- - - - -

what do you have in your ghost hunting gear

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#16 GhostHunterGirl

GhostHunterGirl

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal Investigation/Research, historical research, science, reading, road trips, swimming.

Posted 11 August 2006 - 10:07 PM

Our team uses many different pieces of equipment. We are in the process of saving up for a thermal cam. Those things are wonderful, but very expensive. Here are some of the things we use now though:

35mm Cameras
Digital Camera
Tape Recorder
Digital Recorder
EMF Detectors
Video camcorder with night vision
Motion Sensors
Flashlights
Digital Thermometer
Compass
Lots and lots of batteries
Log books and journals for each member
Metal Detector

Posted ImageFounder/Supervisor of Paranormal Wind Ghost Hunters SocietyPosted Image**Tryin to Explain the Unexplained**Posted Image

Posted ImageContact PWGHS:ParanormalWindGHS@gmail.com

#17 whispering leaves

whispering leaves

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 13 August 2006 - 05:31 PM

Well let me see if I can remember what all we have:

4 sony digital HI8 video cameras
4 channel DVR system and tons of cables
4 tripods
4 wide angle lenses for our video cameras
2 IR thermometers
1 datalogger (temperature device which we can place in an area and it records temp/humidity all night and we can download it to our computer for a graph)
2 ambiant thermometers
4 stand alone IR lights
Trifield EMF meter
Gaussmeter EMF
EMF cell sensor (which I don't like and won't use!)
I personally have a sony P210 digital voice recorder but others on our team have olympus recorders also
A flat screen TV to watch the video cameras on
Kodak digital camera 6.1 megapixel
Masking tape to tape down cables
I use my laptop to record EVP's sometimes with an external microphone

We put this all in 2 Anvil cases for easy transport.

I also have a tackle box which holds AA, AAA, C, D, 9Volt batteries and my camera batteries and other little misc things for our investigations.

But the most important thing I have is my clipboard and my logbook where I can document everything.

Helen
Co-Founder SPIRIT Investigations
www.spiritinvestigations.net

i want to start hunting ids there anywhwere in manhattan beach?

#18 Redneck Racer

Redneck Racer

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Interests:My interest are Driving, racing, Trucks, Cars, Dirt Bikes, Atvs, Building Hot Rods, Ghost Hunting and Reading Car Mags, Mafia Movies and Playing Video Games

Posted 08 September 2006 - 07:18 PM

All I use is a 600 dollar Nikon Cam, 800 speed Film, A digital recorder and a Friend

#19 heavenlee

heavenlee

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting, psychic awareness, angels, mediums, old grave yards any graveyard.lol! I hate ufo paranormal it scares the jibes out of me.

Posted 08 September 2006 - 10:30 PM

I only do it for friends at the moment because in my area ghosts are taboo, but anyone who can get rid of them that is not a Christian or Catholic leader is even more taboo. So I don't need much professionalism yet.

Ghost being Taboo? What is this world comming too? Discrimination i tell ya! The world is a hard place, Vampires get the stake, wearwolves get the silver bullet (as do many bored housewives! ee hee) Us witches get the noose! A messed up place! I just want world peace! :ghost:

Our team uses many different pieces of equipment. We are in the process of saving up for a thermal cam. Those things are wonderful, but very expensive. Here are some of the things we use now though:

35mm Cameras
Digital Camera
Tape Recorder
Digital Recorder
EMF Detectors
Video camcorder with night vision
Motion Sensors
Flashlights
Digital Thermometer
Compass
Lots and lots of batteries
Log books and journals for each member
Metal Detector

Just curious? What do you use a metal detector for?
Dont be afraid of the dead its the living you should fear!Posted Image

#20 KatieKintner

KatieKintner

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 07:17 PM

Lordy, what don't we have...? Well a lot actually but we carry a lot too. However, since I started doing this, I am tending to streamline what I actually have on my person. Between my husband and myself, what we have IN THE CAR (not necessarily with us) are:

flashlights, lots of them
extra batteries
at least one digital camera
an extra slave flash
nightvision monocular
sony digital camcorder with nightvision
tripod
EMF reader (I hate these, I let hubby use it)
Laser thermometer (no good outdoors)
at least 2 digital voice recorders
walkie talkies
rubber bands/red cellophane (for flashlights)
assorted small tools

I have found I really only need a few things for myself--my digital voice recorders (they confirm each other) and a camera do me just fine. Hubby uses the camcorder and EMF reader and we both carry walkie talkies if we're apart. The nightvision monocular is just a toy that I find useful but it's so small it's difficult to use without blinding myself. LOL!

I forgot to mentch in my last post that we also carry 35mm cameras but I find them too heavy and bulky to lug around. Sometimes I carry disposables, which I am using tomorrow at a practice investigation at local cemetery.

Also, a folding chair is nice to have along! LOL!

Save a horse, ride an old carousel!Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageK a t i e K i n t n e r| Fox Valley Spirit Hunters | Fox Valley Spirit Hunters on Myspace | | Frozen North EVPs | Wisconsin Ghostboard |

#21 erna_butter

erna_butter

weird ancient from the medieval times

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts
  • Interests:Art (any kind), computers, paranormal, forensics, psychology, and of course fantasy books, and history.

Posted 15 September 2006 - 08:20 PM

I honestly don`t have any....

but I wish I did, I mainly use a camera, and now that I bought a mic that sets up to my comp, I use that as well..

to be quite honest I don`t think one needs all that much to go ghost huinting, that is if they go only for themselves, if you go to show everyone else what you got then of course buy what you can and try to get a good deal on it....:D
Posted Image I A.M CANADIAN

#22 KatieKintner

KatieKintner

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 08:50 PM

I honestly don`t have any....

but I wish I did, I mainly use a camera, and now that I bought a mic that sets up to my comp, I use that as well..

to be quite honest I don`t think one needs all that much to go ghost huinting, that is if they go only for themselves, if you go to show everyone else what you got then of course buy what you can and try to get a good deal on it....:hug:

You know, I agree with you. I think most of us (not all) are really just doing it out of curiosity and the chance for some really strange adventures. Most of us don't have the capability of setting up truly "scientific" experiments with proper controls, conditions, witnesses, etc. Even if we did, those darn ghosts just don't want to produce results that can be repeated!

Since we do investigations for clients, we try to have the tech stuff but for just myself, I do fine with a camera and a voice recorder. Besides, who can honestly haul all that stuff around and do an adequate job of investigation? You know the original "ghost hunters" like Harry Price just carried a pad and pencil, some string, a knife, some flour, candles, matches and if they were really getting high-tech, a box camera...oh, and maybe a gun! LOL! They did all right with just that.

Save a horse, ride an old carousel!Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageK a t i e K i n t n e r| Fox Valley Spirit Hunters | Fox Valley Spirit Hunters on Myspace | | Frozen North EVPs | Wisconsin Ghostboard |

#23 Soul09Seeker

Soul09Seeker

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts
  • Interests:Spirituality, Native American Culture, Metaphysics, Precognition, Reincarnation, Numerology, Paranormal. I'm a paranormal investigator with O.R.I.O.N.<br /><br />Check our website out:<br />www.orionparanormal.com<br /><br />Check out our new Forum<br /><br />www.orionparanormal.com/forum/index.php

Posted 19 September 2006 - 05:02 PM

The items that I carry with me are the following:

35mm Camera
flashlight
pad of paper
cascarilla
batteries
extra film

#24 spiritlady

spiritlady

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts
  • Interests:what ever comes to mind............

Posted 21 September 2006 - 01:18 PM

i sometimes wounder if what we carry is overload ??? Whirly Dude
i mean i know some of you go in large groups but really.

SPL :weeee:
My Sesshomaru , my protectorPosted Image

#25 salem906

salem906

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 October 2006 - 12:45 PM

I AM JUST BEGINNING I HAVE AN EMF RECORDER
AN EVP RECORDER
DIGITAL CAMERA
FLASHLIGHT
ALOT OF BATTERIES.

#26 Sci-Fi16

Sci-Fi16

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, History, Treasure Hunting

Posted 28 October 2006 - 02:16 PM

What do I take with me? Nerves!:clap: :Spaz:

#27 redneck

redneck

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 12:05 AM

2 digital camaras and a distinct desire to learn what the heck I'm doing...
Ken Stansbury <RedNeck>

#28 Roadkill

Roadkill

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:Checking out &quot;haunted Areas&quot; and posting about them on my site, Playing Drums (yes I'm a musician too), Web Design, fast cars, and well.....everything else on a need to know basis hmmm---kay?

Posted 30 October 2006 - 10:03 PM

My list is actually quite small:
1 Digital Camera
1 Flashlight (With a spare in the truck)
A tape recorder.

Yup..all of 3 items!
They're Here!

#29 Axman

Axman

Chainsaws are better......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 31 October 2006 - 01:30 AM

I use these items regularly...

VHS camcorder with low lux capability.
35 mm camera
digital camera
Gaussmaster EMF detector
laser thermometer
RF detector

Oh, and a 1977 Dodge van (the Mystery Machine :) ) to carry the crew and gear that everyone brings to the location. :wow:

Edited by Axman, 31 October 2006 - 01:31 AM.

Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#30 ScaredIsCool

ScaredIsCool

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:Horror and Sci-Fi movies, guitar, classic cars, 70's and 80's music, PLUS anything involving the paranormal :)

Posted 23 November 2006 - 08:49 AM

I'm fairly new to this also.....I've been on three outings so far with no results. I'm going to keep at it!

Here's what I take with me:

Sony CCD-TRV138 Hi8 Camcorder with Nightshot Plus and tripod.
Sony TCM-200DV Cassette Recorder with an external mic, voice activation, and speed control.
Sony ICD-P320 Ic Recorder with voice activation and ability to download files to my PC.
Kodak EasyShare DX4330 3.1 Meg digital camera.
Kestrel 3000 Digital thermometer. Also measures wind speed and humidity.....I just use the thermometer function.
Compass.
Two hand held flashlights plus one headband mounted LED light.
Leatherman Supertool multitool.
Audiovox walkie talkies.
Digital watch with backlight.
Notepad and pencils/pens.
Mechanix brand lightweight work gloves.
Spare batteries, camcorder/cassette recorder tapes for everything.
Dr. Pepper. Lots of Dr. Pepper.

Robert :clap:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users