Are pregnant women more sensitive?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 jamiems1

jamiems1

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 08:11 AM

This past month I had a couple of wierd things happen. I am pregnant and I was outside playing with my young children. I looked over at the street and just "knew" that a spirit was there. I couldnt see it, but I could feel it. Nothing came of it.
Last night I was lying in bed getting ready to drift off, when I "knew"that me and my husband was not alone in our room. I did not get a friendly feeling out of whoever was with us. In fact, it plum scared me out of my mind. I started praying like mad asking GOD to fill our house with his love, and that nothing bad was welcome here. I could "feel" where it was in our room. When it moved..I knew it. My husband slept through it fitfully. I didnt want to wake him, because I would have felt so stupid telling him about a ghost in our bedroom.
This is the first time that I have "felt" a presence. I was wandering if it could be possible that it is because I am pregnant and more sensitive?

#2 leslie_dragonlvr

leslie_dragonlvr

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,396 posts
  • Interests:Enjoying life, again.<br />Anything paranormal, mostly spiritography and spirit communication.<br />The wilderness, traveling, historical places and a beach.<br />All that involves my heart and soul.

Posted 27 July 2006 - 11:47 AM

No not really. I feel your senses are there already, and this spirit has a strong energy which you picked up on.

But my daughter has told me that this spirit needs to tell you something. He/she knows you are sensing them. When a spirit is lost and confused, they tend to find a person who can sense them, looking for answers. She said it is the same one you saw out front, hence the night visit too. Spirits can not really do harm to any one. You can try and talk to this spirit, be very firm and show no fear when doing so. You can tell him you do not wish for him to be with you, to please move on. Light a candle in your room at night, this will bring postive energy into the room. If you wish to keep him away, burning sage about the entire house and or putting rock salt in all the corners in the house will help.

Keep me informed if this spirit comes again or is persistant in any way. He may even go on his own. Just be aware if he is there and talk to him about moving on.

Do you know of anyone close to you who may have passed recently? Tell me anything that comes to mind ok?

Best wishes on your new one to arrive! When are you due?
:ghost:
Greg - You and no other - Forever and Always! Gv ge yu!

#3 lulaboo

lulaboo

Beware of her lil' redneck girl rage

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,298 posts
  • Interests:too many to list

Posted 27 July 2006 - 12:43 PM

Have you experienced anything like this with your other pregnancies? :ghost:
Is it Peeps season yet?Gallon of citronella oil--$5.95Having said oil blessed by local Catholic priest--FreeThe look on a psychic vampires face after you douse it with blessed oil and call it a psychic mosquito--Priceless!!!There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#4 jamiems1

jamiems1

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 01:28 PM

Noone that I know has past recently. The last person I knwo that died was about 6 months ago. It was my step dad. we didtn have a good relationship. I cant remember ever having something like this happen when I was pregnant before. I am due on January 30th. Thanks for any help you can give me.

#5 DukeofBoogie

DukeofBoogie

Did the Time Warp at his wedding!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,274 posts
  • Interests:The Paranormal, Rock music, Movies, History (Especially the American Civil War), and spending time with my wife and daughter.

Posted 27 July 2006 - 06:04 PM

Perhaps having the highten "Mother" senses has something to do with it? I know my mom seemed to have a strange ability to sense trouble or spirits (though she was a skeptic of the later). It's in your nature to protect your children, and you'll be more aware of what's around you, living or spirit.

I seemed to change after my daughter was born. I smell different. I hear different. But I'm just daddy. It's stronger in Moms

Edited by DukeofBoogie, 29 July 2006 - 06:13 AM.

http://www.facebook....59567008?v=wallhttp://www.cdbaby.co...eblackriverboyshttp://www.zoarcivilwar.com/In great deeds something abides. On great fields something stays.....Spirits linger, to consecrate ground for the vision place of souls. And reverent men and women from afar, and generations that know us not and that we know not of, heart-drawn to where and by whom great things were suffered and done for them, shall come to this deathless field, to ponder and dream; and lo! The shadow of a mighty presence shall wrap them in its bosom, and the power of the vision pass into thier soles.-Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

I've been hit byPosted Image mrsspookypants

#6 Holly

Holly

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 08:17 PM

I agree with Duke about heightened senses..Absolutely...yup!

Do you think maybe you're alarmed because this is all new to you or is the bad feeling truly eminating from the spirit?

Never forget, jamie...This is your home...You lay the ground rules. Maintain control and if you're uncomfortable, then the spirit is not welcome to stay with you.
Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#7 heavenlee

heavenlee

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting, psychic awareness, angels, mediums, old grave yards any graveyard.lol! I hate ufo paranormal it scares the jibes out of me.

Posted 30 July 2006 - 10:20 AM

Jamiems1, You say you didnt have a very good relationship with your stepfather and he just passed. Do you think it could possiably be him? Maybe has come to make ammends? Everyone has an aura around them you can feel. Sometimes just by being near a person you get the instinct feeling you dont like them or you get a very uneasy feeling. Maybe your feeling his spirit aura and being pregnant makes you more sensitive towards the safety of your family. Ive been pregnant six times so far...(J/k all finshed withthat part of my life.) I was never sensitive toward spirits at all when i was with child. It was weird. After the baby or in one case babies came things went crazey and i was really picking up on spirits. After we brought a new child into the house we had alot of spiritual visitors. One thing is certain. As others have said its your house, tell whomever is bothering you to leave, just as you would if someone in the living was bothring you. ~Heavenlee
Dont be afraid of the dead its the living you should fear!Posted Image

#8 Sheal

Sheal

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 30 July 2006 - 10:26 AM

I would say it depends on the pregnant woman. In my four preggos, didn't find a difference at all. Just as the symptoms of pregnancy vary from woman to woman and even the same woman for different pregnancies I think sensitivity would vary as well.

Sheal

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users