• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#31 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 15 August 2006 - 12:57 AM

When the time comes the only way this frozen person could live again in my opinion is by cloning.
Now the question is ,is a cloned person a new human being?
I think they are ,so they would not likely get the same soul.

Think of a clone as an identical twin born at a different time. Genetics can dictate a lot, but you can't discount personality.

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#32 Iam

Iam

Gotta be dead to get into heaven

• PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 01:20 AM

An alternate dimension, Aloha?
I am not advocating a morality based on evolution. I am saying how things have evolved. I am not saying how we humans morally ought to behave. Let us try to teach generosity and altruism, because we are born selfish. Let us understand what our own selfish genes are up to, because we may then at least have a chance to upset their designs, something that no other species has ever aspired to do.

#33 bardo

bardo

Would like to sit on the clouds and watch the world

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts
  • Interests:the world here and beyond...lol anything ghosty I don't watch very much tv but when i do it's shows like supernatural.<br />I love music ....going to concerts.....groups like the dropkickmurphys,floggingmollies,pogues, some old stuff like the clash and joe strummer. I just saw Bob Dylan and The Who .<br />I like just about anything but country I do love Johnny cash though!<br />I love walking my dogs and getting outside as much as possible .<br />I plan on living until I'm at least 150 .

Posted 15 August 2006 - 05:07 PM

Actually, Bardo, the concept behind this is to un-thaw the original body to a state that can be cured of the desease that was killing it in the first place. Same body!!

I don't think the bodycould be properly thawed using todays technology
so I think if you've been frozen before they develope this technology I think you are out of luck.
They have been freezing ppl. for years and no one yet has come back.
And even if they could the soul has the ability to see the future and it could be quite capable of coming back if and when it is needed.
Posted Image Dreams are today's answers to tomorrow's questions. Edgar Cayce

#34 insanityplea

insanityplea

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 11:41 PM

hm...wouldn't this be considered suicide in some form? Just a thought. Kinda skimmed over cuz its late... :headbang: . Or maybe you'd be trapped there? Become a ghost/spirit staying around your frozen body...kinda creepy. Makes me wonder if these places are haunted...
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users