Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Photo

can a spirit fall in love with the living?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16 Mistteak

Mistteak

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Interests:horses<br />animals<br />ghosts<br />this site

Posted 22 July 2006 - 08:11 PM

For you to lead a normal love life, will he back off when you meet the one? If he does not what will you do?

#17 pentagram345

pentagram345

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 08:37 PM

yes very interesting that would even make a good book idea :lol:

For you to lead a normal love life, will he back off when you meet the one? If he does not what will you do?

thats a good question :)

#18 feusurlaneige

feusurlaneige

Not a very good "ghost" detective!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 23 July 2006 - 05:42 AM

That spirit needs to be shown the way home. He must be a spirit on the the physical plane to interfer like this. An evolved spirit would never do this. If a spirit on the physical plane is invited or encouraged to stay around , they will.

#19 petunia4998

petunia4998

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 23 July 2006 - 12:43 PM

If you're talking about spirits, they love you mightily, but they are not in love with you. Your loved ones who have passed over love you mightily, too, but they also would not be in love with you.

Those stories like the ones where angels incarnate so they can be with humans is so preposterous. The love that is on the other side has no comparison. It is total and unconditional. Let me tell you, flawed human love is puny compared to god's love.

Ghosts could attach to a person, of course, but I doubt if it's for love; it's just that they don't know what's waiting for them on the other side.
petunia4998

#20 nohara_megami

nohara_megami

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • Interests:darn, so many:<br>reading books by:<br> 1. Marrion Zimmer Badley<br> 2. Terry Brooks<br> 3. Amy Tan<br> 4. Susan Cooper<br> 5. Anne Rice<br> 6. and an infinate amount of others, i read everything and anything<br><br>anime:<br> 1. Escaflowne<br> 2. Fushigi Yugi<br> 3. Miyaziaki movies<br> 4. and once again, anything and everything<br><br>crafts:<br> 1. needlepoint<br> 2. scrapbooking<br> 3. and whatever else i do not blow up in the process^_^<br><br>also:<br>videogames, playing on the comp, researching the paranormal, listening and playing music, and anything else that comes to mind:)

Posted 23 July 2006 - 07:05 PM

I have no idea if he would...he did not in my last relationship, and has been around more and more since the relationship had ended. If I get into one that is possibly 'the one', I wouldn't have a clue to what to do if he stays around.

That spirit needs to be shown the way home. He must be a spirit on the the physical plane to interfer like this. An evolved spirit would never do this. If a spirit on the physical plane is invited or encouraged to stay around , they will.

I have thought about this, and it still worries me. I have encountered many spirits, and this is the most active one I have seen. He is the most physical (towards me) that I have encountered also. I have tired telling him that his place is not here, and that he needs to move on. He did not get angry at that, but almost impatient and insulted that I said something like that to him.
I would love advice on the subject though! Any help is good help.
Hellsing: In the name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished into eternal damnation. Amen.I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!Rome did not create an empire by having meetings. They did it by killing those who opposed them.Witches... Not just for burning.

#21 Mistteak

Mistteak

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Interests:horses<br />animals<br />ghosts<br />this site

Posted 24 July 2006 - 04:55 AM

I would say yes, you do need to help him move on, I should think someone on GV will be able to help you find someone who can assist you in this

#22 Guest_SweetAnn_*

Guest_SweetAnn_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 July 2006 - 11:59 PM

Although many spirits are good natured, there is the possibility that a spirit could turn jeoulous. Who would/could respond to a spirit's love?

I just don't see a ghost developing attatchment to a living being. I've read too much about spirit's reliving their lives...or the significant parts of their life that caused them to remain.

#23 Guest_SweetAnn_*

Guest_SweetAnn_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 July 2006 - 12:16 AM

Isn't that hard for you to deal with? It seems like that would be a huge interference on your life on earth. I didn't really think that a spirit could fall in love with a living person.

I think it depends on which ghosts could fall in love. You know? There are different spirits. Some haunt where they died...or had a very life changing experience. So...I suppose a wandering spirit could fall in love.

But I seriously doubt that a spirit from a completely different time...you know...early 1900's and earlier could fall in love. There is just so much difference in our behavior, our looks, our way of thinking.

I really don't know if this is making sense.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users