Posted 11 July 2006 - 11:05 AM

http://www.roadsidea.....AttrId==13341

What do you think?

#2 Mr Eamcat

Mr Eamcat

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Interests:Theology, Philosophy, Jungian Psychology, Forteana, My Partner &amp; Kids, My Blog, Chocolate, Movies, Reading, Nature, Walking,<br />Meditation &amp; Hatha Yoga.

Posted 12 July 2006 - 03:15 AM

Do you mean about the existence of the skunk ape/s?

Or the trashy capitalism it's generating? ;)

I'm a firm believer that there are unknown hominids out there living in remote areas - every culture has them.

There are huge stretches of little explored swamps in Florida, it'd be no suprise to me if there was something there.

It's human nature to find an explotative angle somewhere, so if someone has the ingenuity to make some cash by hard work, good luck to them.

#3 snakebiteoftexas

snakebiteoftexas

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts
  • Interests:searching for haunted places as i drive cross country in my 18 wheeler with my lovely wife and meeting people to go ghost hunting with and playing fantasy sports

Posted 12 July 2006 - 05:31 PM

we have jackalopes where i live :hug:
Posted ImageWWW.SOUTHERNSPIRITSEEKERSOCIETY.COM

#4 Tigger

Tigger

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 06 August 2006 - 04:50 AM

The Florida Seminole Indians that live around the Everglades have seen them and know the Skunk Apes are out there. My grandmother is Seminole and spoke about these "Guardians of the Swamps" as they are known. The Indians leave them alone.

There was some photos taken a few years back of this open field and the guy that had set up the camera caught something large and resembling how the Skunk Ape is said to look. Rather or not it is real has been up to debate.

#5 A.L.E.X.

A.L.E.X.

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Interests:Love horror movies and being scared. Want to experience ghost activity but I ain't touching no Ouija board.

Posted 13 August 2006 - 05:21 PM

I think it's nothing but a hoax. Someone trying to cash in on the bigfoot phenomena but in the swamps where they happen to own a shop and turn it into a Skunkape headquarters.
"Live or die...make your choice."

#6 Prometheus

Prometheus

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 01:14 AM

I happen to have a fascination with Bigfoot ,or maybe its an obsession as my wife could attest to.I have spent more hours than I care to admit on research of this animal.I firmly believe that Bigfoot and animals such as he exsist.There are reports of animals such as Bigfoot from almost every corner of the globe and through out history,so I would not find it hard to believe in the exsistance of a Skunk ape.

#7 xstarchild

xstarchild

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:everything

Posted 29 September 2006 - 11:02 AM

Lol, I've always heard about these. I swear the Florida Skunkape is my brother. I've always called him that. I'm such a lovely little sister.
The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad.

#8 Sean V

Sean V

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Interests:Sasquatch Research, General Cryptozoology, Camping, Hiking, Lokean Spirituality, Runes &amp; Runecasting, Medieval Recreation, Reading, Writing

Posted 30 September 2006 - 01:41 AM

I think it's nothing but a hoax. Someone trying to cash in on the bigfoot phenomena but in the swamps where they happen to own a shop and turn it into a Skunkape headquarters.

I would have to agree with A.L.E.X. on this, at least partially. David Shealy has been caught hoaxing reports and photographs before, any of his claims are now highly suspect.

But on the part of there being "Skunk Apes" in Florida; this I truly do believe. I have friends who are Skunk Ape researchers and who spend a good deal of their free time looking for this elusive creature. I will trust their word over all others.
Western Canadian Sasquatch Research Organization (WCSRO)"I'll just keeping on looking 'til I find the darn thing." - Rene Dahinden, 1976.

#9 cyqe

cyqe

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 01 October 2006 - 12:33 AM

This is my first post here since I did the introduction in July. I just had to post this. I live in the tri-states area of Alabama, Florida and Georgia. My grandfather died in 2001 at the ripe old age of 94. When I was a kid he would take me fishing in the little creek that runs from our house in AL over the state line into FL. It's all swamp there. We would see, hear and Lord knows! smell things in the swamp that he called Skunk Apes. He acted as if this were just a normal part of the surroundings and nothing to get excited about and I always followed his lead. When I asked him about them, he said that they had always been here and that if you left them alone, they'd leave you alone, same as a water moccasin. I've actually seen more than one of them and while it was sort of strange, being young, I just took it that everyone knew about them. It wasn't until I was much older that I found out that some people didn't believe in them. To me that was the same as people not believing in bears or beavers or bobcats.

Edited by cyqe, 01 October 2006 - 12:35 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users