27 replies to this topic

#1 Jeff Belanger

Jeff Belanger

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 07:54 AM

Dear Ghostvillagers,

Our Haunted Lives is a book that arguably I began working on in 1997. Back in '97 I had no idea I would be writing any books, but I knew I wanted to know more about ghosts and the supernatural. It was back in '97 that I was talking to someone who said she saw a ghost in Dudleytown, Connecticut. Now, I wasn't there when she had her experience, so I can't tell you with certainty that she saw something. But I can tell you beyond any doubt that this girl was moved by whatever it was that she did see. The way she described her experience, her eyes only looked away from mine in order to find the right words, and the way her body tensed up with fear as she relived her moment of contact made me a believer in her. Short of having a supernatural experience for yourself, speaking one-on-one with a witness to a ghostly event is the most compelling evidence for ghosts that there is.

For years people have been telling me about their ghost experiences -- their testimony is gripping. Since my days as a newspaper reporter I have always kept my trusty hand-held tape recorder by my side. When I interview a witness, the tape rolls so I can pay attention to our conversation and so I don't miss anything. Replaying the tape for me was almost like reliving the encounter. In Our Haunted Lives, I present the experiences in the words of the witnesses. I want you to read what I heard. I tried to ask the questions you might have asked. It's a new approach to documenting ghost encounters, and I hope you'll all support me on this and pick up the book.

Our Haunted Lives is also the place where I present the entire interview with George Lutz, the man whose experiences in Amityville, New York back in 1975 sparked many books and movies that often exaggerated or completely made up what really happened. I spoke to Mr. Lutz for hours about everything he's experienced since the summer of 1975 right through present day. Sadly, George Lutz died this past May and this interview was one of the last major discussions he ever had on the record. Was Amityville a hoax? See what George Lutz himself had to say about it.

Please forgive me for this shameless self-promotion, but this month we're going to explore the profound nature of the ghost experience as our topic of the month. If you'd like to buy this book or any of my other books online, you can do so here: http://www.ghostvill...fbelanger.shtml

Supernaturally yours,

Jeff Belanger
Ghostvillage.com
Have you read these books?
Posted Image
There will be a quiz...

#2 freyjasdottir

freyjasdottir

Don't follow this leader

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,429 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 09:24 AM

Jeff,

Half way done with it already, took it to work and tried to explain to my ladies that I know the author. I love the format and I admit I did cheat a bit, as I read the sections by those who I KNOW are villagers first.
Posted Image Myspace "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results." Albert Einstein Posted Image Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#3 mrsspookypants

mrsspookypants

Yep, she's THE GHOST....blame it ALL on her!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts
  • Interests:Scary things....

Posted 13 July 2006 - 09:37 AM

Me too masq! I've been skipping through sections, even going back and re-reading some stuff again. It is a great read and will make an excellent "coffee table book" around Halloween time this year. Once again....well done Jeff!!!!!

#4 snakebiteoftexas

snakebiteoftexas

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts
  • Interests:searching for haunted places as i drive cross country in my 18 wheeler with my lovely wife and meeting people to go ghost hunting with and playing fantasy sports

Posted 13 July 2006 - 11:45 AM

sounds like a great book ive never spoke to you but from what i hear you are a good guy maybe one day ill get the honor of talking with you im trying to find your books in mn hope i have good luck
Posted ImageWWW.SOUTHERNSPIRITSEEKERSOCIETY.COM

#5 Jeff Belanger

Jeff Belanger

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 02:32 PM

Thanks, Masq and Mrsspooky!

And Snakebite... don't believe everything you hear about me being a great guy. Between us, I heard that I can be really cranky early in the morning. But that's just rumor.

-Jeff
Have you read these books?
Posted Image
There will be a quiz...

#6 dankkid

dankkid

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 03:40 PM

Who isn't cranky in the morning? I would be terrified to find someone who hops out of bed with a smile on their face..."anyone want some coooofffeeeeee???!!"

I can barely function in the morning.

Can't wait to read the book...a little short on funds right now so I may have to wait a bit...
DaNkYPosted Image

#7 jakob493

jakob493

Very greedy and not happy with just one tag

• PipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 04:54 PM

Sounds like a great book Jeff! I want to buy it, but I doubt the bookstore will take handfuls of pennies that add up to about $5. Worth a try though... I could sell my blood at a blood bank, but odds are I'd get greedy and let them suck me dry, then I'd be too weak to buy the book, see its a horrible chain reaction ;)

So how many/which villagers contributed to this book?

#8 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,357 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 13 July 2006 - 05:10 PM

Congratulations Jeff. :) ;)
Posted Image

#9 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 13 July 2006 - 07:07 PM

~Boy Jeff, you keep writing all these books and my mother-in-law is going to get so mad at you!!!! She's already buying me the first 3 for my birthday (next month)...now I'm just gonna have to show her your new one. I'm telling ya...I just can't wait to get my hands on them!!!! ;)
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#10 snakebiteoftexas

snakebiteoftexas

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts
  • Interests:searching for haunted places as i drive cross country in my 18 wheeler with my lovely wife and meeting people to go ghost hunting with and playing fantasy sports

Posted 13 July 2006 - 09:26 PM

i just went and bought 4 of them couldnt find the 5th now i cant put them down darn jeff why do you write so good ill never get to sleep till i read them all

#11 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,364 posts
  • Interests:Art

Posted 14 July 2006 - 06:22 AM

Congrats Jeff. This is a great read. I have to say from page 98-100 is my very favorite part though. :Wall:
Check out my artwork at:http://www.jimdemick.com/
and on Facebook
Posted Image https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Art-of-Jim-Demick/261669903877527

Posted ImagePosted Image

"There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#12 mrsspookypants

mrsspookypants

Yep, she's THE GHOST....blame it ALL on her!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts
  • Interests:Scary things....

Posted 14 July 2006 - 12:00 PM

Hey Kats....why don't you start a new thread on your section. That way people can ask you questions that may pop in their heads when they are reading that part.

In fact, it would be coold if everyone that has an experience in the book started a thread on their experience where we could ask them questions!

#13 PDOOBEPD

PDOOBEPD

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 12:41 PM

:weeee: Kudo's on the new book Jeff!!

I posted a news article on the main page of my site regarding your latest :wow: Book venture. I hope it helps to boost sales.

Best Wishes and Congrats!

Ginger
"Dreams are today's answers to tomorrow's questions." by "Edgar Cayce"Owner/Administrator of ParanormalDreams.com

#14 snakebiteoftexas

snakebiteoftexas

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 04:45 PM

ok been awake 36 hrs but ive read three of jeffs books they are the kind you just cant put down really love them

#15 Night Star

Night Star

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, animals, reading, music, dragons, fairies, elves, being creative...

Posted 09 August 2006 - 07:44 PM

:wave: I have two of your books Jeff (autographed) and have been lucky enough to meet you twice. Once in a library in Woonsocket, R.I. and the other in Bellingham Mass. :clap:

Jeff is an engaging speaker and knows his stuff of course. He also has a wonderful sense of humor. :P
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users