us).

About a month before my dad died I had a startling dream. Dad died May 14, 2006 and Grandma had died Dec 3, 2005. This dream occured late spring. In it I was in my dining room when the phone rings, I picked it up and as clear as day my Grandmothers voice said "Kristi this is your dead grandmother. I have something important to tell you". I think my mind shut off at that point because I don't/can't recall what she was saying. I remember though that I was shocked to hear her voice and knew that this was not right.

My father died on Mothers Day. My grandma always used to tell me her baby boy came to her on Mothers day. Mothers Day happened to fall on the same dates he was born and died on. That was one of the only consolations I had when I heard he died- he went back to his mom the same way he came into this world.

About a week later my dad had asked my mom why she kept calling him (verbally) and then not responding. She asked him "Bob, do you think it was your mothers voice you heard?" And he said "Yes, yes it was her voice" but since he was ill he didn't think too much about it. I asked my mom why she would say such a thing and she told me it just kind of came out of her mouth. She said she knew she herself was not calling him.

I appreciate everybodys advice and concern. For those who have pm me I still have the message. I will probably be getting hold of you in the near future.

Now maybe tomorrow I will share another "strange" thing about me that you can help me figure out. Though this one does not include spirits. It may be stranger than that!

#28 goth_kitty

goth_kitty

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:movies especially bad movies and horror movies, makeup - beauty & special effects, ghost hunting

Posted 19 July 2006 - 01:21 AM

Hounds,

I was just curious whereabouts in Northern IL you live? I grew up in the Marengo/Harvard area and experienced my fair share of ghosts and strange goings on.

#29 hounds

hounds

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 July 2006 - 09:31 PM

Above post- I am now in the Rockford/Winnebago area BUT am from Woodstock/Crystal Lake (our house has a woodstock addy but CL phone #??)- it is in the Bull Valley area which is known by the "house with no corners" which is just a couple streets over.

The truck is long gone- first my dad had an accident in it then my older brother did- after the second accident they got rid of it for good. Nobody got hurt just minor scrapes though my brother had actually rolled the truck so it was totaled by the insurance.

I wanted to add also that Sasha's tail is healing nicely. It was broke -no doubt once I could actually feel it. But she is being her loud cat like self so....

#30 pentagram345

pentagram345

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 07:23 PM

cant we all just get along? if my house was haunted i wouldent mind but if they started locking doors or doing freaky things like watch me shower or hurting me i would feel weird (especially the hurting part!)

I have an evil entity in my house as well as two harmless ones. The evil one is male and the two others are females. My gf is a sensitive and she picked up on the fact that the two women are actually afraid of the male as well.

The male was responsible for a disturbing bout of sleep paralysis for me the other night. The next day I told him firmly that he is not to interact with me but that I welcomed his presence in the house. It is MY body and he is not to interfere with it.

Also, the vivid image of white light from the highest power surrounding you has helped me beyond belief. Every night when I go to sleep I envision this light surrounding my bed keeping us safe.

I do not think this woman that follows you is harmful, so unless you are terrified of her, I would just "be friends". I think FEAR is one of the biggest things that spirits are attracted to, especially the dark spirits. When you release the fear, and show your authority, they are almost like children...they do listen.

Yeah, don't ask him to show himself. Bad move there...especially if the non-scary girl showing herself freaked you out.

but what about if your still scared or freaked out inside but you are facing your fears?

:Wall:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users