• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 hounds

hounds

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 July 2006 - 01:05 AM

I believe my house is currently haunted. I have experienced all the basic "haunting symptoms" but now I am a bit worried. My story is long and complicated so this will probably be done in pieces since it is already late.

Basically there is no history to the home I currently reside. It was built in the mid sixties and has had multiple tenants thru out the years. The last tenant happend to be my brother and his family which did have any experiences while living in this home.

We are on a 1 acre lot in a residential neighborhood. All the houses were built around the same time and most of the neighbors actually built their house. I live in one of the few that actually had people moving in and out over the years. To my knowledge their have been no deaths in this house. I also do not have any reason to think that their was any form of abuse by any of the tenants.

Currently since moving in (approx 2 yrs ago) I have experienced all the normal "haunting" symptoms.

Things being moved.
Name being called when I was the only one in the house.
Knocking on doors - interior.
Cold spots.
Dogs literally have freaked out "over nothing"- while looking out the window or at doors. Once in the basement as well.
Crying/Weeping (when no one else was home).
Doors locking and unlocking by themselves.
Electrial appliances breaking suddenly after a prolong period of harassement.
Cats acting very odd in certain rooms. Like they saw something or sensed something.
The scent of a floral perfume - I don't wear perfume.
The feeling of someone sitting on my bed- when no one is in the room.
Strange/unexplained odors (non-pleasant).
Sudden bright flashes of light in only one room- no bulbs broke BUT dog and cat in other room immedieatly "freaked out". This happend when I was writing to someone about what was happening here.

Many, many more things. Too much to list.

I am a 30 yr old female. Married. No kids. 2 dogs (hounds) and 3 cats. Husband works full time. I now work part time (just within the past month have started working again). These things tend to occur when husband is not home though he has witnessed some of these things himself as well.

NOW for the clincher. I grew up in a haunted house. I know (without a doubt) it was haunted. I had seen 1 of the sprits (female) and know there was a second (male). The male will NOT show himself. He is evil and the one I am most concerned about. The female I know is here now - in my house. I fear the second one is close by. I do not think my parents house is any longer haunted. I think they have followed me. Neither were attached to the family house. Julie (female) met an untimely death close to our home about 100 yrs ago. The other (male) was brought home accidently by my father. I think I had accidently "invited" him in to the house.

This is for starters. I will add more of the story later (tomorrow).

The fact is I don't know what to do. I think we may need help.

#2 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 09 July 2006 - 07:57 AM

~ Have you checked into you and your husband getting blessed? Being blessed may get rid of Julie as well as the evil man. Maybe it would be a good idea for the whole home to be blessed as well. There are going to be many folks here that will be able to help you along here. I wish nothing but the best of luck for you and your family, Hounds. I've read (in a previous post) that if you just "tell" the spirits that they are dead and to leave you alone, that usually works the best. Good luck, sweety, and let us know how things are going. You'll find out that you have made alot of friends here that will try to help you in any way. :kitty:
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#3 DukeofBoogie

DukeofBoogie

Did the Time Warp at his wedding!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,274 posts
  • Interests:The Paranormal, Rock music, Movies, History (Especially the American Civil War), and spending time with my wife and daughter.

Posted 09 July 2006 - 08:06 AM

Just remember... They can't hurt you. Remind them firmly but politely that they are in YOUR home, and are not welcome. The lady spirit may just be looking for help crossing over. Be gentle with her. Be strong with the male ghost. Try burning sage also. It's a great way of cleansing the energies in the home.

I'm also curious... Have bought or obtained any antiques (furniture or other objects) recently. Sometimes spirits can be attached to objects.

P.S.

I'm going to move this to the Personal Encounters Board, where it will get the proper attention.
http://www.facebook....59567008?v=wallhttp://www.cdbaby.co...eblackriverboyshttp://www.zoarcivilwar.com/In great deeds something abides. On great fields something stays.....Spirits linger, to consecrate ground for the vision place of souls. And reverent men and women from afar, and generations that know us not and that we know not of, heart-drawn to where and by whom great things were suffered and done for them, shall come to this deathless field, to ponder and dream; and lo! The shadow of a mighty presence shall wrap them in its bosom, and the power of the vision pass into thier soles.-Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

I've been hit byPosted Image mrsspookypants

#4 damckie

damckie

My innersoul rides on a big fluffy cloud....

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,113 posts
  • Interests:Ghost Hunting!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hanging with my best friend and soulmate

Posted 09 July 2006 - 09:13 AM

Just remember... They can't hurt you. Remind them firmly but politely that they are in YOUR home, and are not welcome. The lady spirit may just be looking for help crossing over. Be gentle with her. Be strong with the male ghost. Try burning sage also. It's a great way of cleansing the energies in the home.

I'm also curious... Have bought or obtained any antiques (furniture or other objects) recently. Sometimes spirits can be attached to objects.

P.S.

I'm going to move this to the Personal Encounters Board, where it will get the proper attention.

Duke, I can't agree with you on your first quote here. I believe they can. People have been pushed, shoved, slapped and have experienced unexplainable rashes and scratch marks on there bodies. Is'nt that getting hurt? I use to live in a haunted house in Chesterland, Ohio and we had a 9yr old boy with us. My sister was in the house one time and was telling this spirit to leave my house. Well when my sister was leaving our home she was holding her son in her arms as she was walking down our brick front steps. Well she somehow got tripped as she was walking down them. She fell to the ground along with her son. She said that she felt like someone stuck out there leg going across the top step. If they want, they can hurt you. My sister got hurt. Yes, stay away from buying antiques! Nothing but trouble there. Right now Hounds I am also dealing with a spirit(s) in my home. Someone tagged a ride with us after an investigation at Chester cemetery. It is also a negitive energy and a friend gave me advise on how to get rid of it. Good luck, I know we will both need it! Dave
Two hearts drawn together bound by destiny. Every road leads to your door...."Will you still love me?" By Chicago. Love is the reason we'll never be alone. In love, in love.... "I believe." By Chicago. I LOVE YOU JULIET!!! The Spirit Stalker of Ohio "BREAK ON THROUGH TO THE OTHER SIDE" The Doors! GOOD DAVE HUNTING

#5 Crone

Crone

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal investigations, reading, crafts, Genealogy, Renaissance Faires,

Posted 09 July 2006 - 09:32 AM

A agree that you should have the house blessed, and take burning sage into each room to cleanse it. After that, it is up to you to either try and rid of your entities, or accept them and wecome them into your family. My sister's home has many entities that are constantly active. One is a grandmother-type that they feel is there to comfort and protect them. Literally everyone who has spent time in their house has experienced her, including the tots in her day care. There is one that is not-so-nice, and has caused havec and bad vibes. There has even been an evp recording that distinctly says "get out". They're still trying to get rid of him.

If you do not wish them there, keep reminding them that this is YOUR house now, and that they are not welcome. Don't be surprised, though, if this fails to keep the bad ones at bay for long. You may need someone more experience to come in and help.

Best of luck.
Still crazy after all these years. ....Paul Simon.... “What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others.” ....Pericles......

#6 Flormarina

Flormarina

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts
  • Interests:I love poetry, and photography, music and oil painting, in general I love nature, with all its splendour and glory. The paranormal has been one of my favourites hobbies.

Posted 09 July 2006 - 10:46 AM

I had a similar situation similiar activity, in a nice home I rented in Mexico.
it seems like some ghost target certain people, in my case, my daughter was the one the was more attack by this entity... my son who was a squeptical turned into a believer in that house, because he used to see a lady walking at the back yard, and when we had dinner together, our plates or cups would be moved away from us, most of the time was my daughter's plate or cup... So we all saw this activity in many ways. .

When my daughter started to tell me that in her bedroon, when she when to bed, she felt someone by her side, and she started to wake up with bruises on her arms and legs.. I got really pist off at it.... so, I opened all the windows, and doors, and walk all over my house in every room, and with a loud, angry, authority, in my voice, I asked this whatever it was to just live my house, explainning that I was paying to be there, and that she and he, because there were more then one... (one day when I woke up, I saw like five people standing by my bed, watching me, ) had to live and had no bussiness being there... because legally was my home. I was so mad, I even negociate with them into paying me rent if they wanted to remain there... and ofcourse, I put the rules, I still remember that day ... :)
I open the front door wide and told them, Get the hell out of my house"!!. well I will not put everything I said to them here... :hug: but they were messing with my daughter!!!.
After that, things when more quiet, but still one remaind, "the woman" my son and my daughter still saw her, specially in the back yard, I never saw her I only felt her behind me sometimes, or when my decorations would be in some other place then where I had place them... had to remind her not to be touching my stuff.

I am not saying for you to do that, but thatś what I did, and I stood in that house for 5 years. I believe that in the flesh we are weak but in the spirir we are very strong, and this has to be fought with the spirit, and mean what you are telling them, believe that you have authority in your home, and take your place... don't let any body steal the peace and security of your home.

Good luck.
:)
Posted ImageFlormarinaIf you got something to tell the world, write a book....

#7 hounds

hounds

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 July 2006 - 01:43 PM

I do believe this evil one IS out to hurt and control. The things witnessed in my childhood home would almost make Amityville look nice. This particular spirit had destroyed my father in many devastating ways. While I was still living at home he "bounced between" my father, my grandmother (til she moved out), and me.

He almost destroyed me as well so I know exactly his wrath and am quite scared of it. This happend when my dad was having cancer treatment followed by heart surgery (congestive heart failure, and surgery to replace his heart valve).

My mother did have the house blessed at MY insistance. It still managed to get in. Holy water then was applied thru out the house and that was when things got ugly. I always felt it was my fault that things turned out they way they did since it was all at my insistance. I hesitate to bring another priest into the home since I fear it will endanger my husband and myself.

Is there a way that I can determine whether he IS indeed in the house or maybe it is Julie who is trying to warn me. I think he may not yet be inside but is waiting outside to get in. I would like to know of a way to determine the most active rooms in the house as well as check my parents house to be sure he is indeed gone from there or if I have encountered yet another spirit. I usually count on "feeling" but I am worried that they may not be correct at this time due to the emotional involvment and inability to seperate myself fully from this.

#8 damckie

damckie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,113 posts
  • Interests:Ghost Hunting!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hanging with my best friend and soulmate

Posted 10 July 2006 - 03:26 PM

I think you should pm Krc and ask him for his input on all of this. He might be able to help you. It sounds like you have a very strong entity in your home. Not fun! My input is try using a analog voice recorder and start asking questions. I think this is the best tool to use for a method for contacting the dead. And if you have an emf detector, use that when you use the VC. Hang in there! Be strong! Dave
Two hearts drawn together bound by destiny. Every road leads to your door...."Will you still love me?" By Chicago. Love is the reason we'll never be alone. In love, in love.... "I believe." By Chicago. I LOVE YOU JULIET!!! The Spirit Stalker of Ohio "BREAK ON THROUGH TO THE OTHER SIDE" The Doors! GOOD DAVE HUNTING

#9 hounds

hounds

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 05:26 PM

I wasn't sure if the last person who responded to my last post would see this. I really need help. Where can I go ? Who can I contact ? Where can I buy some equipment so then maybe someone will believe this is happening and can help.

Who is Krc? I am new to this board!

Where am I able to find some of this equipment? Please! I really think my situation is a bit dire. This particular spirit has been ruining my family for over 25+ years. He is strong! We have only been able to get a small glimpse of him in an actual picture and he was very high up on the wall. From what I have been able to gather that shows the "strength" of the entity.

I am hoping SOMEONE can help me. I refuse to fall victim as my father did. My father recently died which is why this is so very important. He (the spirit) NEEDS me since my father is gone. I also fear my father is still "trapped" in the house. My dad never came to say goodbye! EVERYONE in my family ALWAYS says goodbye- I begged my mom to have her house blessed again for my fathers sake. She did have the priest say an extra prayer for his soul but I don't think it was enough. Every bit of my soul feels my dad at their house. He needs help and this spirit needs to release him.

After writing my last entry - My cat (who was NOT hurt prior to this) suddenly attacked my husband. Upon closer inspection the cats tail simply "broke" right in the hallway with no one else around. Both cat and hubby were standing there when the cat suddenly freaked out and did this. This is a cat who prefers to be carried like a baby - she has NEVER done this before. She was NOT hurt prior to this.

I am very serious on the importantance of this - I NEED HELP. Please direct me to another website or recommend some reading material.

This spirit in question had been a priest. He commited suicide in a blue pick-up truck that my father later purchased. When asked why the truck was so cheap he was told this. He bought the truck and brought it home. Our lives have never been the same. When the original blessing was done on the house the garage door (leading to family room) was forgotten as was the garage. I think that is how he was able to enter- thru the only unblessed door.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE. He has taken his vengance out in small ways before - and it is starting to climax. He is very angry! I am very scared.

#10 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,361 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 10 July 2006 - 05:33 PM

krcguns is our Town Council, and would be able to help you. Click here to send him a message Profile of krcguns

Thank you.
Posted Image

#11 damckie

damckie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,113 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 07:12 PM

Is this an every day/night occurance? You and your family have to be very strong. Spirits prey on the weak. Let them know who is boss and remind them that this is my family and my house. Keep saying that to them. They hear you and see you. They are just like us. If you show fear, then it has the advantage over you. Remember, the only thing that we fear with them is that we cannot see them and they know that!!! They will take all advantage over you if you show fear. That is why I am telling you to be strong!!! We have good people here and they will help you in anyway they can. Trust me, the more you talk or write about this the easier it will get for you. Let us know how everything goes. We are 110% behind you. You have faith and God will protect you! God bless you! Dave

#12 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 10 July 2006 - 09:09 PM

Hi Hounds and welcome to the village. I did get your PM by the way and came right over to the thread. I can give you my best advice as to how I would handle things but much of it will be up to you. You will make the biggest difference in the whole thing.

First of all, keep calm. Ghosts can do some minor things to people like damckie said, scratching, etc. but most of it amounts to someone jumping out in front of you and saying "boo!" It really is no big deal but fear of the unknown is the absolute worst thing there is where ghosts are concerned. It doesn't sound like you are being physically attacked and don't seem to be in any kind of danger that way. Remember, there has never been a documented case of a ghost killing a living human, ever, so you will survive anything that they throw at you.

I believe that it sounds like the spirits are attached to you or an object that is in your possession. Now, if the previous tennants moved out in a hurry it may be the house. Perhaps your female ghost is attached to you and the male is attached to the house. It is really impossible to tell.

Next, I would stay way clear of having the house blessed. I have witnessed activity get ten times worse after having this done. I don't know the reason but I have seen it do more harm than good in every case I have seen people do this. My advice...stay away from this at all costs.

I don't know where you are located but you need a good team to come in and investigate your home. It needs to be a team like ours that is also able to rid the home of the spirits when they are done with the investigation. This is important to do whether there is any evidence found or not. Evidence not being found is no proof that a place is not haunted, it simply means that nothing was found to support it. It happens and needs to be cleaned right away after with the way that you feel about what is going on. If you live close enough our team would be happy to help you out.

Remember to be strong minded. This is where you can do the most for yourself. If you don't like something that is going on, tell them so. Just like reprimanding a small child. Be very firm and tell them like it is. Don't pussyfoot around with them at all and don't worry about being mamby pamby or nicey nice. This isn't the time for it at all. Be stern and be firm and try and get rid of the fear. They know what you know and if you are afraid, they know it...you have to get rid of the mind set of fear and replace it with a very strong willed one that say that you are in charge...it is your house and not theirs and they are not welcome there.

If you want to let me know where you live I can perhaps find a group for you that may come and check into the problem for you if you wish.

I hope that this information helps and if you click the graphic in my signature you can read up on our group, methods and theories.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#13 hounds

hounds

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 09:31 PM

I appreciate you taking the time to read this Krc and everyone!

Julie (the nice female) I think is a bit attached to me. She has followed me before. She seems to let her presence be known once in a while and in a friendly way.

The other (evil) one is rather difficult to describe. No one has actually "seen" him. His presence is felt strongly though. I do agree that he attaches onto "weak" people. My father, grandmother, and myself are really quite strong people on an outside appreance. In fact as my family likes to kid about never making ANY of us three mad. We are a bit of force individually. BUT there is something about the three of us that make me believe we have some kind of "hole or weakness" in ourselves that allow this spirit to enter. This is very hard to describe in writing.

I have always been sensitive to spirits from a very young age. I know when he is close - I can feel him.

As far as having my house blessed I am weary to do that. I know how angry he became last time. Though I wonder if I were to hang crosses if that may help?

KRC I am in Northern Illinois- not sure where you are. About an 1-1.5 hrs northwest of Chicago.

If someone were to come here to check the area would that make him mad? Not that it matters.

#14 Vivienne_DuBois

Vivienne_DuBois

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 10:05 PM

Just a thought, Hounds: when I had a negative entity in my apartment, I did not have it blessed, but I did hang Rosaries around (one over the bed and one by the front door) and asked God to watch over me. This really seemed to help make me feel stronger and protected, though it did not get rid of the entity. The activity did seem to lessen a bit, but it did not go away until I stood up one day and told it it was NOT welcome in my home or around myself and my fiance, any longer. It went away after I told it to.

Viv

#15 hounds

hounds

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 10:16 PM

How stupid would I be to ask for it to show itself?

Last time I did that Julie showed herself and it literally scared the daylights out of me. I couldn't move- like being frozen in place and I think my blood actually ran cold. Never got over that experience and haven't tried it since. I didn't expect it to actually work - I figured maybe something would move or I would hear her BUT to actually SEE her- WOW,WOW, WOW. That was over 20 years ago and I still get chills thinking about it.

Maybe I should- just so I know I am not crazy. My husband believes me BUT he doesn't see/hear the things I do. Maybe if we both asked for it to show itself he could see for himself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users